Windows 10: PC: Is the damage to my PC permanent in case of improper shutdown? What precautions can I take?

Discus and support PC: Is the damage to my PC permanent in case of improper shutdown? What precautions can I take? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; PC: I usually have the following open during a normal session: browser with ~8-10 tabs, but I never use notifications ~4-8 MS Word files all the data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mithil Sampat, Nov 23, 2018.

1. PC: Is the damage to my PC permanent in case of improper shutdown? What precautions can I take?

PC: I usually have the following open during a normal session:

1. browser with ~8-10 tabs, but I never use notifications
    2. ~4-8 MS Word files
    3. all the data drive folders / explorer folders / directories of Windows that are open on my PC are located inside the PC version/software/app of Google Drive; I open around ~10 folders in my Google Drive directories

Is the damage to my PC permanent in case of improper shutdown? What precautions can I take? One obvious tip is that I give the PC all the time it needs to start up again. I am wondering whether there are any other tips I can take.

This is my personal PC, and I do not have an IT department.

:)

Mithil Sampat, Nov 23, 2018

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 23, 2018
  3. pc shutdown unexpectedly

Windows 10 includes a feature called a journaling file system which is intended to protect Windows from improper shutdowns such as power outages.

The important thing is to ensure it doesn't happen often. If you regularly get power outages, then there is the potential for damage.

You can try minimize the impact of improper shutdowns by ensuring you have regular back ups and system restore points.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 23, 2018
  4. FunEngine Win User

PC: Is the damage to my PC permanent in case of improper shutdown? What precautions can I take?

Win 10 improper shutdown

For previous versions of Win OS, if there is improper shutdown, a scandisk screen will come up after restart. However, in win 10 after improper shutdown, it just go right to Windows w/o prompting for a scandisk. Is this normal and why ?

FunEngine, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

PC: Is the damage to my PC permanent in case of improper shutdown? What precautions can I take?

1. PC: Is the damage to my PC permanent in case of improper shutdown? What precautions can I take? - Similar Threads - damage permanent case

2. my pc takes to long to shutdown and will struggle to start certain games what can I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc takes to long to shutdown and will struggle to start certain games what can I do?: So I've had this desktop pc for 1 year exactly, the pc is really fast and so far no game or software has given me any issues, games that requiere a lot of resources i.e starfield gave me no issues while on ultra settings besides lossing a couple of frames from time to time,...
  3. my pc takes to long to shutdown and will struggle to start certain games what can I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc takes to long to shutdown and will struggle to start certain games what can I do?: So I've had this desktop pc for 1 year exactly, the pc is really fast and so far no game or software has given me any issues, games that requiere a lot of resources i.e starfield gave me no issues while on ultra settings besides lossing a couple of frames from time to time,...
  4. I want to protect my pc from damage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to protect my pc from damage.: Hello,I've recently built a new pc, but for the past 6 months I've experienced some problems. Number one is that my PC crashes once or twice every three months. I've taken a look at my event viewer but cant really figure out how to fix the problems or even understand what is...
  5. Can closing laptop lid cause improper shutdown?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can closing laptop lid cause improper shutdown?: I'm seeing improper shutdowns in event viewer daily on my parents' new laptop, yet Dad reports no crashes. He likes to have it "shutdown" on lid close. I do see in the event viewer Xbox/Halo crashing, and Dad does say it takes a long time to quit the game. But it does seem...
  6. Gaming damage a PC

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Gaming damage a PC: Hi I bought a laptop lenove by the name Windows 10, i3, 2.20 GHz for my study but I was also using it for gaming, i installed PES GAME but I was running good, to my surprised one day I leave the PC on with game for 1 hr when I was coming back I notice the LCD color has...
  7. Improper ShutDown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Improper ShutDown: So, my desktop computer with Windows 10 installed has a problem shutting down properly. The usual process takes place and the monitor goes blank but the fans and lights on the CPU are still on. I have, to no effect, waited for more than 30 minutes hoping they'd go off...
  8. Playing Games and Damaging My PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing Games and Damaging My PC: I just got myself Star Wars: The Old Republic for my Thinkpad E580, but now I'm worried I will damage my PC if I play that MMO. Can someone help me with the problem? This is a link to my PC specs:...
  9. Will Playing Games Damage My PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Playing Games Damage My PC: I just started playing the MMO Eve Online with my new ThinkPad E580. But I'm also worried about damaging my PC's internal components because of playing that game, as I have broken a PC by playing SWTOR (another MMO). Can someone help me with this problem? This is a link to my...
  10. Improper shutdown, want to reinstall but am not sure if I can?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Improper shutdown, want to reinstall but am not sure if I can?: While web browsing, my PC randomly started acting up. The fan was on full blast and Task Manager showed the 'Windows Modules Installer Worker' was using 30% CPU and using high amounts of memory. It wouldn't stop after 15 minutes, so i decided to restart my computer. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to damage pc permanentely