Windows 10: PC keeps blue screening, especially after a restart

Discus and support PC keeps blue screening, especially after a restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC is blue screening often, I have no idea what the cause is. Here is my WhoCrashed log: On Wed 2018-12-12 8:44:46 AM your computer crashed or a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RomaanNaeem, Dec 12, 2018.

1. PC keeps blue screening, especially after a restart

My PC is blue screening often, I have no idea what the cause is. Here is my WhoCrashed log:

On Wed 2018-12-12 8:44:46 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121218-10015-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3DBC9)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8024524EBC9, 0xFFFFE7067350F548, 0xFFFFE7067350ED90)
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 2018-12-12 8:44:46 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!memset+0x4AD5)
    Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8024524EBC9, 0xFFFFE7067350F548, 0xFFFFE7067350ED90)
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 2018-12-12 8:33:43 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121218-10046-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3DBC9)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF803B92DEBC9, 0xFFFFA30A81B5F548, 0xFFFFA30A81B5ED90)
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

Here are my minidump files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ib5i2-gmJ0ej8hpKbQiuvh8swtANwT4e/view?usp=sharing

Thanks to anyone willing to help me solve this issue!

:)

RomaanNaeem, Dec 12, 2018

2. my system keeps on crashing. (blue screen)

Hello Harrison,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article to troubleshoot blue screen issues
    on Windows 10.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Dec 12, 2018
  4. PC keeps blue screening, especially after a restart

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

PC keeps blue screening, especially after a restart

1. PC keeps blue screening, especially after a restart - Similar Threads - keeps blue screening

2. PC Keeps randomly restarting or Blue screening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Keeps randomly restarting or Blue screening.: I have had random PC restarts. Sometimes the screen will just go black, and sometimes I'll get a BSOD error.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000061941, 0x000000000767fba4, 0x000000000000000d, 0xffff850ef38d7460. A dump was...
  3. PC Keeps randomly restarting or Blue screening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Keeps randomly restarting or Blue screening.: I have had random PC restarts. Sometimes the screen will just go black, and sometimes I'll get a BSOD error.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000061941, 0x000000000767fba4, 0x000000000000000d, 0xffff850ef38d7460. A dump was...
  4. PC keeps restarting, especially during gaming, but not always.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps restarting, especially during gaming, but not always.: Not a Windows 11 update related as this issue has been online. I thought it was from overheating or high loads, but sometimes it happens right after it restarts or just randomly while browsing Chrome/Edge with only a few tabs. It has been happening for a few years, but went...
  5. PC keeps restarting, especially during gaming, but not always.

PC keeps restarting, especially during gaming, but not always.: Not a Windows 11 update related as this issue has been online. I thought it was from overheating or high loads, but sometimes it happens right after it restarts or just randomly while browsing Chrome/Edge with only a few tabs. It has been happening for a few years, but went...
  6. PC keeps blue screening with "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" and then restarts pc to show...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps blue screening with "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" and then restarts pc to show...: This has been happening for many months and i can't figure out which piece of hardware is causing the problem, i have swapped out the CPU and GPU and am still having the issue. I have updated bios, set bios settings to default, done a memory checker and temps are normal. Here...
  7. PC keeps blue screening with "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" and then restarts pc to show...

PC keeps blue screening with "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" and then restarts pc to show...: This has been happening for many months and i can't figure out which piece of hardware is causing the problem, i have swapped out the CPU and GPU and am still having the issue. I have updated bios, set bios settings to default, done a memory checker and temps are normal. Here...
  8. Blue screen of death IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PC keeps restarting to a blue screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen of death IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PC keeps restarting to a blue screen.: Hello guys, Reinstalling windows doesn't help me fix that problem, my pc bluescreens right before windows should come up with this error message. Tried analyzing the file with WinDbg Preview, this is what comes up when I analyze the file "MEMORY.DMP" in windows folder....
  9. PC Keeps Blue Screening and restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC Keeps Blue Screening and restarting: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuS1QHFoglP5pxRuLYE3pgkrJKFn?e=f8IdQQ here are the dmp files PC has been crashing at least once a day for a while now, cant figure out which piece of hardware is failing, i have done a clean install of windows and drivers....
  10. PC keeps restarting without blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps restarting without blue screen: Hi. My PC will sometimes randomly restart. I've checked the dump files and its saying its an error with the GPU. The exact bug check code is: 0x00000116. I do believe this has something to do with my GPU. I've recently purchased a Powercolor RX 5700 which is a relatively new...