Windows 10: PC keeps switching off and CMOS reset did not work.

Discus and support PC keeps switching off and CMOS reset did not work. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; ContextI wanted to change some BIOS settings so I could install Windows 11. - I enabled Intel Platform Trust Technology PTT on my GA-B250M-DS3H... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Loden_Portier, Jul 16, 2021.

1. PC keeps switching off and CMOS reset did not work.

ContextI wanted to change some BIOS settings so I could install Windows 11. - I enabled Intel Platform Trust Technology PTT on my GA-B250M-DS3H motherboard BIOS settings, and it worked fine. - I enabled Secure Boot without any issues neither.- But then after restarting the computer, I also changed Secure Boot Mode from Custom to StandardProblemThe last step is where things went wrong. My PC keeps switching off and on every 10 seconds. I see a black screen.What I've tried so far:I've tried to jumper cap the CLR_CMOS on the board. Unplugging, hitting start button a few times, touch the 2 meta

:)

Loden_Portier, Jul 16, 2021
  2. vgchat Win User

Resetting Bios Password

Follow these steps.

1. Power off the system & unplug the power cord, flip the power switch, hard reset the cmos by removing the battery for a couple of minutes (1-2 minutes).
    2. Flip the switch & power it back on for a little bit then shut it back down (give it the amount of time you normally would allow it to boot up to windows login).
    3. Reseat the cmos battery & power on the system.

After you've finished them all, reseat the battery & start it up. I've done this countless times. To unlatch & grab the battery, tweezers work good.

vgchat, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Zurb Win User
    extend reset cmos

I have a Abit kv8 pro 3rd-eye mobo. And the problem is that my reset cmos jumper is right under my Gfx *Bang Head :banghead: So I wonder... can I extend it? Or will bad things happen? I was thinking: maybe a switch on my case*Confused PC keeps switching off and CMOS reset did not work. :confused:

4. PC keeps switching off and CMOS reset did not work.

Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

PC keeps switching off and CMOS reset did not work.

1. PC keeps switching off and CMOS reset did not work. - Similar Threads - keeps switching off

2. BSODs after CMOS reset and factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs after CMOS reset and factory reset: In May this year I bought a second hand custombuilt pc, and after a few months it started getting BSODs pretty often. I tried tweaking some bios settings, most of the time lowering the dram frequency would fix it for a couple of days but the same problem would come back soon...
  3. BSODs after CMOS reset and factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs after CMOS reset and factory reset: In May this year I bought a second hand custombuilt pc, and after a few months it started getting BSODs pretty often. I tried tweaking some bios settings, most of the time lowering the dram frequency would fix it for a couple of days but the same problem would come back soon...
  4. Switching off PC, but light keep on in some part.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Switching off PC, but light keep on in some part.: Switching off PC, using Shut down from the menu, but light keep on in some part, even overnight.This light keeps on even when unplug the PC from the mains. I wonder if this have any bad effect on the PC.Please let me know the reason for that problem and how to solve it?Thank...
  5. Switching off PC, but light keep on in some part.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching off PC, but light keep on in some part.: Switching off PC, using Shut down from the menu, but light keep on in some part, even overnight.This light keeps on even when unplug the PC from the mains. I wonder if this have any bad effect on the PC.Please let me know the reason for that problem and how to solve it?Thank...
  6. Switching off PC, but light keep on in some part.

7. GameDVR keeps switching off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GameDVR keeps switching off.: Hi, I've been looking for the past day or so, and tried literally every solution under the sun, registry editing (CurrentVersion/GameDVR, and the GameConfigStore), I've tried fixing and resetting the xbox app, the gamebar app, and the xbox companion, I've deleted and...
  8. BITS keep switching off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BITS keep switching off: Hello. I have Windows 10 Home. Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.207). PROBLEM: Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS), keeps switching off. I can manually switch on to automatic, apply and OK...and then after a minute or so it simply reverts to switching off. I had...
  9. Cannot enter a working bios without resetting cmos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot enter a working bios without resetting cmos: Hi, last week I was trying to boot a device from USB and so I tried entering the boot menu while turning on the PC. I was unable to do so regardless of my attempts (even using a different keyboard and plugging it to the top-left port as I've seen suggested on some other...
  10. Cortana wont work switch keeps going to off

Cortana wont work switch keeps going to off: Just upgraded my Win 8.1 pro EN-GB using media tool and I cant search or get cortana to work. It worked fine in the Insider Preview. Anyone got any ideas ? Going to check regional settings now but I dont thing its that. Tim 10485