Windows 10: PC keeps asking for wifi password

Discus and support PC keeps asking for wifi password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In the last few days my PC constantly asks me to re-enter my wifi password attached to my extender. This only happens on the PC and not other devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VivienneMartin, May 23, 2020.

1. PC keeps asking for wifi password

In the last few days my PC constantly asks me to re-enter my wifi password attached to my extender. This only happens on the PC and not other devices and hasn't been a problem before. What has changed? It won't connect automatically unless I re-enter the password.

:)

VivienneMartin, May 23, 2020

2. Brother Printer setup with WIFI

Hello!

The network key that your printer keeps asking for is probably the WiFi password of your home network. You mentioned that you did reset your printer, hence it is natural that it will ask for the WiFi password for connecting to it. Hence enter that as the
    'network key'.

Now if you don't remember your WiFi password, you can do the following:

Step 1 is if your computer doesn't connect to the WiFi and asks for the password.

Step 2 is if your computer is connected to the WiFi but you forgot the password.

1. Reset your WiFi router. The default password will be probably printed at the back of your router or in the packaging box in which the router came in or in the router user manual. If it's not in those places, you can call up your internet service provider
      and ask for their help in retrieving the password.
    2. Connect computer to your WiFi->Right click the WiFi icon at the bottom right on PC->Open Network and Sharing Centre->Double click on your connected WiFi->In WiFi status window, click Wireless Properties->Click on Security tab->Click Show Characters under
      the Network security key.

RogerOriginals, May 23, 2020
  3. RANT about Finding Wifi Password (and Windows in general)

Full Disclosure -- I'm not seeking an answer. I'm letting off RANT steam. Please do not tell me to contact MS with this because this would have been fixed a long time ago if Microsoft 'thought' this way.

My retired Dad has a PC. Isn't Windows savvy at all. My wife visited him and asked what his Wifi-Password is. He had no clue. Better yet -- he wasn't even sure he had Wifi. Yes.

So you can go to Google or YouTube and find a couple hundred 'easy' ways to find out what his Wifi Password is. On his PC, of course. I was about to email him the simplest solutions and I decided not to. Because the best two WERE NOT simple for someone like my Dad.

It occurs to me that I should be able to say --

1. Dad. Bottom left of keyboard. See that funny key that looks like a flag or window? Hit it.
    2. Now type, "What is my Wifi password?"
    3. If it asks for your account password, provide it.
    4. Write down your password somewhere. Or click the button that says, "Save Password to desktop sticky note."

Now of course there are good odds he doesn't know his account password, but if he did -- wasn't that easy? All other ways require that you have to click through about six things. Windows with all it's needless clicking.

Why oh why hasn't Microsoft created a team that ONLY reduces steps? That's all the team would do. Each time a member found an unnecessary step they get $5000. The system would simply FLY if all these stooooooopid extra steps were erased.

Rant over.

The Pool Man, May 23, 2020
  4. PC keeps asking for wifi password

Can you retrieve the wifi password on the PC.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know when you say ‘’retrieve the wifi password on the PC’’ are you trying to find the Wi-Fi password on the Computer? Please elaborate.

For now, you can try the below steps to see the Wi-Fi password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R, type ncpa.cpl and press
      Enter.

• Right click on the Wi-Fi and select Status
      from the drop down.

• Now click on Wireless Properties and click in the Security tab.

• Now check on the box Show characters to see the password and click on
      OK.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thanks.

Billion Debbarma, May 23, 2020
Thema:

PC keeps asking for wifi password

1. PC keeps asking for wifi password - Similar Threads - keeps asking wifi

2. Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.: Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for the Password for my Hotmail Account. As it was the old version of it I had I uninstalled it. I then installed the latest version Thunderbird 11.5.0.1 Supernova 64 BIt. It stopped doing for a bit but now it has started to ask for the...
  3. Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.: Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for the Password for my Hotmail Account. As it was the old version of it I had I uninstalled it. I then installed the latest version Thunderbird 11.5.0.1 Supernova 64 BIt. It stopped doing for a bit but now it has started to ask for the...
  4. Wifi keeps asking for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi keeps asking for password: Wifi keeps asking for password everytime i shut down my computer. Someone in my company took my computer after it didnt connect to company network and did something to connect i dont know what it is. Even though i searched for solutions it didnt work for me....
  5. Wifi keeps asking for password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi keeps asking for password: Wifi keeps asking for password everytime i shut down my computer. Someone in my company took my computer after it didnt connect to company network and did something to connect i dont know what it is. Even though i searched for solutions it didnt work for me....
  6. Microsoft keep asking for my password

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft keep asking for my password: Microsoft keep asking for my password. Even after I put my password this keeps popping up. How do I resolve it. I already turned off logging in requirement on my settings....
  7. Microsoft keep asking for my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft keep asking for my password: Microsoft keep asking for my password. Even after I put my password this keeps popping up. How do I resolve it. I already turned off logging in requirement on my settings....
  8. pc not asking for password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    pc not asking for password: hello two days ago i updated my laptop windows 7 to windows 10. when today uninstalled a security application 'guardian netsecure' and then asked for a restart i restarted my pc, but then my pc not asking for password, even ther is not a curser apearing and not any key...
  9. Keeps asking for password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keeps asking for password: I had an issue with my password a few months ago and had to change it. Ever since, everything I was automatically signed into with my old password, keeps asking me for my password. All Microsoft related products. It's driving me nuts. I have clicked the "Keep me signed in"...
  10. Outlook Keeps Asking for Password

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Keeps Asking for Password: I use Microsoft Outlook (Office 365 2016) for email and for the past several months, it's been asking for the password for various of my email accounts. After awhile it will accept the password, and everything will be fine until something breaks again and the process...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does wifi ask for password anytime I want to connect on windows

2. wifi is asking the password repeatedly windows