Windows 10: PC keeps restarting, No Sound

Discus and support PC keeps restarting, No Sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I only have memory dumps. I will keep this short as I don't know when my PC will restart again. I took a month vacation, forgot to unplug my rig, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Roxaereon, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Roxaereon Win User

PC keeps restarting, No Sound

I only have memory dumps. I will keep this short as I don't know when my PC will restart again.

I took a month vacation, forgot to unplug my rig, a thunderstorm happened.

When I returned, I tried to turn on my PC but my GPU wasn't working, so I went with it and just watched YT videos. I had to go somewhere so I left my PC logged out. When I returned after a few hours, my sound is no longer working and my speakers are not being detected. I only have Realtek Digital Audio or something like that. When I tinkered with my rig a bit, my pc froze and rebooted. The GPU started working again but still I have no sound. Also, sometimes my rig doesn't turn on when I press the On button. I left again for the weekend, and now my PC keeps restarting randomly. What could be the problem? Could it be my PSU?

DUMP: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16HQ_B8B12L_MM_ErmSCYXErrLaUySnMG/view?usp=sharing

:)

Roxaereon, Aug 13, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue PC keeps restarting, No Sound :p

cadaveca, Aug 13, 2018
  3. PC keeps restarting

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Have you made any changes prior to the issue?

The PC may restart automatically if the updates are being installed. If the updates are installed properly then follow the below methods and check if the issue persist.

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable automatic restart under system failure.
    This prevents Windows from automatically restarting if an error causes Windows to fail.
    Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer.

• Right click on My Computer/This PC and Select
      Properties.

• Click on Advanced system settings
      on the left navigation pane. (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Click on the Advanced
      tab.

• Under the Startup and Recovery,
      select Settings.

• Uncheck the option
      Automatic Restart under System failure.

• Click on OK button and close the window.
    Try to use the computer now for some time. Check if the computer is restarting now.

If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

• Press ‘Windows + X’ Keys on the keyboard.

• Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’ to bring up an elevated command prompt.

Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts for permission.

• In the command prompt type in the following commands one by one and then press
      Enter.
    sfc /scannow

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details
    are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 3:

I will suggest you to check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode with Networking. Follow the below steps:

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode:

• Search for Settings from the taskbar and select it from the search results.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the corresponding number.
    If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2:

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

Disclaimer: Please reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot by referring above article.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 13, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

1. PC keeps restarting, No Sound - Similar Threads - keeps restarting Sound

2. PC KEEPS RESTARTING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC KEEPS RESTARTING: Have a blue screen of death issue where the PC keeps restarting. Can't get into safe mode. PLEASE HELP!!!Says your device ran into a problem and needs to restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-restarting/e5f7975e-1af5-45a9-bed9-dc6814950e39
  3. PC keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps restarting: PC keeps restarting on its own. I've finally gotten it to troubleshoot but it tried to do an automatic recovery fix thing and it continued to restart. Now I've gotten it to a point where I can troubleshoot it myself but it will not let me to enable safe mode on the start up...
  4. PC keeps on restarting.

PC keeps on restarting.: I have laptop which is having trouble for 2 days now. It keeps on restarting when I enter my password and it will says welcome then restart again. It will take time to restart as if it is thinking then do nothing at all. It will ask for my password again and do the exact same...
  5. PC keeps on restarting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps on restarting.: I have laptop which is having trouble for 2 days now. It keeps on restarting when I enter my password and it will says welcome then restart again. It will take time to restart as if it is thinking then do nothing at all. It will ask for my password again and do the exact same...
  6. PC keep on restarting

PC keep on restarting: this is a DMP filehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/15ul3z19pwdZAboZjKuVIFhSnGEoYQv-L/view?usp=sharingbest regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keep-on-restarting/0e6878d9-23f4-45a6-8457-ceccb2bc5547
  7. PC keeps restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps restarting: I just built my pc and for 2 days it's been restarting on its own. The tower stays on but the mouse, keyboard, and monitor turn off then it shows the splash screen and boots up, but once it's in the desktop it allows me to use it for about 2-3 minutes then it'll restart and...
  8. PC keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC keeps restarting: Hi My pc keeps restarting. I have CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS Wi-Fi Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo Series 16GB2 x 8GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 Dual Channel Memory Kit 1.35V GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 The Bug check analysis says...
  9. PC keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps restarting: Hello my pc keeps restarting over and over. And yes i did some research on google, some people say that it may be RAM modules not working, so i took one module out and same problem swapped another one, and still same problem,so it's not with RAM. Some say it may be BIOS...
  10. Pc keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc keeps restarting: After updating to Windows 10 it worked fine for 2 days and now my pc keep restarting itself when I try to do something, usually around 5 minutes after startup. I have turned off the "restart if crash" but it hadn't helped please help me I am in urgent need for my pc for...