Windows 10: PC just got a BSOD for the first time. Any help?

Discus and support PC just got a BSOD for the first time. Any help? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Same question as the Subject line. Was playing Doom Eternal when I went to mess with some video settings and I got kicked to a BSOD message. Any help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RylieTrokie, Jan 1, 2021.

1. PC just got a BSOD for the first time. Any help?

Same question as the Subject line. Was playing Doom Eternal when I went to mess with some video settings and I got kicked to a BSOD message. Any help is appreciated. My DMP file is linked below.

https://filebin.net/jtdy9dh5n4npzx5d

:)

RylieTrokie, Jan 1, 2021

2. Various BSOD Errors Help

Hey all,

I've received multiple BSOD errors the past 2 days after rebuilding my PC. I've been trying to figure out the issue.

These are the few BSOD messages I remember seeing:

• DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (multiple times)
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (one time)
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (one time)
    • WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (multiple times)
    Here's a link to the dmp files and system information: WindowsIssue

Steps I've taken:

• fully updated drivers
    • applied all Windows updates
    • Removed unnecessary hardware
    • Monitored CPU/GPU temps (log file on temps during last crash in share)
    Any help would be appreciated.

brando8924, Jan 1, 2021
  3. axe0 Win User
    BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums PC just got a BSOD for the first time. Any help? :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

PC just got a BSOD for the first time. Any help? [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

axe0, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC just got a BSOD for the first time. Any help?

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

PC just got a BSOD for the first time. Any help?

1. PC just got a BSOD for the first time. Any help? - Similar Threads - got BSOD help

2. I Got BSOD for first time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Got BSOD for first time: Hello, i have been using my laptop for a year. Never gotten a BSOD. This is my first time and i am worried. I am playing overwatch and then i closed it to open chrome and i just got BSOD i only have one dump file: https://files.catbox.moe/ju6fm1.dmp...
  3. I Got BSOD for first time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Got BSOD for first time: Hello, i have been using my laptop for a year. Never gotten a BSOD. This is my first time and i am worried. I am playing overwatch and then i closed it to open chrome and i just got BSOD i only have one dump file: https://files.catbox.moe/ju6fm1.dmp...
  4. BSOD for the first time on this PC Bugcheck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD for the first time on this PC Bugcheck: Hey all,I had my first BSOD on this pc and it seems by the error code it was a hardware related issue.I was wondering if anyone can help me pinpoint the exact issue by the bugcheck error message.It reads: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...
  5. Just got a Blue Screen of Death(BSOD) for the first time and I am scared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just got a Blue Screen of Death(BSOD) for the first time and I am scared: Help I was in my zoom class when the BSOD appeared, I didn't get time to see the code as the PC restarted immediately. It has been like an hour after that and the PC is running as good as ever, so should i still be worried? P.S.: Event manager showed some recent error with...
  6. Just got a Blue Screen of Death(BSOD) for the first time and I am scared

Just got a Blue Screen of Death(BSOD) for the first time and I am scared: I was in my zoom class when the BSOD appeared, I didn't get time to see the code as the PC restarted immediately. It has been like an hour after that and the PC is running as good as ever, so should i still be worried? submitted by /u/PlatypusBuhBanana [link] [comments]...
  7. My machine just got it's first ever BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My machine just got it's first ever BSOD.: I was watching a youtube video when crashed. The BSOD code was KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. The PC is new, I've been using it for maybe 5 months, I found it really weird that it got a BSOD, as it never happened. My configs are as in my profile, Windows x64 20H2 (version...
  8. Just got my first PC, I need help connecting to the internet.

Just got my first PC, I need help connecting to the internet.: Yes this is a real question. I just started up the computer and set some things up, However everytime I try connecting to the internet it tells me “Can’t connect to this network.” submitted by /u/LiLVettel [link] [comments]...
  9. Just got BSOD pls help

Just got BSOD pls help: I ran a CHKDSK yesterday on both of my drives said found no error. here is the dmp file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjrBAQJVJgQT9xd5dqVrJhzZA_wh?e=8VVs56 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-got-bsod-pls-help/ae079568-5746-40df-955f-13f73b7656f4
  10. Just got my first BSOD on windows 10

Just got my first BSOD on windows 10: So i just got my first BSOD i was streaming with Manycam at the time like i always do and out of know were BSOD, and restart, I wanted to note that my system just did a Nvidia driver update as well so not sure what caused this , nothing new added to the pc and no new programs...