Windows 10: PC keeps crashing with the "Thread stuck in device driver" error code and nothing works

Discus and support PC keeps crashing with the "Thread stuck in device driver" error code and nothing works in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, since a few months ago my pc has been crashing. It went to a BSOD just a few times and then I got the error message "Thread stuck in device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WillemHofkens, Apr 23, 2020.

1. PC keeps crashing with the "Thread stuck in device driver" error code and nothing works

So, since a few months ago my pc has been crashing. It went to a BSOD just a few times and then I got the error message "Thread stuck in device driver". Most of the times though I'm just playing a game and out of nowhere the screen goes black and the fans of my GPU which is an AMD Gigabyte VEGA 64 btw ramp all the way up. Often I still have people on Discord at those moments who can still hear and understand me after the crash, but I have no video signal at all. Then I boot up again and everything would be normal for another few hours until it crashes again. Sometimes I can go days without a crash, sometimes it's minutes.

I do however have a lot of dmp files of these cashes and after analyzing them I'm none the wiser. It keeps saying that my dxgkrnl.sys has caused a crash two other times it says that the cause is unknown. I've tried about every method I could find on the internet, except fully reinstalling my pc. I have reinstalled all drivers I have ran DX-utility, I have reseated my GPU, I have tried fixing it in my GPU settings and I went to all kinds of ancient forum sites on **** AMD drivers.

Here's the dmp files in a zipped folder: https://mega.nz/file/SZ8UxIYR#i_JIVMBJQCidwKo-yL4GMw57SjdEgpogk9WGvvFCosI

Could anybody please help me with this and take a look at my dmp files?

:)

WillemHofkens, Apr 23, 2020

2. Computer Crashes With: THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER

Today my computer crashed with the error code THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER, this has happened three times over the past two weeks.

Minidump file here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiOx2LWATSlvxBVF-pxqe6gnRBF2

Please help, I am not sure what to do.

EthanGascoigne, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Thread stuck in Device Driver

I'm not sure what is going on, but recently I've been getting BSOD crashes saying error is thread stuck in Device Driver. I have a Radeon Vega 56 GPU and once I log in, it immediately either will black screen or give that error code. What are my options?

LottHaia-Kahalewai, Apr 23, 2020
  4. AmarPrat Win User

PC keeps crashing with the "Thread stuck in device driver" error code and nothing works

Frequent BSOD after upgrading RAM and SSD. (Thread stuck in device driver)

Yes, the error code is "Thread stuck in device driver".

Tried the trouble shooter steps but no progress.

AmarPrat, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

PC keeps crashing with the "Thread stuck in device driver" error code and nothing works

1. PC keeps crashing with the "Thread stuck in device driver" error code and nothing works - Similar Threads - keeps crashing Thread

2. Thread Stuck in Device Driver error code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thread Stuck in Device Driver error code: Have been gotten this error code a few times over the past month, but recently I have gotten it like 3 times within the last week, and that is only from what I have seen with my own eyes. I have tried looking around for possible solutions to the problem, but many places I...
  3. Thread Stuck in Device Driver error code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thread Stuck in Device Driver error code: Have been gotten this error code a few times over the past month, but recently I have gotten it like 3 times within the last week, and that is only from what I have seen with my own eyes. I have tried looking around for possible solutions to the problem, but many places I...
  4. stop code thread stuck in device driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    stop code thread stuck in device driver: Hi I recently installed Windows 10 on my computer, and I get a blue screen and the error name is: stop code thread stuck in device driver. The time in which the screen appears is after the restart that the computer asks for me after it has installed drivers...
  5. Keep getting "Thread stuck in Device Driver" errors

Keep getting "Thread stuck in Device Driver" errors: Below is a link to the *dmp and *info files. Can anyone please help? This is my son's computer and it keeps crashing on him while in school. Thanks! https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap5pqGe3f15FiH6wzIVLMCoURYfT?e=zcyOXJ...
  6. Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error

Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error: Hello. I'm having problems with Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error with the amdkmdag file. with two games in particular I didn't find anything related on the network I hope you can help me. pc freezes and the blue screen appears. analyzed with the blue scream view...
  7. Crash- Thread Stuck in Device Driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crash- Thread Stuck in Device Driver: New Computer - CPU: AMD 3700x GPU: Radeon 7 Mobo: MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI Gaming Used DDU Uninstaller to remove and reinstalled video drivers multiple times. Updated BIOS Formatted drive and did a clean install of Win10 (ISO was downloaded last night from...
  8. Stop code : Thread Stuck In Device Drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop code : Thread Stuck In Device Drivers: Hi, I have encountered blue screen after I forced shut down my laptop 2 days ago. I have checked on the stop code and follow some instructions trying to fix it but still unsuccessful. Actions i have taken are: i) uninstall recent apps ii) uninstall drivers that have...
  9. Boot Loop with Error Code THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER

Boot Loop with Error Code THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER: Last night, I was playing a game on my laptop. I left the room for a few minutes and when I returned it was boot looping. I don't know what caused this, but I tried the system repair first and it didn't work. Upon using the system restore to return to an earlier point in time...
  10. Error thread stuck in device driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error thread stuck in device driver: I posted a thread in the drivers section and someone told me to post here so that is what i am doing. I have attached the logs. 56993