Windows 10: PC just starts , shuts down, starts repeat

Discus and support PC just starts , shuts down, starts repeat in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cant get anywhere, and all «fixes» assume i can access my pc. How do i boot from usb when i cant access the information needed? I search for how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DNerdal, Nov 19, 2020.

1. DNerdal Win User

PC just starts , shuts down, starts repeat

I cant get anywhere, and all «fixes» assume i can access my pc. How do i boot from usb when i cant access the information needed? I search for how to get my windows key and im told to press win+r etc. Win +R ? I cant get pastthe asus logo for christ sake......

:)

DNerdal, Nov 19, 2020

2. PC won't start

Went to start pc and get the beep. One beep, pause and then repeats. Reseated the RAM and it was working last night.
    Ideas, helpful suggestions or cures would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks in advance for your help.

autigerfan, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Starting over with Oblivion

So reinstalled without any mods it is working okay now? (Oblivion doesn't much like to be re-installed lol)

The indispensible mods, in my view, are all unofficial and official patches.
    Those alone shouldn't be causing any problem to your game, on the other hand they make the game more stable and remove various glitches (from a particular quest-giver being found dead under a bridge hence halting your quest, to more insignificant stuff like some rock which is not properly anchored to the terrain).

As regards the other mods, ask yourself what you are looking for in the game (and whether your pc can support it).
    - Are you looking for more action in that the roads seem empty and void of danger as they are?
    - Are you looking for even better graphics than the max?

There are various mods for the above. Tell me your interest and I'll suggest. I have some stuff myself *Smile PC just starts , shuts down, starts repeat :)

Then there are the additional quest mods - I wouldn't suggest you install these as well, lol I mean finish the vanilla game first then install more quests. *Smile PC just starts , shuts down, starts repeat :)

The order of the expansions and the official and unofficial patches isn't that important, but there are thousands of other mods for Oblivion and many are incompatible with each other.

If you really really want to install as many mods as possible I suggest that you follow this procedure. It looks lengthy but it will save you the time and frustration which occurs if you find out that your game didn't work after hours of installing mods:

1) Install all official and unofficial patches;
    2) Check if game runs okay;
    3) Install ONE mod;
    4) Repeat step 2.
    5) If all is Okay, take a backup of your C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data folder.
    6) Repeat step 3, repeat step 2, repeat step 5.

This way if in step 2 you find that your game crashes, just go into C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion, delete the Data folder and restore it from your backup.

Edit: Wait a sec you got most of your mods which I have as well. I can tell you which ones are 'safe' if you gimme some minutes...

Black Panther, Nov 19, 2020
  4. PC just starts , shuts down, starts repeat

PC will not complete start up or shut down

Hi Rachelle,

We'll be needing more information about the issue you are experiencing to further assist you.

• What is the exact error message? Please send us a screenshot.
    • Were there changes made on the PC prior to the issue?
    • Does the issue occur only when starting up and shutting down the PC?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Aileen Alf, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

PC just starts , shuts down, starts repeat

1. PC just starts , shuts down, starts repeat - Similar Threads - starts shuts down

2. Pc shuts down then starts lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts down then starts lagging: So recently i updated my cpu and motherboard . I had updated the drivers for cpu gpu and motherboard. I was playing one day and suddenly out of nowhere the power supply goes off and then my pc wouldn't open. I got the cable of the psu out and plugged it in again and the my pc...
  3. Pc shuts down then starts lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc shuts down then starts lagging: So recently i updated my cpu and motherboard . I had updated the drivers for cpu gpu and motherboard. I was playing one day and suddenly out of nowhere the power supply goes off and then my pc wouldn't open. I got the cable of the psu out and plugged it in again and the my pc...
  4. PC shuts down when starting a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down when starting a game: Just built and set up my new PC with Win 11 installed all necessary programs and drivers. When starting a game e.g. Hell let loose it loads for a moment, then the PC fans run on max for a second and the PC shuts down.No error message, it just cuts off.. I opened HWMonitor on...
  5. PC shuts down when starting a game

PC shuts down when starting a game: Just built and set up my new PC with Win 11 installed all necessary programs and drivers. When starting a game e.g. Hell let loose it loads for a moment, then the PC fans run on max for a second and the PC shuts down.No error message, it just cuts off.. I opened HWMonitor on...
  6. My computer has just started to randomly shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has just started to randomly shut down.: It happens 2 or 3 times a day, just randomly, playing games or just browsing.Having googled this, people say it could be a power supply issue. I have done the SFC scan now, no errors.Critical 20/11/2022 17:40:50 Kernel-Power 41 63 I have attached 2 screenshots of the errors....
  7. My computer has just started to randomly shut down.

My computer has just started to randomly shut down.: It happens 2 or 3 times a day, just randomly, playing games or just browsing.Having googled this, people say it could be a power supply issue. I have done the SFC scan now, no errors.Critical 20/11/2022 17:40:50 Kernel-Power 41 63 I have attached 2 screenshots of the errors....
  8. PC starts after shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC starts after shutting down: Windows Version 2004 (Build 19041.867) Hey everyone, I have a problem with my PC where it will restart itself without my action and it even started a Discord-Call on it's own while I was in the bathroom after trying to shut it down. I haven't found anything useful on the...
  9. Computer start and shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer start and shut down: I updated my laptop with the latest update from Microsoft but ever since then, my laptop takes way too long to start 3-4 minutes and even longer to shut down5-6 minutes i've tried to use the update again to see if there are any issues, but it says my computer is up to date....
  10. win 10 starts then pc shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 starts then pc shuts down: I boot up the pc win 10 starts loading then pc shuts down restarts power light on no indicator light,the screen shows no signal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-starts-then-pc-shuts-down/f62a0561-6b6b-41d0-8823-3865a3a2950e