Windows 10: PC keeps shutting down randomly

Discus and support PC keeps shutting down randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC keeps saying it ran into a problem and needs to restart. It then restarts out of the blue and says the error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jmphillips100, Nov 8, 2019.

1. PC keeps shutting down randomly

My PC keeps saying it ran into a problem and needs to restart. It then restarts out of the blue and says the error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

jmphillips100, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

HP Notebook shuts down randomly

Hi David,

It is possible that your Notebook shut downs randomly due to corruptions. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Are you referring to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow that steps in this
    article
    to scan for corruptions and restore corrupted system files. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you perform the instructions to restore Windows corruptions error by clicking on this

link

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Nov 8, 2019
  4. PC keeps shutting down randomly

Phone keeps randomly shutting off

I dropped my Windows 8 phone, and now it keeps randomly shutting off. It will turn back on, and work for a little bit, then shut off again. Should I try to reset my whole phone?

Kelsey Lewis, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

PC keeps shutting down randomly

1. PC keeps shutting down randomly - Similar Threads - keeps shutting down

2. PC randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly shutting down: this is the error code im getting in full : Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 117 Parameter 1: ffff9b028f818060 Parameter 2: fffff8071bbf6b34 Parameter 3: 0...
  3. Random shut-down

Random shut-down: My PC keeps shutting down frequently (Windows 10 - temperature OK) with an ID41 kernel power critical error. So far I have been able to find no help at all. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-shut-down/c98828d8-f931-4eb1-9531-9cb8dc10341a
  4. Random Shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Shutting down: Recently, my laptop was turning off while charging and now, unplugged, it turns off immediately after turning on with a full battery. It's an Asus laptop that I've only had for about a year and only recently started having issues....
  5. Keeps Shutting Down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keeps Shutting Down: Hi, For about 3 days my laptop keeps shutting down on it;s own. I have tried several ways to stop it: REGEDIT Windows Defenders Scans Antivirus Scans (McAfee) and Microsoft Safety Scanner None of them have founds anything in the system. How can I fix this problem?...
  6. CMD shutting down my pc randomly

CMD shutting down my pc randomly: After some seconds a cmd opens and my pc shutts off, I know that isnt any hardware problem because in other users it it runs fine. I'll try to link a video of it soon....
  7. PC randomly shuts down then reboots

PC randomly shuts down then reboots: Hey, So my pc has recently been completely randomly crashing to a black screen then rebooting. It has mostly occurred when i have been playing games and i cannot seem to find what is is for the life of me. I initially thought it might be my cpu overheating as it was...
  8. Randomly shuts down

Randomly shuts down: Hello, this problem started since I bought my laptop (already has windows 10 on it) It shuts down A LOT. The blue screen shows up sometimes but it just restart w/out the blue screen thing randomly! I've been playing Sims 4 and it's really annoying because I have to save...
  9. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps shutting down: My win 10 pc keeps shutting down when left inactive for any length of time. I have checked the power options page, see screenshot [img] Is there anything here that I need to change? Thanks in advance. I have just disabled hybrid sleep to see if this solves the...
  10. PC randomly shuts down.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC randomly shuts down.: Hi, I have a dell xps 8300 running windows 10 pro v1511 which was clean installed a few weeks ago. Sometimes when I cold boot my computer the computer shuts down unexpectedly on the windows 10 splash screen. I have unplugged everything from my PSU apart from my windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc randomly shuts down after latest update nov 2019