Windows 10: pc keeps freezing and i have to restart it to fix it for some time

Discus and support pc keeps freezing and i have to restart it to fix it for some time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by taurasgrom, Feb 4, 2020.

1. pc keeps freezing and i have to restart it to fix it for some time

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection
    and APPID
    Unavailable
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID S-1-5-18 from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-02-04T19:19:12.335439200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>2621</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation ActivityID="{3a1a9364-1f1b-4725-919b-219e65801718}" />
    <Execution ProcessID="792" ThreadID="1028" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-F0LRAM6</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">Local</Data>
    <Data Name="param3">Launch</Data>
    <Data Name="param4">Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection</Data>
    <Data Name="param5">Unavailable</Data>
    <Data Name="param6">NT AUTHORITY</Data>
    <Data Name="param7">SYSTEM</Data>
    <Data Name="param8">S-1-5-18</Data>
    <Data Name="param9">LocalHost Using LRPC</Data>
    <Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data>
    <Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

taurasgrom, Feb 4, 2020

2. PC Keeps Freezing At Completely Random Times

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I suggest you to disable the third party security software (if any installed) temporarily and check if it is cause to issue.

Disable Antivirus:

Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you
    should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if you are able to fix the issue.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the System maintenance
    troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue:

Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all
      on the left navigation pane.

• Click on System maintenance.

• Click on Advanced on the
      System maintenance
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      System maintenance troubleshooter.

If issue persist, Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Also, please refer to the link by Andre Da Costa on Windows 10 freeze which gives suggestions on how to troubleshoot on this scenario.

Windows 10 Installation Freeze

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 4, 2020
  3. aries117 Win User
    Computer Keeps Freezing

It froze again, and the common problem I see throughout most of the freezes is a driver atksgt.sys being blocked from loading. It is related to Tages Protection from Tages SA and it says it has a driver that is installed that causes stability problems with my system. It says it will be disabled but I think this is why my pc keeps freezing. Any suggestions as to what it may be for and/or if I can get rid of it and how?

I never downloaded a program from Tages SA so I am not sure what it could be from.

aries117, Feb 4, 2020
  4. GIL
    gil Win User

pc keeps freezing and i have to restart it to fix it for some time

How to fresh install Win10 while old system is still bootable?

I did all these steps and I keep doing them after each PC freeze.

95% of the time SFC and DISM commands don't find anything to fix, as in, no issues found.

Other than a clean install of the drivers, the next thing is to install the entire OS, since someone suggested that this fixed his issue.

Thema:

pc keeps freezing and i have to restart it to fix it for some time

1. pc keeps freezing and i have to restart it to fix it for some time - Similar Threads - keeps freezing restart

2. Pc freezes after left idle some time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freezes after left idle some time: My pc freezes i can't do nothing but restart after left idle some minutes. I tried some power options didn't work. And i also tried memory ram checking, disk defrag, ccleaner and other stuff. Can someone help me please? specs: i5 3470 3.2gHz 8gb ram rx 550 500gb HDD 450W psu...
  3. My Windows 10 PC Freezes and I Have to Wait a Long Time for It to Load After Restarting It

My Windows 10 PC Freezes and I Have to Wait a Long Time for It to Load After Restarting It: My Windows 10 PC freezes for a random amount of time, and after turning it off and on again, I have to wait 1-5 minutes for it to load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-pc-freezes-and-i-have-to-wait-a-long/e2f44a55-5b78-4a49-8eec-782f5256a81c
  4. PC keeps freezing then restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC keeps freezing then restarting on its own: Hi, I've had this issue for a while and I don't know what's causing it, at first I used to think this issue comes up whenever I play online games but eventually it just happens randomly. I formatted my PC and the issue persisted, I tried to run diagnostics and see if my RAM...
  5. PC freezes and restarts

PC freezes and restarts: Hi all, I have been getting intermittent freezing and rebooting lately. I haven't made any recent hardware or software changes and don't know the cause. Would appreciate some support. System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 18362 AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core...
  6. My PC keeps freezing, BSOD, and random restarting.

My PC keeps freezing, BSOD, and random restarting.: I built a new PC in February and in seems pretty unstable. It keeps crashing. I sometimes get BSOD with error "an unexpected error has occurred" and sometimes I get freezes or reboots. i have windows 10 education. The Minidump folder is empty but I have my system and...
  7. PC keeps freezing at startup and random times

PC keeps freezing at startup and random times: Hello, So I'm having this problem since about a month I could say but it has gotten worse and now it's absolutely rendered my pc unusable. Most of the time after I login and many times when the loading icon is there when windows is starting the pc just comes to a halt,...
  8. Pc randomly freezing, have to hold PWR restart

Pc randomly freezing, have to hold PWR restart: Hi, My pc is starting to randomly freeze, I am unable to move mouse, CTRK + ALT + DEL or anything I have to hold the power button down and restart the PC Can anyone please help me figure out what is going on, I assume it may be a driver or something Thank you,...
  9. PC keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps restarting: Hello my pc keeps restarting over and over. And yes i did some research on google, some people say that it may be RAM modules not working, so i took one module out and same problem swapped another one, and still same problem,so it's not with RAM. Some say it may be BIOS...
  10. Pc keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc keeps restarting: After updating to Windows 10 it worked fine for 2 days and now my pc keep restarting itself when I try to do something, usually around 5 minutes after startup. I have turned off the "restart if crash" but it hadn't helped please help me I am in urgent need for my pc for...