Windows 10: PC keeps freezing when playing games

Discus and support PC keeps freezing when playing games in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently my pc has started freezing when playing games but in a weird way. At first my pc would just freeze outright after a few hours of playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_King_Savage_, May 31, 2020.

1. PC keeps freezing when playing games

Recently my pc has started freezing when playing games but in a weird way.

At first my pc would just freeze outright after a few hours of playing games but i could still hear audio from the game and my friends talking on discord.

but now the moment i open a game, first my lighting effects will freeze but i can continue playing, then after a little while the game will freeze but i can still hear the audio from the game and my friends talking like before.

I've seen both livekernelevent 144 and 141 in my error logs. Anyone know a fix to this?

submitted by /u/_King_Savage_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_King_Savage_, May 31, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Can't play Hit It Rich game and system freezes

Hi carmenstanley1,

Thank you for your response.

I can understand how frustrating it would be. This issue might be due to corrupted profile or if the game is not installed completely. I suggest you to follow these steps and let us know if it works.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried playing this game on other browser (Google chrome or Mozilla) and check for the issue?

Step 1: Uninstall or Repair the game.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Right click on the Hit it Rich app > Select Repair or uninstall it.
    4. Reinstall the application and check for the issue.

Step 2: Create a new local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption, so I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the issue persists.

Note: You will not see all your files under your default file location.
    So your data will be saved under C:\Users\User_name.

If you are facing issues with freezing, I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, May 31, 2020
  3. Minecraft freezes gaming PC

Hi,

We have here a thread Windows 10 freezes when playing games
    related to your concern. We suggest that you go through the steps provided by
    Roger Lu.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, May 31, 2020
  4. PC keeps freezing when playing games

Games keep freezing

The games that I play keep freezing up, is there any reason to this problem? during mid game it just freezes then unfreezes

-1nf1n1ty-, May 31, 2020
Thema:

PC keeps freezing when playing games

1. PC keeps freezing when playing games - Similar Threads - keeps freezing playing

2. PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games: When I play certain games, which are pretty high graphic, my pc freezes completely. I cant type anything, i can sometimes hear the audio but sometimes it just stops, and I have to shut it down by pressing the power button. Sometimes when it freezes it has the sound of a usb...
  3. PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games: When I play certain games, which are pretty high graphic, my pc freezes completely. I cant type anything, i can sometimes hear the audio but sometimes it just stops, and I have to shut it down by pressing the power button. Sometimes when it freezes it has the sound of a usb...
  4. PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer keeps freezing when playing game halfway

Computer keeps freezing when playing game halfway: My PC keeps freezing at very specific timings such as when i play Valorant on the 3rd or fourth round of the match, it will freeze my PC and i will have to restart my PC. I tried going through event viewer but there is no critical or warning level alerted to me just before it...
  6. PC keep freezing randomly and when I play some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep freezing randomly and when I play some games: I have run a dskchk on my windows drive and the test came back fine. Some of my games freeze and some don't. sometimes when i turn it off it will turn on but still say no signal...
  7. PC keep freezing randomly and when I play some games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keep freezing randomly and when I play some games: I have run a dskchk on my windows drive and the test came back fine. Some of my games freeze and some don't. sometimes when i turn it off it will turn on but still say no signal...
  8. PC keep freezing randomly and when I play some games

9. Persistent PC freezing, when playing games, and only when playing games.

Persistent PC freezing, when playing games, and only when playing games.: Hello everyoneSince around 2 days ago, my pc has started to spontaneously freeze when playing games like CSGO, or doom eternal.The freezing makes it so i cannot use my keyboard, mouse, or anything of that nature, if i have my screen audio attached, there is a loud hissing...
  10. pc freezing when playing games

pc freezing when playing games: hi i will need your help on what to do,whenever i play games like watch dogs2, gta 5 and sleeping dogs on my pc it keeps freezing and cracking. ive tried everything i could but the problem persit.what do i do?...