Windows 10: PC keeps locking me out

Discus and support PC keeps locking me out in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My PC keeps locking me out, even though it's only a few months old. What's happening? The topic is the opposite, did not have the correct topic... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Krish Kalantry, May 20, 2020.

1. PC keeps locking me out

My PC keeps locking me out, even though it's only a few months old. What's happening? The topic is the opposite, did not have the correct topic

:)

Krish Kalantry, May 20, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 20, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 20, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

PC keeps locking me out

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, May 20, 2020
Thema:

PC keeps locking me out

1. PC keeps locking me out - Similar Threads - keeps locking

2. my computer keeps locking

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my computer keeps locking: my computer keeps locking me out after a very short time, what should i do or what does this mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-locking/18190f01-07c8-4dc0-94a7-03916d5ee763
  3. Windows 10 Version 1909 Keeps Locking screen even if i'm playing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Version 1909 Keeps Locking screen even if i'm playing: So, i have the online classes, and i have this issue... I can't solve it, and i found about it, from users that post things like that on 3 December... Please help me how to fix 'Locking screen' and then coming back... Randomly, even if i'm playing, i'm on Zoom, or i'm...
  4. Workstation keeps locking screen after about 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Workstation keeps locking screen after about 5 minutes: I have a few workstations that after doing a Windows 7 to 10 upgrade in place, the workstation automatically locks after about 5 minutes without any user activity. I looked in the power settings and secpol and didn't see anything that would automatically lock the screen. In...
  5. Windows 10 computer keeps randomly going to lock screen.

Windows 10 computer keeps randomly going to lock screen.: When the computer is IN USE the screen goes black then goes back to the lock screen and requires the passcode again. It does it every 3-5 minutes then eventually spreads out to every 8-10 minutes, but it's super annoying in the middle of a youtube video or screen recording....
  6. Background and Lock Screen keep defaulting to bing picture

Background and Lock Screen keep defaulting to bing picture: I want my background to be a picture of my own, and the lock screen to be Windows Spotlight. However, even after changing it in Settings, it keeps defaulting back to the bing picture the following day. Why doesn't Microsoft solve this issue instead of having me waste my time...
  7. Computer keeps locking after 2 minutes no matter what settings I choose. How to change time...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer keeps locking after 2 minutes no matter what settings I choose. How to change time...: I have been getting more progressively frustrated at this issue as the weeks in lock-down have progressed. If I step away from the PC for more than 2 minutes it will lock me out and I will have to reenter my password. Power and sleep settings are set to turn off screen after...
  8. My lock screen and background keep reversing to the default settings

My lock screen and background keep reversing to the default settings: After changing the lock screen to Windows Spotlight and the background to the picture of my choice, it always will eventually switch back to a microsoft picture in the background and the lock screen. My picture is still one of the options, but it doesn't remain selected....
  9. Windows not progressing past lock screen, keeps 'dropping' back down

Windows not progressing past lock screen, keeps 'dropping' back down: I've recently encountered a strange bug on startup of my PC where the computer would start up just fine, but when I go to sign-in from the lock screen, the sign-in screen immediately goes away and the lock screen from before the one showing time and date reappears. I've tried...
  10. My laptop keeps hibernating and locks down immediately when I plug out my charger even when...

My laptop keeps hibernating and locks down immediately when I plug out my charger even when...: the battery of my laptop decreases quicky and when it reaches 95 from 100 it locks and hibernates itself. this is so annoying. due to this I always have to plug in while using which causes superheat generation. pls help me because i have college next week and i need to get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 screen keeps locking even when set not too