Windows 10: PC keeps rebooting before I can go to safemode

Discus and support PC keeps rebooting before I can go to safemode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_AK_Production [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_AK_Production, Nov 5, 2019.

1. PC keeps rebooting before I can go to safemode

/u/_AK_Production, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Windows 10 Password problem in safemode

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages aside from password incorrect?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far, after being stuck in safemode sign in screen?
    • What are you trying to do when you enter safemode with networking through msconfig?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Cr00zng Win User

PC keeps rebooting before I can go to safemode

PC keeps rebooting, then stops...

This puzzles me and don't know where to start, or rather continue to troubleshoot. The PC in question has:

• Core i5 2nd Generation CPU (Sandy Bridge)
    • 8 GB memory (2 x 4)
    • 2 x 256 GB Samsung SSD
    • 1 x 1 GB Seagate HDD
    • 1 x CD/DVD drive
    • 1 x 650W power supply

The PC runs W10 Professional 64-bit, version 1803. The last time the PC case had been open must be 2-3 years ego, but opened today. The PC had been moved about 9 month ego to its current location.

It has been pretty much trouble free, until last week. The PC starts up, boots Windows, presents the login screen, but by the time the credentials entered, the system reboots on it is own. After the second and subsequents reboots, it reaches to the point that Windows does not finish to load or it doesn't even start loading and just reboots. After "n" number of reboots, the system does not boot anymore.

Leaving the system down and shutting off the power switch for a longer time period does allow start up again. Entering in the BIOS at this time gives just enough time to get the MB and CPU model numbers and it reboots again.

Opened up the case both sides and verified that all five fans are running, as soon as the system is started. Disconnected all of the drives and started the system, the BIOS stated that "No bootable device found..." and back to cycling reboots.

Reset the memory, tried booting with just one memory card, remove/reconnect power cables to the MB and video card did not matter, the PC is cycling reboots.

There's not enough time to do any troubleshooting with the cycling reboot, the system does not have any beeps or otherwise indicating issues.

The plan is to reset the CPU and if that's not resolving the issue, replace the power supply. If it's still having the same issue, replace the CPU, MB and memory.

Prior to going there, does anyone have a suggestion how to verify the source of this issue?

TIA...

Cr00zng, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

PC keeps rebooting before I can go to safemode

1. PC keeps rebooting before I can go to safemode - Similar Threads - keeps rebooting before

2. Reboot safemode into cmd but do not know how to go back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboot safemode into cmd but do not know how to go back: I changed my boot mod so that when I restart windows It goes into Administrator cmd.exeEvery time I boot upThe problem is i'm not being able to boot up to windows 11 nowHow can this be corrected?Thanks...
  3. Reboot safemode into cmd but do not know how to go back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reboot safemode into cmd but do not know how to go back: I changed my boot mod so that when I restart windows It goes into Administrator cmd.exeEvery time I boot upThe problem is i'm not being able to boot up to windows 11 nowHow can this be corrected?Thanks...
  4. Can not on lato in safemode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not on lato in safemode: i was uninstalling some programs from my laptop like games and microsoft teams. Afterwards, my computer froze and when i restarted the computer turned off. When i turned my computer on, i got a blue screen. It asked me to choose from two options: Troubleshoot Turn off your PC...
  5. Can not on lato in safemode

Can not on lato in safemode: i was uninstalling some programs from my laptop like games and microsoft teams. Afterwards, my computer froze and when i restarted the computer turned off. When i turned my computer on, i got a blue screen. It asked me to choose from two options: Troubleshoot Turn off your PC...
  6. PC keeps restarting before I can even boot into Windows

PC keeps restarting before I can even boot into Windows: I was trying to update the drivers on my PC for my SSD, and this made it so that around 10 seconds after I boot into Windows, I get a BSOD. The error code said "BAD_POOL_CALLER". We tried to uninstall Windows and reinstall it, and now I can't even boot into Windows anymore...
  7. How can I fix Win10 Safemode on Dell laptop that does not go to Safemode from Settings or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix Win10 Safemode on Dell laptop that does not go to Safemode from Settings or...: The Dell Inspiron5555 laptop runs Windows 10. Recently, at the sign-in, the screen flashed the background I use in Windows, but went back to the Sign-in screen. I tried going to SafeMode at Sign-in by clicking Shift Restart. Seemed to go through prep screens for Safemode. But...
  8. How can I fix Win10 Safemode on Dell laptop that does not go to Safemode from Settings or...

How can I fix Win10 Safemode on Dell laptop that does not go to Safemode from Settings or...: The Dell Inspiron5555 laptop runs Windows 10. Recently, at the sign-in, the screen flashed the background I use in Windows, but went back to the Sign-in screen. I tried going to SafeMode at Sign-in by clicking Shift Restart. Seemed to go through prep screens for Safemode. But...
  9. How can I fix Win10 Safemode on Dell laptop that does not go to Safemode from Settings or...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Safemode reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safemode reboot: I rebooted my computer in safe mode because I was trying to fix my screen driver because it kept on flickering. So I went to the settings on boot and switched it to safe mode and so when I restarted my computer it went into safe mode and asked for the password. Not the pin....