Windows 10: PC just got a BSOD and not sure why. Please help.

Discus and support PC just got a BSOD and not sure why. Please help. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; BSOD happened while messing with video settings in Doom Eternal. Was told elsewhere it was because of a service called Face It but found nothing in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RylieTrokie, Jan 1, 2021.

1. PC just got a BSOD and not sure why. Please help.

BSOD happened while messing with video settings in Doom Eternal. Was told elsewhere it was because of a service called Face It but found nothing in my PC fitting the name. I have the DMP file linked below. Any help would be much appreciated.

https://filebin.net/jtdy9dh5n4npzx5d

:)

RylieTrokie, Jan 1, 2021

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jan 1, 2021
  4. PC just got a BSOD and not sure why. Please help.

BSOD help with new PC

Hi,

My new PC (Win 10) has a BSOD every few minutes with a DPC Watchdog violation.

I've followed a number of the typical debug steps:

• Updated drivers inc. chipset and graphics
    • In device manager checked IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, the driver is storahci.sys and I've tried to updated using the Standard SATA AHCI Controller on my PC
    • No external devices are attached
    • removed AV
    • Disabled Sound drivers in device manager

Still the problems are occurring frequently. I have a minidmp file here: 012718-5515-01.dmp

and there is also a 700MB memory.dmp that I can share if it is helpful?

Grateful for any advice that anyone can share. Thanks in advance.

KrisCoverdale, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

PC just got a BSOD and not sure why. Please help.

1. PC just got a BSOD and not sure why. Please help. - Similar Threads - got BSOD sure

2. Constant BSOD - Not Sure Why HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD - Not Sure Why HELP: I have been having constant blue screen of deaths this morning and am greatly needing help so I can get back to work. Multiple crash logs seem to state different things? USB, QmlRenderer, msedgewebview2? Not sure if these are the problem though...The only constant seems to be...
  3. Constant BSOD - Not Sure Why HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD - Not Sure Why HELP: I have been having constant blue screen of deaths this morning and am greatly needing help so I can get back to work. Multiple crash logs seem to state different things? USB, QmlRenderer, msedgewebview2? Not sure if these are the problem though...The only constant seems to be...
  4. please help i got BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please help i got BSOD: Crash ListCreated by using BlueScreenViewDump FileCrash TimeBug Check StringBug Check CodeParameter 1Parameter 2Parameter 3Parameter 4Caused By DriverCaused By AddressFile DescriptionProduct NameCompanyFile VersionProcessorCrash AddressStack Address 1Stack Address 2Stack...
  5. please help i got BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    please help i got BSOD: Crash ListCreated by using BlueScreenViewDump FileCrash TimeBug Check StringBug Check CodeParameter 1Parameter 2Parameter 3Parameter 4Caused By DriverCaused By AddressFile DescriptionProduct NameCompanyFile VersionProcessorCrash AddressStack Address 1Stack Address 2Stack...
  6. PC just got a BSOD for the first time. Any help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC just got a BSOD for the first time. Any help?: Same question as the Subject line. Was playing Doom Eternal when I went to mess with some video settings and I got kicked to a BSOD message. Any help is appreciated. My DMP file is linked below. https://filebin.net/jtdy9dh5n4npzx5d...
  7. Just got BSOD pls help

Just got BSOD pls help: I ran a CHKDSK yesterday on both of my drives said found no error. here is the dmp file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjrBAQJVJgQT9xd5dqVrJhzZA_wh?e=8VVs56 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-got-bsod-pls-help/ae079568-5746-40df-955f-13f73b7656f4
  8. Got BSODs , please help me

Got BSODs , please help me: Hello all, I got these following BSODs for a few times : INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT . Here are the links of the minidumps : 061620-10250-01 061820-13375-01 After I got the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD , I ran DISM and scf/scannow and got this :...
  9. Just got a BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just got a BSOD: So I've just gotten another BSOD, anyone know what caused this? I had a BSOD previously as well and posted my minidump, I was told that my previous BSOD was caused by malwarebytes, but idk about this one. Here's my minidump:...
  10. Just got a Bluescreen. Please help

Just got a Bluescreen. Please help: So I'm pretty sure this is unrelated but I installed a new Noctua heatsink this morning. I was playing Monster Hunter World when suddenly I got a bluescreen. Interestingly though the bluescreen lasted about 30seconds and after that the computer was already re logged in. Heres...