Windows 10: PC keeps freezing. Windows 10 Home.

Discus and support PC keeps freezing. Windows 10 Home. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! My PC keeps freezing, requiring me to do a hard boot after approx. 20 minutes of activity . Windows 10 Home. Any suggestions would be gratefully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Frustrated123ABC, Nov 12, 2018.

1. PC keeps freezing. Windows 10 Home.

Hi!

My PC keeps freezing, requiring me to do a hard boot after approx. 20 minutes of activity . Windows 10 Home. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

:)

Frustrated123ABC, Nov 12, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 keeps freezing on my PC.

Hi,

Corrupted system files may be the possible reason why your computer keeps freezing. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from reinstalling Windows and updating drivers?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to improve your computer performance in Windows 10. You may expand
    Check memory and memory usage
    to find out how much memory you have and how much of it is currently being used. Also, try to scan and restore corrupted system files by expanding
    Check for corrupted Windows system files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 12, 2018
  4. PC keeps freezing. Windows 10 Home.

pc keeps freezing

Hi Iden,

The issue may occur due to corrupted system file or full of memory storage. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any updates happened?
    • Were there any error messages?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to check this article:
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

PC keeps freezing. Windows 10 Home.

1. PC keeps freezing. Windows 10 Home. - Similar Threads - keeps freezing Home

2. Windows 10 Home keeps completely freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Home keeps completely freezing: Today I started experiencing this issue, after 2-5 minutes of booting the computer it will completely freeze and afterwards restart, however it will not send any input to the monitor, sometimes it will just completely freeze and stay like that until I do a hard restart. I...
  3. Windows 10 Home keeps completely freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home keeps completely freezing: Today I started experiencing this issue, after 2-5 minutes of booting the computer it will completely freeze and afterwards restart, however it will not send any input to the monitor, sometimes it will just completely freeze and stay like that until I do a hard restart. I...
  4. Windows 10 Home keeps completely freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 pc keeps freezing

Windows 10 pc keeps freezing: I have a windows 10 PC. Its 2014 Toshiba p50 b 11p. It started, first when the windows crashed. I installed a new windows 10 on it, it worked for a few weeks until yesterday. It froze so I restarted it, but then it even didn't open the main screen. I installed windows 10...
  6. PC keeps freezing or mouse keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps freezing or mouse keeps freezing: so I did the latest windows 10 update and ever since I did it my pc will freeze for a second every 5 ish seconds I don't know if its my mouse because i check for driver updates and nothing i uninstalled my mouse and that didn't fix it (new mouse as well). I also just...
  7. My PC keeps freezing - Windows 10

My PC keeps freezing - Windows 10: How do I repair my computer using Windows 10 that keeps freezing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-freezing-windows-10/a3ecc506-739e-430f-850f-51caa9604b0f
  8. Windows 10 PC keeps freezing but why?

Windows 10 PC keeps freezing but why?: I've come across a really frustrating problem and I can't seem to solve it. If I'm on my PC and I don't move the cursor for about 6-8 minutes, the whole computer will freeze. Then I'll have to hold the button on the tower to force the whole PC off. This never used to happen...
  9. Windows 10 PC keeps randomly freezing

Windows 10 PC keeps randomly freezing: My Windows 10 PC keeps randomly freezing! It never used to happen, but after like 5-6 months of having the PC it keeps freezing. I thought it could be something to do with the drivers but every time I go to update a driver through Windows it says the latest driver is already...
  10. PC Keeps Freezing

PC Keeps Freezing: Hello. I've begun to encounter an increasing amount of complete freezes on my PC in the past few days. They usually require for the program to be completely closed before it begins working again. This has me concerned, as I have 16 GB of RAM, an i7-7500U 2.7Ghz CPU, and only...