Windows 10: PC keeps restarting before I can even boot into Windows

Discus and support PC keeps restarting before I can even boot into Windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was trying to update the drivers on my PC for my SSD, and this made it so that around 10 seconds after I boot into Windows, I get a BSOD. The error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by InfiniteBirds, Dec 3, 2023.

1. PC keeps restarting before I can even boot into Windows

I was trying to update the drivers on my PC for my SSD, and this made it so that around 10 seconds after I boot into Windows, I get a BSOD. The error code said "BAD_POOL_CALLER". We tried to uninstall Windows and reinstall it, and now I can't even boot into Windows anymore before getting a BSoD. The error codes are now "BAD_POOL_CALLER" and "KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION". I don't even have a restore point, and it says I can't finish installing Windows in Safe Mode when I try to turn on Safe Mode.

:)

InfiniteBirds, Dec 3, 2023

2. PC keeps restarting

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Have you made any changes prior to the issue?

The PC may restart automatically if the updates are being installed. If the updates are installed properly then follow the below methods and check if the issue persist.

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable automatic restart under system failure.
    This prevents Windows from automatically restarting if an error causes Windows to fail.
    Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer.

• Right click on My Computer/This PC and Select
      Properties.

• Click on Advanced system settings
      on the left navigation pane. (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Click on the Advanced
      tab.

• Under the Startup and Recovery,
      select Settings.

• Uncheck the option
      Automatic Restart under System failure.

• Click on OK button and close the window.
    Try to use the computer now for some time. Check if the computer is restarting now.

If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

• Press ‘Windows + X’ Keys on the keyboard.

• Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’ to bring up an elevated command prompt.

Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts for permission.

• In the command prompt type in the following commands one by one and then press
      Enter.
    sfc /scannow

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details
    are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 3:

I will suggest you to check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode with Networking. Follow the below steps:

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode:

• Search for Settings from the taskbar and select it from the search results.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the corresponding number.
    If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2:

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

Disclaimer: Please reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot by referring above article.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 3, 2023
  3. techbuzz Win User
    MBR keeps corrupting after restart

I have a machine that when restarted or allowed to go into hibernation, I receive a missing/corrupted master boot record message and Windows doesn't boot. I am able to successfully repair the MBR each time using Windows recovery console, but I'm unable to determine what keeps making it happen.

Dell Latitude E6420
    Windows 7 64bit

Steps performed so far: -besides fixing the MBR after each restart or hibernation
    -ran system file checker sfc /scannow
    -ran chkdsk
    -verified that ACHI was enabled in the bios

If I can't figure this out I will end up just reinstalling the operating system, but I worried that the issue with just reoccur later down the line. Any advice/recommendations would be much appreciated.

techbuzz, Dec 3, 2023
  4. PC keeps restarting before I can even boot into Windows

MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

PC keeps restarting before I can even boot into Windows

1. PC keeps restarting before I can even boot into Windows - Similar Threads - keeps restarting before

2. Ok my pc keeps restarting and I cant even boot up to advanced options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ok my pc keeps restarting and I cant even boot up to advanced options: So I was resetting the PC and I forgot to turn on reinstall windows options after i reset the PC it comes up 2 operations they both are same but when I click on onr it keeps restarting and again and again I tried the diagnostics but it still didn't work when I try to boot up...
  3. Ok my pc keeps restarting and I cant even boot up to advanced options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ok my pc keeps restarting and I cant even boot up to advanced options: So I was resetting the PC and I forgot to turn on reinstall windows options after i reset the PC it comes up 2 operations they both are same but when I click on onr it keeps restarting and again and again I tried the diagnostics but it still didn't work when I try to boot up...
  4. PC keeps restarting before I can even boot into Windows

PC keeps restarting before I can even boot into Windows: I was trying to update the drivers on my PC for my SSD, and this made it so that around 10 seconds after I boot into Windows, I get a BSOD. The error code said "BAD_POOL_CALLER". We tried to uninstall Windows and reinstall it, and now I can't even boot into Windows anymore...
  5. Pc keeps restarting even in new windows install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps restarting even in new windows install: I got a new cpu but the same modal as the one in had originally had other issues with that one I started it up it ran for like 2 mins before restarting without warning.I have tried most things on online regarding this issue and finally I decided to do a clean installation of...
  6. Pc keeps restarting even in new windows install

Pc keeps restarting even in new windows install: I got a new cpu but the same modal as the one in had originally had other issues with that one I started it up it ran for like 2 mins before restarting without warning.I have tried most things on online regarding this issue and finally I decided to do a clean installation of...
  7. Pc keeps restarting even in new windows install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. PC Keeps restarting after boot into windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Keeps restarting after boot into windows: So just recently after when windows had a bad install on my SSD and i wiped and reinstalled windows, my computer out of nowhere keeps restarting and sometimes will load into Automatic Repair, i don’t know if this is either a windows problem or a hardware problem, but it keeps...
  9. PC Keeps restarting after boot into windows

PC Keeps restarting after boot into windows: So just recently after when windows had a bad install on my SSD and i wiped and reinstalled windows, my computer out of nowhere keeps restarting and sometimes will load into Automatic Repair, i don’t know if this is either a windows problem or a hardware problem, but it keeps...
  10. PC keeps rebooting before I can go to safemode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps rebooting before I can go to safemode: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_AK_Production [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds5sjm/pc_keeps_rebooting_before_i_can_go_to_safemode/