Windows 10: PC keeps shutting down randomly

Discus and support PC keeps shutting down randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC keeps saying it ran into a problem and needs to restart. It then restarts out of the blue and says the error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jmphillips100, Nov 8, 2019.

1. PC keeps shutting down randomly

My PC keeps saying it ran into a problem and needs to restart. It then restarts out of the blue and says the error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

jmphillips100, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

HP Notebook shuts down randomly

Hi David,

It is possible that your Notebook shut downs randomly due to corruptions. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Are you referring to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow that steps in this
    article
    to scan for corruptions and restore corrupted system files. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you perform the instructions to restore Windows corruptions error by clicking on this

link

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Nov 8, 2019
  4. PC keeps shutting down randomly

Phone keeps randomly shutting off

I dropped my Windows 8 phone, and now it keeps randomly shutting off. It will turn back on, and work for a little bit, then shut off again. Should I try to reset my whole phone?

Kelsey Lewis, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

PC keeps shutting down randomly

1. PC keeps shutting down randomly - Similar Threads - keeps shutting down

2. Pc shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shutting down randomly: I've had some frequent issues with this in the past and it has started happening again. My pc after or in-between games decides to make the screen pitch black and it just stops working altogether with the fans at max speed until I force the pc to shut off completely, I have...
  3. Pc shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc shutting down randomly: I've had some frequent issues with this in the past and it has started happening again. My pc after or in-between games decides to make the screen pitch black and it just stops working altogether with the fans at max speed until I force the pc to shut off completely, I have...
  4. PC Shuts down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Shuts down randomly: Hello. my PC has a weird problem for the last month and i dont know if i need to point on the PSU, RAM or GPUEverytime i watch youtube at fullscreen my pc cuts off with no error or event that explains it on the Event Viewer in addition to that, the Event Viewer does not log 5...
  5. pc keeps randomly shutting down and then rebooting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc keeps randomly shutting down and then rebooting.: hi all for about 2 weeks my pc keeps shutting down and restarting randomly with usually no dump file. it mainly accures when i boot my pc and up until i get to the desktop. i've tried sfc scans, repair upgrade, setting my bios to defult settings, turning off fast startup and...
  6. pc keeps randomly shutting down and then rebooting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc keeps randomly shutting down and then rebooting.: hi all for about 2 weeks my pc keeps shutting down and restarting randomly with usually no dump file. it mainly accures when i boot my pc and up until i get to the desktop. i've tried sfc scans, repair upgrade, setting my bios to defult settings, turning off fast startup and...
  7. PC randomly shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly shuts down: Let’s start off with specsGPU: GTX 1660 SuperCPU: AMD 2600RAM: T-Force 16-2400 ramAlright. Now, onto the problem. A week or two ago, a problem happened where my pc would shut down when I was playing games and when I tried to turn it back on, it turned back on and shut down a...
  8. Random pc shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random pc shut down: Am Edward my laptop randomly shuts down after booting when it come back on a blue screen appears with information code processor died have tried everything but the laptop keeps shutting down...
  9. PC randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly shutting down: this is the error code im getting in full : Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 117 Parameter 1: ffff9b028f818060 Parameter 2: fffff8071bbf6b34 Parameter 3: 0...
  10. PC randomly shuts down.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC randomly shuts down.: Hi, I have a dell xps 8300 running windows 10 pro v1511 which was clean installed a few weeks ago. Sometimes when I cold boot my computer the computer shuts down unexpectedly on the windows 10 splash screen. I have unplugged everything from my PSU apart from my windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc randomly shuts down after latest update nov 2019