Windows 10: PC keeps rebooting after the last update

Discus and support PC keeps rebooting after the last update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the last Windows 10 update my PC keeps rebooting, it lasts for hours and nothing seems to be working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Roger Hale, Oct 7, 2018.

1. PC keeps rebooting after the last update

After the last Windows 10 update my PC keeps rebooting, it lasts for hours and nothing seems to be working.

:)

Roger Hale, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Brightness resets after reboot

Hi,

To clarify the issue, we need additional information:

• Are there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • Did you update your Windows?

For the meantime, we suggest updating the drivers for ambient sensor and keyboard lighting, since the suggested troubleshooting steps given above did not work for you.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 7, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

PC keeps rebooting after the last update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PC keeps rebooting after the last update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

PC keeps rebooting after the last update

1. PC keeps rebooting after the last update - Similar Threads - keeps rebooting last

2. PC keeps rebooting after closing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps rebooting after closing games: So recently my pc keeps restarting after closing games like Red Dead and Overwatch or any heavy programs. this has been a recent issue for me. First i thought maybe it was the power supply but i keep running benchmarks and it always runs fine. the problem always occurs after...
  3. PC keeps rebooting after closing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps rebooting after closing games: So recently my pc keeps restarting after closing games like Red Dead and Overwatch or any heavy programs. this has been a recent issue for me. First i thought maybe it was the power supply but i keep running benchmarks and it always runs fine. the problem always occurs after...
  4. PC keeps rebooting after closing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC keep rebooting after CPU upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep rebooting after CPU upgrade: This is my second time buying i7-3770 but my pc still has the same problem from when i bought the first one, which is my pc successfully boot to windows but it is always keeps restarting randomly. It might be after 5 mins if i do nothing it last longer but my PC hangs and...
  6. PC keep rebooting after CPU upgrade

PC keep rebooting after CPU upgrade: This is my second time buying i7-3770 but my pc still has the same problem from when i bought the first one, which is my pc successfully boot to windows but it is always keeps restarting randomly. It might be after 5 mins if i do nothing it last longer but my PC hangs and...
  7. PC does not reboot after update.

PC does not reboot after update.: Ok this is not the first time. After an update a couple of days ago my computer would not reboot, it just goes into a blank screen mode. I backed out the update and all was fine until Microsoft did the update again and it would not reboot on the restart for the update. I have...
  8. Unexpected reboots since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected reboots since last update: System Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.867 Since the update on 11/03/2021 I have had 4 occurences of an unexpected reboot. The first of these occurred on 12/03/2021. No warning is given, no blue screen, the screen just goes black and then the boot...
  9. PC keeps resetting itself after last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps resetting itself after last update: Hello, After todays update my pc keeps resetting itself. It says its updating and after it reaches 11% - it reboots. Any idea what to do? submitted by /u/myg0t_Defiled [link] [comments]...
  10. WiFi reboot after last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi reboot after last update: hi guys, after update my windows at the last version my wiFi reboot every time, how do i fix that ? i have windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wifi-reboot-after-last-update/9642e8a5-0dc4-404c-8fb6-b94ecb19cc0e