Windows 10: PC keeps freezing and crashing during games

Discus and support PC keeps freezing and crashing during games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,I have recently had exhausting problems with my computer freezing during gameplay - even games that are not resource intensive at all.I posted my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PaulKukowski, Apr 26, 2021.

1. PC keeps freezing and crashing during games

Hi,I have recently had exhausting problems with my computer freezing during gameplay - even games that are not resource intensive at all.I posted my full specs at the bottom.I have already attempted the following:Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool - no errors found, also ran memtest86 via GRUB, which returned no errorsran chkdsk - no errors foundran an sfc scan - no errors foundran the DISM cleanup without resultsupdated Windows to the newest releaseupdated my graphics card driversRan CPU and GPU benchmarks and observed no overheatingPlugged my GPU into the second PCIe slotcleaned all hardware par

:)

PaulKukowski, Apr 26, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 26, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Apr 26, 2021
  4. testing Win User

PC keeps freezing and crashing during games

Game crashing all the time / PC freezes sometimes

Since about a month I have the problem that a game (Grand Theft Auto V) is crashing all the time. Sometimes the complete PC freezes too so that it displays the old image e.g. a few minutes ago (completely unresponsive, only restarting the PC helps). The time is not predictable, when it crashes. At one time it crashes after five minutes, another time it crashes after half an hour. But one thing is sure - it will crash.

I have contacted the Rockstar Support and they say they can't help me anymore. Things I did asked by the Rockstar Support:

• reinstalled the game and Social Club multiple times
    • deleted game files in AppData/Local/Rockstar Games/GTA V and Documents\Rockstar Games\Social Club
    • deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAVLauncher.exe and restored via Steam option Verify integrity of game files
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow multiple times
    • uninstalled another app, which should be responsible for network timeouts/blocking
    • switching to story mode/second character
    • submitted the export of msinfo32 including crash reports to the support
    • changed firewall settings

Things I tried myself:

• played in Safe Mode
    • changed graphics settings
    • removed OC
    • updated to latest Nvidia driver (436.15)
    • updated Windows 10
    • checked the event log, but there is no entry
    • executed memtest86 without problems
    • made a stress test with FurMark without problems

I don't have expierenced similar problems in other games/apps.

System configuration:

• i5-6600K
    • 16 GB RAM
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

Temperature is always OK.

Launcher.log from GTA V writes something like:

How can I find the cause of this error?

testing, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

PC keeps freezing and crashing during games

1. PC keeps freezing and crashing during games - Similar Threads - keeps freezing crashing

2. PC crashing during games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing during games: I am not sure the issue, games are crashing in various different ways, not sure of the cause. sometimes the pc blue screens other times it just outright freezes.Sometimes the game crashes but not the pc. Really unsure what the issue could be. My drivers are up to date and so...
  3. PC crashing during gaming

PC crashing during gaming: Hi, I've recently faced a problem of my PC crashing while i was gaming. I've not updated anything systematically recently.On event viewer it said: The server Windows.Gaming.GameBar.PresenceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter did not register with DCOM within the required...
  4. My pc keeps freezing and crashing during games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps freezing and crashing during games.: Hi, my pc has been crashing and bugging out for the past weeks. Can anybody help me please? Ive tried looking online and i don't know what to do. My latest memory dump below:Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.1778 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All...
  5. My pc keeps freezing and crashing during games.

My pc keeps freezing and crashing during games.: Hi, my pc has been crashing and bugging out for the past weeks. Can anybody help me please? Ive tried looking online and i don't know what to do. My latest memory dump below:Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.1778 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All...
  6. Pc crashing during gaming

Pc crashing during gaming: I build my Pc about a month and a half ago Ryzen 5 5500, Gtx 1660 super, asus prime b550-M-awifi, 2 8gb corsair vengeance, evga 600w 80 plus gold, wd 500gb ssd m.2. Not until a couple weeks i just kept randomly crashing in games like cod, rocket league, Fortnite etc after...
  7. pc keeps crashing during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc keeps crashing during games: Hi, So pretty much anytime I play a game, my computer either freezes or blue screen. This happens at complete random points and when I attempted to use 'verifier', my pc kept blue screening. It displayed the following error:DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATIONI got my pc back...
  8. pc keeps crashing during games

pc keeps crashing during games: Hi, So pretty much anytime I play a game, my computer either freezes or blue screen. This happens at complete random points and when I attempted to use 'verifier', my pc kept blue screening. It displayed the following error:DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATIONI got my pc back...
  9. PC Freezes during Gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezes during Gaming: Good morning everybody *Smile During this week I encountered a serious problem with my Laptop. While playing games it freezes and the sound starts to stutter. The only way out is to shut down the PC with the power button. This happens randomly, therfore I can play 20...
  10. PC freezes and crashes during watching videos / gaming.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes and crashes during watching videos / gaming.: Here is a screenshot of the problem: Attachment 105303 Besides that, I've noticed freezing at certain points while watching videos on youtube or playing. But while playing that happened only 2 times and for a little while, but the 2nd time the pc went into windows login...