Windows 10: PC keeps shutting down ERROR 41

Discus and support PC keeps shutting down ERROR 41 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, A few days ago my PC started turning off by itself. No error message appears, so I checked event viewer which shows CRITICAL ERROR 41 and other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skeetz, May 29, 2020.

1. skeetz Win User

PC keeps shutting down ERROR 41

Hi,

A few days ago my PC started turning off by itself.
    No error message appears, so I checked event viewer
    which shows CRITICAL ERROR 41 and other errors.
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused
    if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

winver 1909 BUILD 18363.836
    specs are attached

I googled the error and tried some things it suggested.

Customize Power Settings settings set to NEVER/NEVER
    Update All Drivers DONE
    Turn Off Fast Startup DONE
    Checked overheating with speedfan. I attached ss of the temps.
    GPU appears to be overheating and this is where I need help.

I have no knowledge in this area. Don't know what to do to
    resolve this issue. Hoping somebody here would be able
    to help me.

Thanks so much

:)

skeetz, May 29, 2020

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 29, 2020
  3. Michelle Vil, May 29, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

Event 41, Karnel - Power

Hello,

The Event 41 is used to report the unexpected shutting down of a device. For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer? If yes, can you tell us the changes?

Meanwhile, we recommend following the workaround on this link. The article
    is about Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. PC keeps shutting down ERROR 41 - Similar Threads - keeps shutting down

2. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!: Dear PC Experts,This is really odd. Today when I turned on the M710e PC, the computer kept on restarting and shutting down. You can see in the below recording,https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JUj5Tz7-dZAjvkQ7YVHu-Coo34K82gVB/view?usp=sharingIn the recording you can see the...
  3. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!: Dear PC Experts,This is really odd. Today when I turned on the M710e PC, the computer kept on restarting and shutting down. You can see in the below recording,https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JUj5Tz7-dZAjvkQ7YVHu-Coo34K82gVB/view?usp=sharingIn the recording you can see the...
  4. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps shutting down: Good day my pc keeps shutting down while running I switch it on the after few minutes it will say pc run into problems error then it's shows the stop code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-shutting-down/a5f4c20c-690d-41b5-be21-ad9e464e0784
  6. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps shutting down: Good day my pc keeps shutting down while running I switch it on the after few minutes it will say pc run into problems error then it's shows the stop code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-shutting-down/a5f4c20c-690d-41b5-be21-ad9e464e0784
  7. PC keeps shutting down

8. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps shutting down: For some reason lately, everytime I put my pc into rest mode and after like a few minutes of it being in sleep mode, it just turns off for some reason. It has never done this before and I didn’t touch anything in my pc or bios. Anyone know what to do? submitted by /u/ent1pe...
  9. PC keeps shutting down randomly

PC keeps shutting down randomly: My PC keeps saying it ran into a problem and needs to restart. It then restarts out of the blue and says the error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  10. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps shutting down: My win 10 pc keeps shutting down when left inactive for any length of time. I have checked the power options page, see screenshot [img] Is there anything here that I need to change? Thanks in advance. I have just disabled hybrid sleep to see if this solves the...