Windows 10: Pc keeps crashing/freezing

Discus and support Pc keeps crashing/freezing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My pc has been crashing whenever I play a game and sometimes even when I am just doing a simple task like searching something or watching youtube. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrainBird, Oct 24, 2021.

1. BrainBird Win User

Pc keeps crashing/freezing

My pc has been crashing whenever I play a game and sometimes even when I am just doing a simple task like searching something or watching youtube. The screen either freezes and then restarts or the screen turns white and restarts. I have used whocrashed and it says: On Tue 10/19/2021 8:49:37 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedcrash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101921-41578-01.dmpThis was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys 0xFFFFF802457AE3CE Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF802457AE3CE, 0xFFFF9F8A3CF45E48, 0xFFFF9F8A3CF45680Error: SYS

:)

BrainBird, Oct 24, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 24, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 24, 2021
  4. beeze Win User

Constant PC crashing/freezing

Hello!

Brief description of problem: Over the past few months my PC has been randomly crashing/freezing. It doesn't seem to matter how large of a load it is trying to take on; whether i'm only writing a paper while listening to music, or i'm playing Counter Strike on one monitor and have multiple processes open on the other. The up time ranges anywhere between 1 minute to 12 hours.

PC Specs:
    CPU - AMD FX-6300
    RAM - 16gb HyperX ddr3-1886
    Video Card - Radeon R7 370
    MOBO - GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P
    HHD - 1 TB
    Power Supply - 500w

Continued Description of Problem: I recently ran a memtest on my ram and found out that one of the sticks were bad(It has been replaced with the ram currently listed above) this resolved about half of the issues I was facing. Before the ram was replaced I was getting a multitude of blue screens alongside the random freezing. The next and most recent step I've taken to restore my PC was replacing the hard drive. It doesn't seem to have fixed anything; one change I noticed after installing windows onto the new hard drive is that the time/timestamp on any browser, program or desktop doesn't display correctly. It has been replaced with some odd symbols- ex; Screenshot - 16eb15deb6d9e5e2fcaae2618a12b0ce - Gyazo , Screenshot - 63eff3026946796a175cdb11e13473b4 - Gyazo . With all this in mind I am assuming that we can exclude the RAM and HHD from potential problems.

Additional Details on the Crashing/Freezing: As stated before it doesn't matter how much strain is on the PC, but crashing does seem more prevalent when playing games. When It does freeze/crash and there is audio playing the video will freeze but the audio will just mimic the last frequency it received. Sometimes it freezes and will go back to normal(This is a pretty rare occurrence).

Thank you in advance for any advice/help; If you would like any additional information on specs/freeze details.

beeze, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Pc keeps crashing/freezing - Similar Threads - keeps crashing freezing

2. PC keeps crashing/freezing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps crashing/freezing.: First off I want to thank you for your time and assistance.For months I've been dealing with my comp crashing maybe once a day and it was annoying but I could deal with it. Here lately it has been crashing multiple times within a couple hours and still getting different BSOD...
  3. Pc keeps freezing/crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps freezing/crashing: Title says it all... My pc keeps freezing/crashing randomly multible times a day..... i suspect that its my GPU but im not sure it has done this since summer of 22. bough pc 02/22I link my mini dump to this post so if someone can analyse it and tell me what my problem is and...
  4. pc keeps freezing and crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc keeps freezing and crashing: Hey, for a while I have had problems with my computer and nothing seems to fix it, while using my computer for doing anything it just freezes and forces me to restart, crashes, or the screen just goes black , I changed my os from an HDD to SSD a while ago and that fixed it...
  5. pc keeps freezing and crashing

pc keeps freezing and crashing: Hey, for a while I have had problems with my computer and nothing seems to fix it, while using my computer for doing anything it just freezes and forces me to restart, crashes, or the screen just goes black , I changed my os from an HDD to SSD a while ago and that fixed it...
  6. PC keeps crashing/freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps crashing/freezing: My pc has been crashing whenever I play a game and sometimes even when I am just doing a simple task like searching something or watching youtube. The screen either freezes and then restarts or the screen turns white and restarts. I have used whocrashed and it says:On Tue...
  7. PC keeps crashing/freezing

PC keeps crashing/freezing: My pc has been crashing whenever I play a game and sometimes even when I am just doing a simple task like searching something or watching youtube. The screen either freezes and then restarts or the screen turns white and restarts. I have used whocrashed and it says:On Tue...
  8. Pc keeps crashing/freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc keeps crashing/freezing: My pc has been crashing whenever I play a game and sometimes even when I am just doing a simple task like searching something or watching youtube. The screen either freezes and then restarts or the screen turns white and restarts. I have used whocrashed and it says: On Tue...
  9. PC keeps on freezing and crashing

PC keeps on freezing and crashing: hi, ever since the update of the new windows 10 late july, this year, my computer keeps on crashing freezing, bluescreen while playing. it really irritates me that i am on the point of throwing this pc, such a trash, it is new. audio is distorted when ever i use my razor...
  10. PC Keeps Freezing, Crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Keeps Freezing, Crashing: I have had persistent problems recently with my computer freezing/crashing, and I just wanted to air this issue for possible solutions should anyone recognise the problem. This is an HP Pavilion, model 500-123a, running Windows 10 (recently upgraded from Windows 8). What's...