Windows 10: PC Keeps freezing at random times

Discus and support PC Keeps freezing at random times in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a problem with random freezing on my computer. This happens usually every time I boot up my computer and usually every 20 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Maty384, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Maty384 Win User

PC Keeps freezing at random times

Hello,

I am having a problem with random freezing on my computer. This happens usually every time I boot up my computer and usually every 20 minutes it persists from there. I have tried updating drivers, Command Prompts, removing software.

Before my pc was running perfectly smooth and sometime in November my computer decided to BSOD all the time. on the computer i factory reset my pc and ripped out hard drives that might be corrupted. A month later i managed to stop the BSOD. i now have this persisting issue where the pc freezes that happens all the time. When researching this before i read online that it could be my old ram 16GB DDr4 since then i upgraded to 32gb DDR4 and the problem still continues. It seems to be a windows problem because my taskbar and screen freezes for up to a minute. which is awful when playing games.

Computer Info:

IntelR CoreTM i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.01 GHz

Ram: 32.0 GB

System Type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080.

Storage: Kingston SA400S37480G

Bare in mind this is a fresh reboot and this problem is still happening.

-Any advice on how to fix this issue will be appreciated,

Thank you Mathew

:)

Maty384, Feb 8, 2021

2. PC Keeps Freezing At Completely Random Times

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I suggest you to disable the third party security software (if any installed) temporarily and check if it is cause to issue.

Disable Antivirus:

Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you
    should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if you are able to fix the issue.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the System maintenance
    troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue:

Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all
      on the left navigation pane.

• Click on System maintenance.

• Click on Advanced on the
      System maintenance
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      System maintenance troubleshooter.

If issue persist, Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Also, please refer to the link by Andre Da Costa on Windows 10 freeze which gives suggestions on how to troubleshoot on this scenario.

Windows 10 Installation Freeze

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 8, 2021
  3. TIGR Win User
    Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

TIGR, Feb 8, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

My brand new PC keeps crashing

Hi, Sorry to hear of your problem.
    Basics: Do you experience these freezes only after installing additional software? Try a clean boot and check for freezes then.

There are 54 pages in this thread on random freezes..

Windows 10 freezes randomly - Windows 10 Forums

Please feel free to search the forum for (e.g.)
    PC freezes
    random freeze

When you've had a look thru things people have suggested and tried, if still no solution, post back with a list of what you've tried.

Good luck!

dalchina, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

1. PC Keeps freezing at random times - Similar Threads - Keeps freezing random

2. Pc keeps freezing randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps freezing randomly.: I tried all check lists .Change ram sticksRun different combinations of hardware.Remove and check them one by one . but the issue still persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-freezing-randomly/26f413cf-9456-41cf-9330-41d7cd976ee6
  3. Pc keeps freezing randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc keeps freezing randomly.: I tried all check lists .Change ram sticksRun different combinations of hardware.Remove and check them one by one . but the issue still persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-freezing-randomly/26f413cf-9456-41cf-9330-41d7cd976ee6
  4. PC keeps freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps freezing randomly: I recently got a refurbished computer off of amazon, but the issue is it has many errors such as blue screening I think I may have fixed that already and freezing up constantly with no warningI have done a fresh windows 11 install but the random freezing problem is still...
  5. PC keeps freezing randomly

PC keeps freezing randomly: I recently got a refurbished computer off of amazon, but the issue is it has many errors such as blue screening I think I may have fixed that already and freezing up constantly with no warningI have done a fresh windows 11 install but the random freezing problem is still...
  6. Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times

Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times: I recently have been have a problem with my Hp Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0xxx, I recently redownload Project Zomboid from Steam and after that my Pc has been crashing or freezing up at random times mostly when I play games or try to update the system. My volume also...
  7. Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times: I recently have been have a problem with my Hp Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0xxx, I recently redownload Project Zomboid from Steam and after that my Pc has been crashing or freezing up at random times mostly when I play games or try to update the system. My volume also...
  8. Computer keeps freezing at random times. No bluescreen

Computer keeps freezing at random times. No bluescreen: Hi!My PC keeps freezing/ being stuck at whatever task it's on at random times No bluescreen, crashing or restarting. I have reinstalled all the drivers multiple times and it also has healthy temps. Here are my specsCPU - Ryzen 7 5800XGPU - EVGA Geforce RTX 3080Motherboard -...
  9. My cursor keeps freezing at random times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My cursor keeps freezing at random times: This sometimes happen and other times it does not. My mouse cursor freezes for a few seconds and starts to move again normally. It keeps on happening every once a minute. I tried to update my mouse drivers but it didnot solve the issue. I uninstalled the drivers t and...
  10. PC keeps freezing at startup and random times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps freezing at startup and random times: Hello, So I'm having this problem since about a month I could say but it has gotten worse and now it's absolutely rendered my pc unusable. Most of the time after I login and many times when the loading icon is there when windows is starting the pc just comes to a halt,...