Windows 10: PC keeps locking me out

Discus and support PC keeps locking me out in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My PC keeps locking me out, even though it's only a few months old. What's happening? The topic is the opposite, did not have the correct topic... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Krish Kalantry, May 20, 2020.

1. PC keeps locking me out

My PC keeps locking me out, even though it's only a few months old. What's happening? The topic is the opposite, did not have the correct topic

:)

Krish Kalantry, May 20, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 20, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 20, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

PC keeps locking me out

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, May 20, 2020
Thema:

PC keeps locking me out

1. PC keeps locking me out - Similar Threads - keeps locking

2. Win 11 Lock Screen keeps coming down in the middle of the work and locking the PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Lock Screen keeps coming down in the middle of the work and locking the PC.: This keeps happening to me even after I reinstall Windows over and over again. The problem keeps coming back, and the support of Lenovo keeps telling me the same nonsense.The Windows 11 Lock Screen is coming down on the screen even in the middle of tapping and moving the...
  3. Win 11 Lock Screen keeps coming down in the middle of the work and locking the PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Lock Screen keeps coming down in the middle of the work and locking the PC.: This keeps happening to me even after I reinstall Windows over and over again. The problem keeps coming back, and the support of Lenovo keeps telling me the same nonsense.The Windows 11 Lock Screen is coming down on the screen even in the middle of tapping and moving the...
  4. Family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer....: Hello, I just installed microsoft on my pc. Somehow, family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer. It says 'This device is locked because of your family settings for screen time'. I just want to access my computer for work related...
  5. Family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer....

Family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer....: Hello, I just installed microsoft on my pc. Somehow, family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer. It says 'This device is locked because of your family settings for screen time'. I just want to access my computer for work related...
  6. Family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer....

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. My laptop keeps locking itself like every few mins , I would open my laptop sign in and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps locking itself like every few mins , I would open my laptop sign in and...: I have a windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-locking-itself-like-every-few-mins/c8ce4aec-fb14-4164-bc0f-32b09304ae80
  8. My laptop keeps locking itself like every few mins , I would open my laptop sign in and...

My laptop keeps locking itself like every few mins , I would open my laptop sign in and...: I have a windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-locking-itself-like-every-few-mins/c8ce4aec-fb14-4164-bc0f-32b09304ae80
  9. My laptop keeps locking itself like every few mins , I would open my laptop sign in and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Computer keeps completely locking up - can someone analyse my dump files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps completely locking up - can someone analyse my dump files?: Hi team,I've had an issue for the past couple of weeks with my computer completely locking up.Can someone take a look at my:1 MSinfo file: 240303 crash dump.nfo2 Crash dump 1: 030224-6250-01.dmp3 Crash dump 2 about 90 minutes later: 030224-6781-01.dmpNo recent hardware...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 screen keeps locking even when set not too