Windows 10: pc keeps asking for reboot oror select boot device when pc os logged on and running

Discus and support pc keeps asking for reboot oror select boot device when pc os logged on and running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; as description states i can log in to windows 10 on my pc and start working away then all of a sudden i get a black screen asking me to rebbot and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by raymondfenwick1, Oct 24, 2020.

1. pc keeps asking for reboot oror select boot device when pc os logged on and running

as description states i can log in to windows 10 on my pc and start working away then all of a sudden i get a black screen asking me to rebbot and select or insert boot device uet is showing no system errors or logs

please help as my wife is trying to write a book and cabt get anywhere due to this

:)

raymondfenwick1, Oct 24, 2020

2. reboot and select property boot device

You need to set your main Harddrive which has your Operating System on as the first harddrive to boot, if have more than one harddrive.

open Bios
    boot priority
    Select the OS harddrive as first boot drive , If not sure switch between them
    Set correct time and date if wrong
    Save and reboot

If not sure on steps , give the Make and model number of motherboard and can assist you.

Hopefully no damage to the HDD

SnakeDoctor, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device...after reboot?

Hello all. Getting a little frustrated here. A couple of weeks ago we had a user come in on a Monday morning to find that her pc was displaying the classic message "Reboot and select proper boot device...". Tried popping in a windows disk and fixing the MBR, no luck. Ended up reinstalling windows and her few programs back on it. All was good after this. For about a day. She came in the next day to find the same message. So at that point we decided that more than likely the drive was bad even though oddly enough it tested out fine. It was a Corsair 60gb SSD.

Last week we swapped that Corsair with a 64gb Crucial SSD and installed Windows. We then created a backup image of that drive. All was good until Thursday when her power strip that the PC was plugged into got tripped. Start up the computer for find "Reboot and select proper boot device..." message. So, apply the backed up image to the SSD since repairing the MBR didn't work.

Now this morning she comes in and the PC is running fine. Attempts to open Microsoft Word and she gets a pop-up stating there isn't enough disk space. So, she then restarts and upon booting back up gets "Reboot and select proper boot device..."

Any ideas what is causing this? Is it something with the mobo or do I just have horrible luck and replaced the bad SSD with another bad SSD?

satindemon4u, Oct 24, 2020
  4. pc keeps asking for reboot oror select boot device when pc os logged on and running

Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device...after reboot?

cmos battery, or bios chip is screwed up

eidairaman1, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

pc keeps asking for reboot oror select boot device when pc os logged on and running

1. pc keeps asking for reboot oror select boot device when pc os logged on and running - Similar Threads - keeps asking reboot

2. PC crashed and now it doesn't boot, says "reboot and select proper boot device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashed and now it doesn't boot, says "reboot and select proper boot device": Hello, I think the title says it enough. I was playing a game on my desktop and suddenly the screen freezed, nothing was responding and I shut it down pressing the power button. Next it leads to this message and refuses to boot Windows: "Reboot and select proper boot device...
  3. PC crashed and now it doesn't boot, says "reboot and select proper boot device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashed and now it doesn't boot, says "reboot and select proper boot device": Hello, I think the title says it enough. I was playing a game on my desktop and suddenly the screen freezed, nothing was responding and I shut it down pressing the power button. Next it leads to this message and refuses to boot Windows: "Reboot and select proper boot device...
  4. PC crashed and now it doesn't boot, says "reboot and select proper boot device"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Origin PC Genesis with "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in...

Origin PC Genesis with "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in...: I only got this tonight and just as I clicked "restart and update" just to begin installing new updates. But upon showing the ORIGIN logo screen, it now immediately shows "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" on...
  6. “reboot and select proper boot device“

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “reboot and select proper boot device“: I got a new gaming computer recently which has worked great until somehow overnight nothing works now. I get the message above when I try booting up my PC and have looked up ways to fix this issue. When I enter the bios menu my boot up device is there but when I click it the...
  7. Asking that my pc is running a genuine os or pirated os

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Asking that my pc is running a genuine os or pirated os: hello sir, I am sarvesh karthick I just want to know that iam running a genuine os or it is pirated . but truely I want to say that windows 10 operating system is very cool to use it has many features to use ....
  8. Reboot and select proper boot media in selected boot device

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reboot and select proper boot media in selected boot device: Title says it all. I just installed a new ssd drive and loaded W10 on it. All was working fine; W10 rebooted several times did updates rebooted and all was OK. I got to work connecting other drives and put case back together and then the no boot. I disconnected the other...
  9. PC is freezing constantly and says “Reboot and Select Boot device”

PC is freezing constantly and says “Reboot and Select Boot device”: This started happening occasionally a couple weeks ago, but it has started to become constant. Sometimes it would freeze when i try to update/uninstall something and sometimes its just random even if I don’t do anything. So I have to cut its power to avoid the message just so...
  10. Reboot and Select Proper Boot device message when PC is turned on

Reboot and Select Proper Boot device message when PC is turned on: For the past three years, my PC has been working fine but now suddenly when I turn it on, I get this message: Reboot and select proper Boot device Or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key I cannot even Repair, Refresh or re-install the operating...