Windows 10: PC keeps crashing in games after some time

Discus and support PC keeps crashing in games after some time in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After upgrading to brand new hardware all components i performed a clean Windows11 install, updated to all new drivers and freshly installed all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Vincent Weijand, Jun 8, 2023.

1. PC keeps crashing in games after some time

After upgrading to brand new hardware all components i performed a clean Windows11 install, updated to all new drivers and freshly installed all games.Since this, every game I played will crash after some time. Sometimes it crashes to Windows, sometimes it crashes to BSOD/reboot. They seem totally random to mee, and with different causes every single time.I've then tried a clean Windows10 install because I hoped it would be more reliable but that didn't solve any issues.I have lost the Windows11 minidump-files in the process, but I have fresh Windows10 mini-dumps every day!Can someone help

:)

Vincent Weijand, Jun 8, 2023
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 8, 2023
  3. testing Win User
    Game crashing all the time / PC freezes sometimes

Since about a month I have the problem that a game (Grand Theft Auto V) is crashing all the time. Sometimes the complete PC freezes too so that it displays the old image e.g. a few minutes ago (completely unresponsive, only restarting the PC helps). The time is not predictable, when it crashes. At one time it crashes after five minutes, another time it crashes after half an hour. But one thing is sure - it will crash.

I have contacted the Rockstar Support and they say they can't help me anymore. Things I did asked by the Rockstar Support:

• reinstalled the game and Social Club multiple times
    • deleted game files in AppData/Local/Rockstar Games/GTA V and Documents\Rockstar Games\Social Club
    • deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAVLauncher.exe and restored via Steam option Verify integrity of game files
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow multiple times
    • uninstalled another app, which should be responsible for network timeouts/blocking
    • switching to story mode/second character
    • submitted the export of msinfo32 including crash reports to the support
    • changed firewall settings

Things I tried myself:

• played in Safe Mode
    • changed graphics settings
    • removed OC
    • updated to latest Nvidia driver (436.15)
    • updated Windows 10
    • checked the event log, but there is no entry
    • executed memtest86 without problems
    • made a stress test with FurMark without problems

I don't have expierenced similar problems in other games/apps.

System configuration:

• i5-6600K
    • 16 GB RAM
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

Temperature is always OK.

Launcher.log from GTA V writes something like:

How can I find the cause of this error?

testing, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Zaki_j Win User

PC keeps crashing in games after some time

Forza Horizon 3 Crash on Gameplay

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that Forza Horizon 3 keeps crashing.

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I suggest you refer and follow the steps mentioned in the article and check if that resolves the issue. Refer to the article
    My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

PC keeps crashing in games after some time

1. PC keeps crashing in games after some time - Similar Threads - keeps crashing games

2. Game keeps crashing after some time ingame with a C++ libary runtime error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game keeps crashing after some time ingame with a C++ libary runtime error: Hello,im having Issue with a old game which is always crashing after a short period of time. I always get a microsoft c++ runtime error.I already tried many things to fix it my self but nothing seems to work. I already tried a clean bootReinstaling/reparing all Microsoft C++...
  3. Game keeps crashing after some time ingame with a C++ libary runtime error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game keeps crashing after some time ingame with a C++ libary runtime error: Hello,im having Issue with a old game which is always crashing after a short period of time. I always get a microsoft c++ runtime error.I already tried many things to fix it my self but nothing seems to work. I already tried a clean bootReinstaling/reparing all Microsoft C++...
  4. PC keeps crashing in games after some time

PC keeps crashing in games after some time: After upgrading to brand new hardware all components i performed a clean Windows11 install, updated to all new drivers and freshly installed all games.Since this, every game I played will crash after some time. Sometimes it crashes to Windows, sometimes it crashes to...
  5. PC keeps crashing in games after some time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps crashing in games after some time: After upgrading to brand new hardware all components i performed a clean Windows11 install, updated to all new drivers and freshly installed all games.Since this, every game I played will crash after some time. Sometimes it crashes to Windows, sometimes it crashes to...
  6. Games keep crashing some sooner some later

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep crashing some sooner some later: I am not entirely sure if I am writing this in the correct form but I have an issue lately with repeated crashing of games without a pattern, normal applications don't exhibit this behaviour but every game that I have run crashes. This does not happen immediately it usually...
  7. Games keep crashing some sooner some later

Games keep crashing some sooner some later: I am not entirely sure if I am writing this in the correct form but I have an issue lately with repeated crashing of games without a pattern, normal applications don't exhibit this behaviour but every game that I have run crashes. This does not happen immediately it usually...
  8. Pc keeps crashing when playing some, not all, games

Pc keeps crashing when playing some, not all, games: Hello, I have been scouring the internet for a solution to my issue here is what i get in reliability when my pc crashes a game and or restarts: Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name:...
  9. NDIS_INTENAL_ERROR - PC always crashing after some time

NDIS_INTENAL_ERROR - PC always crashing after some time: Hi, so friend of mine recently encountered an issue with his PC. His PC started to crash after 20 minutes of boot every single time. So, after he realized that something is wrong, he went to the "PC repair shop". The guys from the shop did not find anything. They...
  10. Games keep crashing after some Minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep crashing after some Minutes.: Hello guys, my old HDD crashed (rip), so I took my external HDD as new internal, formated it and installed Windows 10 Education N x64 Edition. Everything works fine (streams, teamspeak, yada yada yada) but when I start a Game (tested it with Path of Exile, CS:GO and H1Z1)...