Windows 10: PC keeps crashing after I sign in but works fine on safe mode

Discus and support PC keeps crashing after I sign in but works fine on safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't know how or why it happened but yesterday, I was doing some 3D modelling then all of a sudden, my PC just started shutting down. I rebooted it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by callumbarrow, May 26, 2020.

1. PC keeps crashing after I sign in but works fine on safe mode

I don't know how or why it happened but yesterday, I was doing some 3D modelling then all of a sudden, my PC just started shutting down. I rebooted it and signed in but then after about 15-60 seconds, it would shut down again. It works perfectly fine in safe mode but I just can't figure out what the problem is. PSU and CPU are both below 50 degrees celsius. I've tried changing RAM, starting a fresh boot, and tried reinstalling Windows but I couldn't do it in safe mode. I can't run any antivirus software or driver updater because to do that I have to boot in normal mode but then it will shut down. Please help.

Specs:
    i7-8700k
    RX-480 4GB
    32GB RAM

:)

callumbarrow, May 26, 2020
  2. freeze Win User

PC freeze within 30sec of boot, works fine in safe mode

Hi there,

Having an issue with my Laptop, running win 10 pro.

Freezing in less than 30 secs of boot normal boot.Safe mode works fine where I have tried to run sfc now issue found.

So here is a quick list of what I have so far tried
    • Boot to safe mode sfc /scannow no issue found
    • Tried a clean boot(disable all no MS services) and reboot
    • Sign in under a new user account
    • Read logs but nothing seen freezing seem to not write any logs.
    • Memory test passed
    • chkdsk passed
    • run windows repair off disk
    • Sure there is more than I can not think of at the moment as my brain is ready to sleep
    • System Restore
    • Startup Repair

I am thinking it might be a driver based issue due to working fine when in safe mode but haven't updated any drivers.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

freeze, May 26, 2020
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    app crashes but not in safe mode

Hello Mahmoud,

When an app is working in safe mode and it crashes when your PC is in normal mode, it means that there's a software conflict or problem that's causing it to crash. To better assist you, kindly answer the following:

• Have you recently installed a new app? We suggest that you uninstall the new app, and check if it helps resolve your concern.
    • Do you have any other antivirus software installed on your PC? We suggest that you turn off any antivirus software installed on your PC, and see if you were able to run the app without any issues.
    • Does it happen to a specific app only (the app mentioned above)? We suggest that you contact the software developer, or post in their forum for better assistance.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Maria Fab, May 26, 2020
  4. PC keeps crashing after I sign in but works fine on safe mode

Keyboard does not work in safe mode.

So I just built a brand new gaming pc, and there was a black screen on the monitor because I didn't plug it into the graphics card and instead on the IO shield. I decided to turn the pc onto safe mode but then I realized I plugged the hdmi into the wrong place. I fixed the graphics card issue but my pc is still in safe mode. After I log into the computer and try to type in the bottom left box to turn safe mode off, the keyboard doesn't work. I then tried going to update and security but the tab just crashed. Could anyone explain how to fix this in easy steps because I am sort of a newbie to pc building.

StringentRabbit, May 26, 2020
Thema:

PC keeps crashing after I sign in but works fine on safe mode

1. PC keeps crashing after I sign in but works fine on safe mode - Similar Threads - keeps crashing sign

2. PC will work fine in safe mode, but shuts off and restarts in normal mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will work fine in safe mode, but shuts off and restarts in normal mode: This has gone on for almost a week. I was watching something on YouTube when my PC randomly shut off and restarted. Once I got onto the screen to sign in, I entered my PIN, and as it started signing me in, it does it all over again: shuts off, restarts. It kept doing this. I...
  3. PC will work fine in safe mode, but shuts off and restarts in normal mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will work fine in safe mode, but shuts off and restarts in normal mode: This has gone on for almost a week. I was watching something on YouTube when my PC randomly shut off and restarted. Once I got onto the screen to sign in, I entered my PIN, and as it started signing me in, it does it all over again: shuts off, restarts. It kept doing this. I...
  4. Windows explorer crashing after update, works fine in safe mode or if I roll back the update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows explorer crashing after update, works fine in safe mode or if I roll back the update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fidofetch1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le6e8n/windows_explorer_crashing_after_update_works_fine/
  5. Safe Mode: Keeps on crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode: Keeps on crashing: Hello! My problem is that when I try using Safe Mode with networking to clear out the drivers of my GPU, when I notice that the applications on my background were not appearing and this dialog "microsoft windows the application is not responding" keeps on reappearing. My...
  6. Windows keeps crashing shortly after startup but works in safe mode

Windows keeps crashing shortly after startup but works in safe mode: Hey all I first posted my problem on r/techsupport but they recommended me here instead, here was my post: Today when I started up my pc (windows10) after the login screen and as the start up programs/drivers were loading, my pc just froze completely. After a while it went...
  7. Windows 10 keeps crashing right after startup, runs fine in networked safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 keeps crashing right after startup, runs fine in networked safe mode: My computer is very very unstable recently, I think I have a driver or memory error causing the issue but i cannot seem to find what is happening. The BSOD is usually only up for a split second so i cannot record what it says but usually it is IRQL_NOT_GREATER_OR_EQUAL. I...
  8. PC freezes after login on normal mode but works fine in safe boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC freezes after login on normal mode but works fine in safe boot.: My PC freezes 1 minute after I login (cannot open or close anything, but cursor moves). However, it works fine when I boot into safe mode. I have tried disabling start-up services and other services and etc, but this only buys me like 4 mins after login, then it freezes yet...
  9. Safe mode sign in

Safe mode sign in: I used msconfig in Windows 10 to boot in safe mode, but now it doesn't recognize my password. I rebooted, but ended up in the same spot, so I think I'm stuck, unless I can reboot normally. I don't know if I can open msconfig to change the boot settings at this point. Thank...
  10. PC freeze within 30sec of boot, works fine in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freeze within 30sec of boot, works fine in safe mode: Hi there, Having an issue with my Laptop, running win 10 pro. Freezing in less than 30 secs of boot normal boot.Safe mode works fine where I have tried to run sfc now issue found. So here is a quick list of what I have so far tried Boot to safe mode sfc /scannow no...