Windows 10: Pc keeps restarting/starting without signal on the monitor.

Discus and support Pc keeps restarting/starting without signal on the monitor. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I am experiencing a big problem with my pc. Sometimes it will just restart over and over and only show the biosi think its the bios on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrAndrei, Sep 29, 2021.

1. ChrAndrei Win User

Pc keeps restarting/starting without signal on the monitor.

Hello. I am experiencing a big problem with my pc. Sometimes it will just restart over and over and only show the biosi think its the bios on the screen like 0.5 seconds then proceed to continue restarting. Other times,it will boot up normally,like everything works,but there is no signal on the screen.And now,like 1-2 days ago,i was trying to get into a game,and my monitor was just losing signal unable to turn it on back only if i restarted the pc. The only solution i came up with and seems to work is switching ram from port 1 to port 3 and the other stick to port 3 to port 1. This seems to

:)

ChrAndrei, Sep 29, 2021
  2. Mark Isi Win User

external monitor reads no signal from pc was working then stopped

Hi Alfred,

There may be a number of reasons for this type of issue to occur. For us to further assess on this, kindly provide answers to the following questions below:

• When did this issue start to occur?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What is the error message that you are seeing on the screen?
    • How many monitor/s is/are connected to your PC?
    Please advise. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Sep 29, 2021
  3. Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

HDMI Pass-Through does not work with all devices. Before attempting to set up an HDMI Pass-Through connection, you should make sure the source of the signal such as a Blu-ray player or Set Top Box, supports HDMI Pass-Through.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Did you try a different HDMI cable to connect your PC to the monitor?
    2. When you say "my pc will not display to my monitor", are you able to see any error message on it? For example: 'No signal'.

Meanwhile, try the below suggestions and check if this helps.

• If your monitor has an option in the Menu Button to switch the
      Input Source to HDMI Port, I would suggest you to try it.
    • Try completely disconnecting your Xbox from the computer and just connect your computer to the monitor and check if you are able to see the display on the monitor.
    • Make sure your display is plugged in and turned on.
    • Unplug the video cable from both your display and PC, and then reconnect them firmly. After you reconnect the video cable, try moving your mouse on your display.
    • Try connecting to different video outputs on your PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent to a different display adapter or output.
    • If you have your own display adapter installed and connected to your display,
      try connecting your display to the built-in video on the motherboard.
    • Check for damaged HDMI cable, loose connections, or faulty adapters.

Hope it helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 29, 2021
  4. Pc keeps restarting/starting without signal on the monitor.

PC windows 10 keeps restarting

Hello Cynthia,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the PCs you are using?
    • Did you make any changes to the PC prior to the issue?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to boot the computer in safe mode with networking, and check if the issue still persists. This is a diagnostic step towards identifying and isolating the possible cause/s of the issue.

Safe Mode With Networking:

Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words
    Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you're using.

Refer: Start your PC in safe
    mode in Windows 10

Refer to the section From the Sign-in screen

If you are able to start the PC normally this time. Use the following steps to disable automatic restart in Windows on system failure.

• At "Start" -> "This PC" --> right click on "Properties", and then tap "Advanced system settings".
    • In Advanced, click on "Settings" for Startup and Recovery.
    • In the Startup and Recovery window, uncheck the Automatically restart check box.
    • Click OK.

• Now if the computer generates an error, it should not automatically restart

Once this is done, reboot the computer in normal mode and check.

Let us know the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 29, 2021
Thema:

Pc keeps restarting/starting without signal on the monitor.

1. Pc keeps restarting/starting without signal on the monitor. - Similar Threads - keeps restarting starting

2. My pc monitor keeps losing signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc monitor keeps losing signal.: So it just somtimes randomly loses signal and then mabye a minute later it comes back on. It very stranger I have tried reseting pc and also checked to see if any loose connections.all driver are updated I am so confused.when I boot up just before the login screen it loses...
  3. My pc monitor keeps losing signal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc monitor keeps losing signal.: So it just somtimes randomly loses signal and then mabye a minute later it comes back on. It very stranger I have tried reseting pc and also checked to see if any loose connections.all driver are updated I am so confused.when I boot up just before the login screen it loses...
  4. My pc monitor keeps losing signal.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Pc on but no signal to monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc on but no signal to monitor.: I got a 2nd hand pc just recently and I decided to play on it for a bit. It was working fine for a few hours but then it suddenly crashed and had to restart. I restarted it but then it got stuck on the boot screen so I force restarted. Now the pc is onLights,fans etc. On but...
  6. Pc on but no signal to monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc on but no signal to monitor.: I got a 2nd hand pc just recently and I decided to play on it for a bit. It was working fine for a few hours but then it suddenly crashed and had to restart. I restarted it but then it got stuck on the boot screen so I force restarted. Now the pc is onLights,fans etc. On but...
  7. Pc on but no signal to monitor.

8. “No signal” on monitor every time I restart my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “No signal” on monitor every time I restart my PC?: So i’m currently in the beginning stages of an online Comptia A+ course which is cool, but I’m struggling because every time I shut off my pc and start it up the next day, I get absolutely no image at all and my monitor displays “no signal” and then shuts off after a couple...
  9. Pc starting but no power/signal to keyboard, mouse or monitor

Pc starting but no power/signal to keyboard, mouse or monitor: Hi, So I've had my gaming pc for a while now. It runs fine but recently did a factory reset and followed this guide afterwards;ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJTCwSX9Ym8&list=WL&index=5&t=0s it was fine and so I left it on just downloading a game a few days later, nothing...
  10. pc monitor randomly goes blank without signal error?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    pc monitor randomly goes blank without signal error?: This happens rarely but, when it does I don't get the normal (no signal error) the graphics card is not over heating and if I turn power off to pc then turn back on it's fine for months? Thanks for any ideas! *Smile 143230