Windows 10: PC keeps restarting after PC turned of during reset

Discus and support PC keeps restarting after PC turned of during reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I reset my PC yesterday but the PC turned off during it and now it wont function proparly it turns on the does loads of spining dots then says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joemclachlan1, Oct 8, 2020.

1. PC keeps restarting after PC turned of during reset

Hi I reset my PC yesterday but the PC turned off during it and now it wont function proparly it turns on the does loads of spining dots then says restarting and it wont stop. And when it turns on it says press enter to interup normal start up but nothing happens and then continues to the spinning dots.

:)

Joemclachlan1, Oct 8, 2020

2. Pc resetting at 10% and freezes

I had to do a pc reset on a diffrent pc. Everything went ok and pc reset froze at 10 % for ages.So i turned off pc and restarted it hoping this should be ok.Pc restarted ok but a box appears stating windows installation encountered an unexpected error click ok and restart pc to continue installation.I follow the step but all i see is at bottom of screen with Delete and F2 BIOS setup and same message appears.ie my pc gets into a loop.

How do i get my pc working again..or is pc useless now ?

Thank you

treblefree, Oct 8, 2020
  3. PC keeps restarting

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Have you made any changes prior to the issue?

The PC may restart automatically if the updates are being installed. If the updates are installed properly then follow the below methods and check if the issue persist.

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable automatic restart under system failure.
    This prevents Windows from automatically restarting if an error causes Windows to fail.
    Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer.

• Right click on My Computer/This PC and Select
      Properties.

• Click on Advanced system settings
      on the left navigation pane. (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Click on the Advanced
      tab.

• Under the Startup and Recovery,
      select Settings.

• Uncheck the option
      Automatic Restart under System failure.

• Click on OK button and close the window.
    Try to use the computer now for some time. Check if the computer is restarting now.

If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

• Press ‘Windows + X’ Keys on the keyboard.

• Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’ to bring up an elevated command prompt.

Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts for permission.

• In the command prompt type in the following commands one by one and then press
      Enter.
    sfc /scannow

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details
    are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 3:

I will suggest you to check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode with Networking. Follow the below steps:

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode:

• Search for Settings from the taskbar and select it from the search results.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the corresponding number.
    If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2:

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

Disclaimer: Please reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot by referring above article.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 8, 2020
  4. user2138 Win User

PC keeps restarting after PC turned of during reset

PC won't boot, keeps restarting

So I did something really stupid. I got a virus and I ran through a checklist I found on reddit to help get rid of it. Except, one of the steps told me to delete a registry key inside of something called Wow6432.node, but I accidentally deleted the whole thing.

I tried resetting my PC, but it told me "there was a problem resetting your computer"

Now, whenever I turn my computer on it just keeps restarting over and over. F8 and F12 no longer works so I can't boot from a USB.

Sorry for any typos, had to write this on my phone

user2138, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

PC keeps restarting after PC turned of during reset

1. PC keeps restarting after PC turned of during reset - Similar Threads - keeps restarting turned

2. PC keeps restarting after blackscreening during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps restarting after blackscreening during gaming: It would be great if someone could help me, I've been having ongoing issues with my PC, I recently got an RTX 4090 and afterwards my PC would just start randomly rebooting when I was playing a game, it was fine for a few weeks after I got the GPU and then it started, all my...
  3. PC keeps restarting after blackscreening during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps restarting after blackscreening during gaming: It would be great if someone could help me, I've been having ongoing issues with my PC, I recently got an RTX 4090 and afterwards my PC would just start randomly rebooting when I was playing a game, it was fine for a few weeks after I got the GPU and then it started, all my...
  4. PC keeps restarting after blackscreening during gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. After a Factory reset my pc keeps restarting

After a Factory reset my pc keeps restarting: I have a Lenovo Y710 Cube and have been meaning to give it a good clean. Anyhow, I tried resetting my pc with a clean install. Now after it went through the resetting process the system boots to the Lenovo boot screen with a revolving loading circle as usual, after about ten...
  6. After a Factory reset my pc keeps restarting

After a Factory reset my pc keeps restarting: I have a Lenovo Y710 Cube and have been meaning to give it a good clean. Anyhow, I tried resetting my pc with a clean install. Now after it went through the resetting process the system boots to the Lenovo boot screen with a revolving loading circle as usual, after about ten...
  7. After a factory reset to my pc it keeps restarting

After a factory reset to my pc it keeps restarting: Currently I have windows 10 and my pc had full memory so I decided to do a factory reset. Since then the pc keeps restarting without stopping and I have no idea what to do. When it turns on the cyberpower logo appears and then the screen goes black and the keyboard and mouse...
  8. PC not turning on after restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC not turning on after restarting: Hi, I restarted My pc and now my PC won't give signal to the moniter. this is happened before and I Sent it out to get repaired and they told me there was nothing wrong so they sent it back. now it's happen ending again where my computer lights turn on but my monitor says no...
  9. Pc turned off during reset

Pc turned off during reset: I was resetting my pc to sell then The screen froze and about 10 minutes later it turned off and now every time I turn it back on a page comes up saying my pc had an unexpected restart and says press ok to download windows and every time I press ok it does the same thing over...
  10. Pc keeps restarting after resetting network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pc keeps restarting after resetting network: My pc keeps restarting. It gets to the log in screen and takes a minute to load and a message comes up up windows encounter an error and your pc will restart. This all started after resetting my network....