Windows 10: PC Keeps crashing when gaming

Discus and support PC Keeps crashing when gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I'm desperate so I'm hope someone here can help me, I have had this issue for the past 1 or 2 weeks, something like that, so I bought a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Althalos, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Althalos Win User

PC Keeps crashing when gaming

Hello!

I'm desperate so I'm hope someone here can help me, I have had this issue for the past 1 or 2 weeks, something like that, so I bought a new computer case and my windows was updated to the latest version when I first got it, after I moved my PC over to it, everything worked well and there weren't any issues or so it seemed, I installed my windows and got everything going, but the shock comes once I tried to play games, after playing for a short while my PC just either bluescreens or just freezes, at first it was constant bluescreens, I tried all kinds of things and re-installed windows several times, I tried old versions of drivers and even an older version of windows, I sadly discovered that my SSD was dead or at least that's what hard disk sentinel and a bunch of other apps are saying, I switched my windows over to one of my other drives and I thought maybe it'll be fine now, I started playing games and again, it crashes, I'm baffled, it doesn't always crash immediately, sometimes it's a little generous and takes maybe 20-30 mins and some games like Overwatch won't let me finish a single game usually, I'm at my wits end, I tried everything I can think of, my installation is fairly clean so not many drivers installed besides maybe Nvidia and Realtek HD Audio, I will attach a pic of my specs via speccy. I tested the temps and recently changed the CPU thermal paste so no heating up is going on and my system is currently not overclocked, back when It was working fine before updating windows and switching to a new case, even with a decent overclock to both the CPU and GPU, but at the moment there isn't any overclock on the system, please help me!, those more recent crashes without bluescreens do not provide any feed back aside from the "Kernal Power" error in the Event Viewer and the system so far has never crashed under normal usage like browsing the web or just doing non-gaming stuff, but I built it for gaming and it sucks that I can't play anything..

Short summery of my specs More detailed info in the text file attached:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 8700K @ default clocks
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1398MHz 16-17-17-36
    Motherboard
    Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. Z370 GAMING PLUS MS-7B61 U3E1
    Graphics
    XG2401 SERIES 1920x1080@144Hz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB NVIDIA 52 °C
    Storage
    119GB TOSHIBA THNSNS128GMCP SATA SSD - Windows is on this drive.
    1863GB Seagate ST2000LM007-1R8174 SATA
    931GB TOSHIBA MQ04ABF100 SATA
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00MFCA0 SATA
    149GB Western Digital WDC WD1600AAJS-22L7A0 SATA
    238GB XPG SPECTRIX S40G Unknown SSD - This SSD seems to have 0 health so it's not used currently but still plugged in.
    14GB Kingston DataTraveler 3.0 USB Device USB
    Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

Links to Speccy info files:

- https://www.mediafire.com/file/7suvx20reepwvdf/DESKTOP-4A201NE.speccy/file

- https://www.mediafire.com/file/o5s1qu3owjyq2fa/DESKTOP-4A201NE.txt/file

:)

Althalos, Feb 27, 2020

2. Pc keeps crashing while playing games

Hi,

Having incomplete Windows update is one of the possible reasons why your pc games keeps crashing when playing after you reinstalled the Windows 10. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store. To do this, you may click the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Download all the critical updates for Windows 10. Kindly refer to the link below and follow the step provided on the link.

Windows 10 Update Assistant

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 27, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 27, 2020
  4. PC Keeps crashing when gaming

Games keep crashing on Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform that the games which were working in previous Operating System may or may not work in Windows 10 due to compatibility issues. I suggest you to check for the latest version of the games which are not working, check compatibility
    with Windows 10 and install. If the latest version is not available or if the games are not compatible, suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Download the setup files for the game nd save it on your local disk.

• Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.

• Select “Compatibility” Tab.

• Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

• Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

PC Keeps crashing when gaming

1. PC Keeps crashing when gaming - Similar Threads - Keeps crashing gaming

2. Pc and games keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc and games keep crashing?: Pretty often I'll crash out of games such as Fifa, Madden, and Baldur's gate pretty randomly. Typically i'll play the first two games while watching youtube or something on my other moniter, but I think that's part of the reason it crashes. But Baldur's gate crashes all the...
  3. Pc and games keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc and games keep crashing?: Pretty often I'll crash out of games such as Fifa, Madden, and Baldur's gate pretty randomly. Typically i'll play the first two games while watching youtube or something on my other moniter, but I think that's part of the reason it crashes. But Baldur's gate crashes all the...
  4. PC keeps crashing with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps crashing with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 when gaming: Since couple of days, as soon as I start a game and the fans pick up speed, the PC crashes and reboots itself. The GPU NVIDIA RTX 3080 was exchanged recently, as this was thought to be the issue, but apparently it is not. I have a Dell Desktop 8950, with Win 11. I tried a lot...
  5. Pc keeps crashing when trying to play games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc keeps crashing when trying to play games.: Hello all, Ive recently been facing a problem where playing games keeps radomly shutting my PC down. I play games such as CSGO or COD and radomly though a game, it will just turn off. Sometime it fully turns off with no lights on the PC and no power though any of it and...
  6. PC keeps crashing in games!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps crashing in games!!: My PC keeps crashing and restarting about an hour into playing games and sometimes less!I have been monitoring my temps in game and they never get over 65 degrees celsius for the GPU or CPU.I use drive booster to make sure all of my drivers are up to date.I have cleared...
  7. PC keeps crashing in games!!

PC keeps crashing in games!!: My PC keeps crashing and restarting about an hour into playing games and sometimes less!I have been monitoring my temps in game and they never get over 65 degrees celsius for the GPU or CPU.I use drive booster to make sure all of my drivers are up to date.I have cleared...
  8. PC keeps crashing in games!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. PC keeps crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps crashing when playing games: My pc keeps crashing randomly while playing games it happens at random intervals sometimes I'll go 4-6 hours with no issues and other times it happens within 30 minutes. the screen flashes rapidly goes black and I have to manually turn it off myself. This has been happening...
  10. PC keeps crashing when playing games

PC keeps crashing when playing games: My pc keeps crashing randomly while playing games it happens at random intervals sometimes I'll go 4-6 hours with no issues and other times it happens within 30 minutes. the screen flashes rapidly goes black and I have to manually turn it off myself. This has been happening...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc crash gaming