Windows 10: PC keeps shutting down

Discus and support PC keeps shutting down in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good day my pc keeps shutting down while running I switch it on the after few minutes it will say pc run into problems error then it's shows the stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by takakani Douglas, Sep 8, 2022.

1. PC keeps shutting down

Good day my pc keeps shutting down while running I switch it on the after few minutes it will say pc run into problems error then it's shows the stop code

:)

takakani Douglas, Sep 8, 2022
  2. AndreePin Win User

Computer keeps shutting down

Hi,

For us to get a better grasp of your query, please provide the following:

• Error message that you receive
    • Basic troubleshooting steps taken
    In the meantime, I suggest that you follow the instructions provided on this
    link

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Sep 8, 2022
  3. PC Keeps Shutting down by itself

Thanks Dalchina.

The PC shuts down abruptly in that it says it is shutting down and it shuts down. It seems like it is performing a good shut down. The problem is getting it restarted. I am typing this on a different machine as I cannot get the desktop to start up again. It will get to various points, ie the login screen, I get past the login in screen and then it shuts down. As of right now, when it shuts down, it then goes into the loop I found it in yesterday. It keeps trying to start up but there is no post and the machine goes dead and then a few seconds later, it tries to power up. Annoying.

I will try your suggestions if I can get it to start up again. I have not run any of the tests you suggested. I did do a reset when I had it up and running for about 30 minutes and shortly after the reset, it shut down and then started looping... trying to start, powering down, over and over.

I have not made any changes to RAM. I did remove the two RAM sticks and then reseat them. When I replaced them, I swapped them. That should not matter as they are both 4Gb sticks.

I have had issues with this PC. The power supply died a few months ago and I had it replaced by a technician. It was running fine until the past couple of days.

I am not over clocking

Is there a program that will create a boot disk with the OS on it? I wan to give that a try.

bpatters69, Sep 8, 2022
  4. PC keeps shutting down

edge keeps shutting down

Hi Darrell,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if the Edge works fine:

Method 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.
    • Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    Method 2:

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.

• Click the Tools
                button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the
                Connections
                tab, and then click LAN settings.

• Uncheck the box next to “proxy server for your LAN”.

• Click on OK to save the setting and close window.
    Now check the issue by opening Edge.

Method 3:

Follow the below steps:

•Open PowerShell as administrator.

•Run the command

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 8, 2022
Thema:

PC keeps shutting down

1. PC keeps shutting down - Similar Threads - keeps shutting down

2. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!: Dear PC Experts,This is really odd. Today when I turned on the M710e PC, the computer kept on restarting and shutting down. You can see in the below recording,https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JUj5Tz7-dZAjvkQ7YVHu-Coo34K82gVB/view?usp=sharingIn the recording you can see the...
  3. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!: Dear PC Experts,This is really odd. Today when I turned on the M710e PC, the computer kept on restarting and shutting down. You can see in the below recording,https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JUj5Tz7-dZAjvkQ7YVHu-Coo34K82gVB/view?usp=sharingIn the recording you can see the...
  4. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps shutting down: Good day my pc keeps shutting down while running I switch it on the after few minutes it will say pc run into problems error then it's shows the stop code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-shutting-down/a5f4c20c-690d-41b5-be21-ad9e464e0784
  6. PC keeps shutting down

PC keeps shutting down: Good day my pc keeps shutting down while running I switch it on the after few minutes it will say pc run into problems error then it's shows the stop code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-shutting-down/a5f4c20c-690d-41b5-be21-ad9e464e0784
  7. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps shutting down: For some reason lately, everytime I put my pc into rest mode and after like a few minutes of it being in sleep mode, it just turns off for some reason. It has never done this before and I didn’t touch anything in my pc or bios. Anyone know what to do? submitted by /u/ent1pe...
  8. PC keeps shutting down randomly

PC keeps shutting down randomly: My PC keeps saying it ran into a problem and needs to restart. It then restarts out of the blue and says the error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. Keeps Shutting Down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keeps Shutting Down: Hi, For about 3 days my laptop keeps shutting down on it;s own. I have tried several ways to stop it: REGEDIT Windows Defenders Scans Antivirus Scans (McAfee) and Microsoft Safety Scanner None of them have founds anything in the system. How can I fix this problem?...
  10. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps shutting down: My win 10 pc keeps shutting down when left inactive for any length of time. I have checked the power options page, see screenshot [img] Is there anything here that I need to change? Thanks in advance. I have just disabled hybrid sleep to see if this solves the...