Windows 10: pc keeps freezing and i have to restart it to fix it for some time

Discus and support pc keeps freezing and i have to restart it to fix it for some time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by taurasgrom, Feb 4, 2020.

1. pc keeps freezing and i have to restart it to fix it for some time

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection
    and APPID
    Unavailable
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID S-1-5-18 from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-02-04T19:19:12.335439200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>2621</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation ActivityID="{3a1a9364-1f1b-4725-919b-219e65801718}" />
    <Execution ProcessID="792" ThreadID="1028" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-F0LRAM6</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">Local</Data>
    <Data Name="param3">Launch</Data>
    <Data Name="param4">Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection</Data>
    <Data Name="param5">Unavailable</Data>
    <Data Name="param6">NT AUTHORITY</Data>
    <Data Name="param7">SYSTEM</Data>
    <Data Name="param8">S-1-5-18</Data>
    <Data Name="param9">LocalHost Using LRPC</Data>
    <Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data>
    <Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

taurasgrom, Feb 4, 2020

2. PC Keeps Freezing At Completely Random Times

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I suggest you to disable the third party security software (if any installed) temporarily and check if it is cause to issue.

Disable Antivirus:

Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you
    should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if you are able to fix the issue.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the System maintenance
    troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue:

Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all
      on the left navigation pane.

• Click on System maintenance.

• Click on Advanced on the
      System maintenance
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      System maintenance troubleshooter.

If issue persist, Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Also, please refer to the link by Andre Da Costa on Windows 10 freeze which gives suggestions on how to troubleshoot on this scenario.

Windows 10 Installation Freeze

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 4, 2020
  3. aries117 Win User
    Computer Keeps Freezing

It froze again, and the common problem I see throughout most of the freezes is a driver atksgt.sys being blocked from loading. It is related to Tages Protection from Tages SA and it says it has a driver that is installed that causes stability problems with my system. It says it will be disabled but I think this is why my pc keeps freezing. Any suggestions as to what it may be for and/or if I can get rid of it and how?

I never downloaded a program from Tages SA so I am not sure what it could be from.

aries117, Feb 4, 2020
  4. GIL
    gil Win User

pc keeps freezing and i have to restart it to fix it for some time

How to fresh install Win10 while old system is still bootable?

I did all these steps and I keep doing them after each PC freeze.

95% of the time SFC and DISM commands don't find anything to fix, as in, no issues found.

Other than a clean install of the drivers, the next thing is to install the entire OS, since someone suggested that this fixed his issue.

Thema:

pc keeps freezing and i have to restart it to fix it for some time

1. pc keeps freezing and i have to restart it to fix it for some time - Similar Threads - keeps freezing restart

2. My PC keeps on freezing and restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps on freezing and restarting: Log Name: System Source: EventLog Date: 01/01/2023 01:03:07 Event ID: 6008 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Description: The previous system shutdown at 12:51:33 am on ‎01/‎01/‎2023 was unexpected. Event Xml:...
  3. My PC keeps on freezing and restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keeps on freezing and restarting: Log Name: System Source: EventLog Date: 01/01/2023 01:03:07 Event ID: 6008 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Description: The previous system shutdown at 12:51:33 am on ‎01/‎01/‎2023 was unexpected. Event Xml:...
  4. My PC keeps on freezing and restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart...: Important note the explorer doesn't restart because of memory or an insufficient computer resources or due to an hardware problem because I have checked and here is what i have found on event viewer First type of logsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version:...
  6. Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart...

Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart...: Important note the explorer doesn't restart because of memory or an insufficient computer resources or due to an hardware problem because I have checked and here is what i have found on event viewer First type of logsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version:...
  7. Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. My pc keep freezing and i have to restart i, why and how to fix?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My pc keep freezing and i have to restart i, why and how to fix?: Hello I am Darshan due to this pandemic doing work from home for nova steel corporation so My pc keeps freezing randomly and i have to restart it using the power button I'm on my phone right now since I've tried writing it on my pc but it froze I don't have the exact specs if...
  9. pc random freezes and i have to restart

pc random freezes and i have to restart: it's around 2 weeks that my pc started these weird freezes i cant even move my mouse and ctrl+alt+delete does not work either and i have to hard restart using restart button on my case in this period of time it happened like 4 or 5 times and its too annoying btw i checked...
  10. PC Keeps freezing at random times

PC Keeps freezing at random times: Hello, I am having a problem with random freezing on my computer. This happens usually every time I boot up my computer and usually every 20 minutes it persists from there. I have tried updating drivers, Command Prompts, removing software. Before my pc was running...