Windows 10: PC is taking too long to start after KB4497934 update and PIN not working

Discus and support PC is taking too long to start after KB4497934 update and PIN not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Since I installed the latest update KB4497934, the laptop takes a lot of time to start and whenever I enter my PIN or my password it says "credentials... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mohammed Ashraf21.7, May 24, 2019.

1. PC is taking too long to start after KB4497934 update and PIN not working

Since I installed the latest update KB4497934, the laptop takes a lot of time to start and whenever I enter my PIN or my password it says "credentials could not be verified", it doesn't work unless I restart my laptop after it fails to sing in. It's so frustrating!

:)

Mohammed Ashraf21.7, May 24, 2019

2. Sign-in taking time after setting up PIN

Hello Harold,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that it is frustrating when the features don’t work the way there are supposed to. Usually, it takes time to login using the PIN after setting it up for the first time, as Windows optimizes and connects all the applications
    linked to your Microsoft account to give access using the PIN.

I suggest you to try logging in again and wait for some time to let Windows optimize the PIN for next use.

However, if you want to remove the PIN you can follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Login to the PC using password, and go to
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    2. Under PIN click on
      Remove.
    3. Enter the password and click on
      OK.
    4. Restart the PC.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 24, 2019
  3. Start Search (Cortana) takes to long

Hi Gagan,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

• Have you installed any third party security software?
    This issue could have occurred due to conflict between third party antivirus software

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have installed any third party security software, I suggest you to temporarily disable them.

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if there are any updates pending and install the same.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter ms-settings: and then press
      OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update
      , and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 24, 2019
  4. PC is taking too long to start after KB4497934 update and PIN not working

Login Setup won't take a PIN

Hi! When I try the first step (takeown) it worked just fine. But when I tried the second step (icacls) I got an error message "No mapping between account names and security ids was done.
    Successfully processed 0 files; Failed processing 1 files". How should I proceed?

EmersonOliveira1, May 24, 2019
Thema:

PC is taking too long to start after KB4497934 update and PIN not working

1. PC is taking too long to start after KB4497934 update and PIN not working - Similar Threads - taking too long

2. Update takes too long.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update takes too long.: 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5014666 takes way too much time than usual. I mean what the hell is wrong with Microsoft? I don't understand why people even use windows. so much disaster operating system. We can't waste an...
  3. Update takes too long.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update takes too long.: 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5014666 takes way too much time than usual. I mean what the hell is wrong with Microsoft? I don't understand why people even use windows. so much disaster operating system. We can't waste an...
  4. Update Taking Too Long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Taking Too Long: Hi. I am currently having the Windows 10 Update Assistant install the November 2021 update on my HP laptop. So far, it has been downloading and installing for over 5 hours. Is this normal and is there a way that I can get it to download faster? It is almost complete, but I...
  5. Update Taking Too Long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Taking Too Long: Hi. I am currently having the Windows 10 Update Assistant install the November 2021 update on my HP laptop. So far, it has been downloading and installing for over 5 hours. Is this normal and is there a way that I can get it to download faster? It is almost complete, but I...
  6. Update Taking Too Long

7. Update taking too long

Update taking too long: My device claimed it needed an update and asked me to clear multipled GB to install it, then it asked me to restart to finish installing, I started the restart over an hour ago and it hasn't even reached 1%...
  8. Update taking too long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update taking too long: I just got a new Lenovo 330, had problems with CPU usage so I searched it up and it said that it needed updates. So I started updating, about 8 updates downloaded so I restarted it nothing out of the usual but then it had another 6 updates on the wait, specially one that took...
  9. Update is taking too long

Update is taking too long: My windows is updating . But its been like 2 hrs it has stopped in 15% . The white dots are still spinning but not increasing the update. Should i wait longer or try to restart.??...
  10. Update is taking too long

Update is taking too long: its been almost 2 hrs . The white dots are atill soinning but the update is bot going further then 15% should i wait more ir try to restart .?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-is-taking-too-long/38928599-34e9-4134-bad5-452df72bcf54
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4497934 panding install

2. w10 after upgrade with KB4497934 IE does not open

3. kb4497934