Windows 10: PC keeps resetting itself after last update

Discus and support PC keeps resetting itself after last update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, After todays update my pc keeps resetting itself. It says its updating and after it reaches 11% - it reboots. Any idea what to do? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/myg0t_Defiled, Mar 13, 2021.

1. PC keeps resetting itself after last update

Hello, After todays update my pc keeps resetting itself. It says its updating and after it reaches 11% - it reboots. Any idea what to do?

submitted by /u/myg0t_Defiled
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/myg0t_Defiled, Mar 13, 2021
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Mar 13, 2021
  4. PC keeps resetting itself after last update

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

PC keeps resetting itself after last update

1. PC keeps resetting itself after last update - Similar Threads - keeps resetting itself

2. Windows inactivating itself after Reset this PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows inactivating itself after Reset this PC: Hello,I need help re-activating Windows 11 Home after Reset this PC unactivated my Computer and now it says that my computer is not activated.Can someone please help me.Thanks, Joshua...
  3. Windows inactivating itself after Reset this PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows inactivating itself after Reset this PC: Hello,I need help re-activating Windows 11 Home after Reset this PC unactivated my Computer and now it says that my computer is not activated.Can someone please help me.Thanks, Joshua...
  4. Windows 10 sort of resets itself after an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 sort of resets itself after an update: Hi, about a year ago I bought a prebuilt with Windows 10 pre installed. I don't remember exact version. Everything was running fine and smooth, until now. About an hour ago my pc lagged and was basically unusable. I went to check what's happening in task manager. And I saw...
  5. Windows deactivated itself after the last two cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows deactivated itself after the last two cumulative updates: My previously activated windows 10 Pro now says that it cannot connect with the activation server to verify. It still shows the Product ID and Product Key. Also shows error code: 0xC004F074, this system was previously windows 7 Pro and was upgraded to 10 years ago. I have run...
  6. My PC keeps crashing/resetting itself after a load screen in games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps crashing/resetting itself after a load screen in games.: Freshly formatted PC, no 3rd party software or anything like that. When ever I try load my character into world on WoW or ESO the PC crashes and resets itself... All temps on PC are good, I've done stress tests and the PC doesn't crash then??? Specs: Intel i3-9100F @...
  7. PC keeps shutting down by itself after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps shutting down by itself after Windows update: I have Dell Inspirion N5010 and after last Windows update in start of December it keeps turning off by itself already even every 5 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-shutting-down-by-itself-after-windows/15d2151e-e897-48fe-8cb1-98a386f13e71
  8. Windows 10 Pro keeps resetting default apps after the last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro keeps resetting default apps after the last update: Windows 10 Pro on my laptop keeps resetting default apps on each restart. After going through several forum entries, I still can't get an answer. How to fix it? [ATTACH] Thanks....
  9. PC keeps rebooting after the last update

PC keeps rebooting after the last update: After the last Windows 10 update my PC keeps rebooting, it lasts for hours and nothing seems to be working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-rebooting-after-the-last-update/edc3d4c5-0bd3-4912-829c-1cf7a135e7d5
  10. PC resets itself whilst playing game, then updates

PC resets itself whilst playing game, then updates: ive never had this problem before can somebody please put my mind at rest to why this has occurred? i have a fear of playing that game now lol many thanks guy