Windows 10: PC keeps shutting down by itself after Windows update

Discus and support PC keeps shutting down by itself after Windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have Dell Inspirion N5010 and after last Windows update in start of December it keeps turning off by itself already even every 5 minutes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ElvijsE, Dec 28, 2018.

1. ElvijsE Win User

PC keeps shutting down by itself after Windows update

I have Dell Inspirion N5010 and after last Windows update in start of December it keeps turning off by itself already even every 5 minutes.

:)

ElvijsE, Dec 28, 2018
  2. TC-man Win User

Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Dec 28, 2018
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Computer keeps shutting down

Hi,

For us to get a better grasp of your query, please provide the following:

• Error message that you receive
    • Basic troubleshooting steps taken
    In the meantime, I suggest that you follow the instructions provided on this
    link

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Dec 28, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PC keeps shutting down by itself after Windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

1. PC keeps shutting down by itself after Windows update - Similar Threads - keeps shutting down

2. PC turns itself back on after shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns itself back on after shut down: Happened to me this morning, i got off my computer and clicked on shutdown and immediately after it restarted. I retried shutting it down today but it just restarts....
  3. PC turns itself back on after shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns itself back on after shut down: Happened to me this morning, i got off my computer and clicked on shutdown and immediately after it restarted. I retried shutting it down today but it just restarts....
  4. PC turns itself back on after shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Pc kept shutting down by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc kept shutting down by itself: My pc has been shutting down by itself for the last week, whenever the PC crash, the light and everything inside the PC is still working fine but the monitor and my kb/m were shut down in the process. Sometimes it would still shut down by itself when I'm not even doing...
  6. Pc kept shutting down by itself

Pc kept shutting down by itself: My pc has been shutting down by itself for the last week, whenever the PC crash, the light and everything inside the PC is still working fine but the monitor and my kb/m were shut down in the process. Sometimes it would still shut down by itself when I'm not even doing...
  7. Windows keeps shutting itself down overnight

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows keeps shutting itself down overnight: I am having an issue whereby my PC is consistently shutting itself down overnight without my permission, I believe the source of the problem is the PC attempting unsuccessfully to install Windows Updates. I can see from my'Windows Update settings' utility that some updates...
  8. laptop keeps shutting itself down?

laptop keeps shutting itself down?: i have windows 10 my laptop shuts down by itself all the time, but ive noticed 2 patterns in this 1st one is that it shuts itself down immediatly after it goes into low power mode yknow like when its below 20% or whenever it goes into low power mode, ir doesnt even give me...
  9. My PC keeps shutting down itself!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps shutting down itself!: Yesterday I bought a 320GB HDD and installed Windows 10 Pro on it on my PC. Everything was smooth and good on my PC, but today it shutted down itself without saying and noticing anything! It shutted down like unplugging it while working. I controlled EVERY wire that are...
  10. PC shuts down and reboots by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shuts down and reboots by itself: Hello guys! Recently i ran into a pretty unusual problem with my pc. My computer will run for some timesometimes 5 minutes sometimes a few hours and then randomly shut down with the shutting down screen from windows 10.After it shuts down, it reboots itself and continues to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update keeps shutting my laptop down

2. pc keeps shutting down after windows update