Windows 10: PC keeps black screening randomly

Discus and support PC keeps black screening randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having this issue lately where whether I'm gaming or watching something on youtube where my PC will black screen on both monitors with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nomakius, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Nomakius Win User

PC keeps black screening randomly

I have been having this issue lately where whether I'm gaming or watching something on youtube where my PC will black screen on both monitors with the fan on the GPU going at high speeds. I have no choice but to power off my PC and turn it back on because the screen will not return.

These are my specs this PC was built in January 2019

GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1660

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x Eight-Core Processor 3.40 GHz

RAM: 8GB

MOBO: Gibabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 ATX AM4 Motherboard

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi Modular ATX Power Supply

I checked event viewer and these are the errors I get:

Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.18362.387, time stamp: 0x8e064b77

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xe0464645

Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000

Faulting process id: 0x2374

Faulting application start time: 0x01d715782936344c

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\dwm.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: f265b631-e7c2-4c32-a999-206b672e60fb

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

The Desktop Window Manager process has exited. Process exit code: 0x000000ff, Restart count: 1, Primary display device ID: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Solutions I've tried already:

Sfc scan-no corruptions

Checked Temps on CPU and GPU while gaming: Highest for GPU WAS 72 C and CPU was 64 C

Removed Drivers with DDU and reinstalled old ones

Changed theme

Turned off Aero peck

Ended explorer.exe

Set Physics X to CPU

Turned off Hard Accel in Google Chrome

Set NVidia Power Management to Performance

Reset Drivers with Windows CTRL B

Checked DISM no issues

:)

Nomakius, Mar 10, 2021

2. Windows 10 keeps crashing and randomly restarting into a black and white screen.

Hello Ian,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, refer to the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Have you tried updating your network card driver? If yes, try to use the previous version of your network card driver.
    • Are you using any 3rd-party antivirus software?

Meanwhile, let's troubleshoot the issue by performing the steps below:

We suggest following the steps on this article
    to help you troubleshoot black screen issues in Windows 10.

Also, check if the issue occurs in a clean boot state. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you
    run a program in Windows 10. Check the steps on this article.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Nova Win User
    New laptop hardlock with black screen

I have a new notebook, running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, which is randomly freezing, showing a black screen. System specs:

• intel core i5
    • HD is an SDD, 250GB
    • GPU: Intel HD graphics 620
    Symptoms:

• happens randomly, related to no particular reason, time of the day, and programs running
    • when freezes, the notebook screen is "active" (back light is on) but completely black; external monitor, connected via HDMI, is black as well
    • when freezes, no key input is responding. I tried to press "CAPS Lock", which has a led on it, and the led is not toggling
    • I noticed I can keep the PC on for several days, without any problem. It always freezes whenever I'm actively using it
    What I already tried:

• reinstall Windows from scratch (even starting from an external USB drive)
    • run windows in "clean boot" mode (all non-MS services disabled, all startup programs disabled)
    • update the BIOS, and all "relevant" drivers (GPU, System Firmware, network interface, bluetooth, ...) of the PC to the latest version
    • testing the memory with MemTest86+: no issues, after several steps
    • stressing the GPU with FurMark: reached quite an high temperature (70°), but no issues
    • stressing the CPU with IntelBurnTest: reached quite an high temperature (70°), but no issues
    Now, I would guess it's an hardware problem, but the strange thing is that we ordered 6 identical PCs, and this is happening on 4 of them. Therefore, for "statistical" reasons, we don't think it could be possible that all of them shows an HW issue... It only happens with a different rate from one PC to another (for instance, happens daily on my PC, and once a week on another)
    Any idea on how to investigate this issue further?
    Any test / improvement I can do?

4. PC keeps black screening randomly

Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

PC keeps black screening randomly

1. PC keeps black screening randomly - Similar Threads - keeps black screening

2. Pc keeps black screening while playing games randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps black screening while playing games randomly.: This pc worked perfectly for a while but ever since i moved i've been getting black screens while gaming.Started with deep rock galactic.What happens when i blackscreen:Audio and pc still work fine, i alt f4 to shut down the pc / restart.Monitor says there is no source, all...
  3. Pc keeps black screening while playing games randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc keeps black screening while playing games randomly.: This pc worked perfectly for a while but ever since i moved i've been getting black screens while gaming.Started with deep rock galactic.What happens when i blackscreen:Audio and pc still work fine, i alt f4 to shut down the pc / restart.Monitor says there is no source, all...
  4. Pc keeps black screening while playing games randomly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC black screens and then restarts randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC black screens and then restarts randomly: Ever since I got back from a trip, it seems that every 5-10 minutes my pc will black screen and then restart after 10 seconds. I had recently removed my CPU cooler for an AIO, but when the new AIO didn’t fit I put the old cooler back in. I’m not sure if that causes any issue...
  6. PC black screens and then restarts randomly

PC black screens and then restarts randomly: Ever since I got back from a trip, it seems that every 5-10 minutes my pc will black screen and then restart after 10 seconds. I had recently removed my CPU cooler for an AIO, but when the new AIO didn’t fit I put the old cooler back in. I’m not sure if that causes any issue...
  7. Pc black screens randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc black screens randomly: My pc has this one error that it just goes into a black screen randomly mostly while gaming but I'm still not entirely sure about that sometimes it just decides that it wants to not show any video on startup even. I am truly out of ideas on what to test, I have reseated the...
  8. Pc black screens randomly

Pc black screens randomly: My pc has this one error that it just goes into a black screen randomly mostly while gaming but I'm still not entirely sure about that sometimes it just decides that it wants to not show any video on startup even. I am truly out of ideas on what to test, I have reseated the...
  9. Pc black screens randomly

10. PC crashes randomly with black screen

PC crashes randomly with black screen: While it is hapaning i cant do anyting i cat even force close i reinstaled the graphic driver but it doesent work i need help asap please! ***Original Title: Random crash whit black screen***...