Windows 10: PC keeps trying to import unmodified versions of my photos on my phone

Discus and support PC keeps trying to import unmodified versions of my photos on my phone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi so you'd think it'd be pretty straight forward importing photos from the IPhone to a PC, well I ran into a slight problem in that when I was trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pangolin keyboard, Mar 26, 2020.

1. PC keeps trying to import unmodified versions of my photos on my phone

Hi so you'd think it'd be pretty straight forward importing photos from the IPhone to a PC, well I ran into a slight problem in that when I was trying to import, I discovered that the computer was importing the unmodified/original versions of the photos... for instance if in the phone I cropped the photo, it would import uncropped, or import the untrimmed version of a video. Is there a way to make sure that when I import that it imports the "Newer"/ "edited" versions of my photos and videos? Also I found that the photos being imported included photos that were in my Phone-photo-in-app rubbish bin.... anyway to prevent the PC from "digging" through my photo rubbish bin and trying to import those photos too???

Thanks in advance for your help

:)

pangolin keyboard, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Javo Win User

iPhone Photos import to Windows 10 PC not working

I would like to troubleshoot my inability to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. I am an advanced user struggling to find relevant help on the internet since most results are unusable masked adverts for paid third party software.

I want to use it the following way

1. connect iPhone via USB to my Windows 10 PC
    2. open Microsoft "Photos" app
    3. click in the upper right on import > add from the device over USB
    4. select all photos and click import

4th step is where it fails, with no usable message.

• I have set the device as trusted on iPhone
    • I mostly don't see it in My Computer, therefore I cannot just copy
    • I tried uninstalling every driver and iTunes software
    • Despite not being visible in Windows Explorer, iTunes can always access the contents with no issue
    • it has a tiny moments when it starts working, but overall import fails sooner or later and never copies all 3k photos. Mostly MSPhotos don't show any content, just failure message, sometimes it shows it's content and acts as I can select what to import, but as described fails sooner or later
    • iTunes can successfully copy entire phone.

Other attempts
    • I tried multiple free 3rd party SW, all of them either failed or seemed like to be usable only after buying their extended version
    • I tried using iTunes for Syncing the Photos
      • I maybe don't know how to use it, or it is faulty too. But I've set the directory where my Photos should be synced, but sync seems to just backup the phone and creates tiny 'Photo Database file', but no photo actually gets copied onto PC.

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to import photos from Android device

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• How are you trying to import the photos?
    • Do you receive any error message/code when trying to import the photos? If yes, what is the error message?
    • When you say, “photos previously - some are now corrupt or cannot be opened”, what is the complete error message that you receive?
    • Which program are you using to open the photos?

To import photos, you may refer the section Android devices from the article

Import photos and videos from phone to PC

You may try restoring the files to a previous version and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Navigate to the location where the photos are stored.
    2. Right click on the folder and select Restore previous version.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

PC keeps trying to import unmodified versions of my photos on my phone

"import" doesn't show up in Photos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to import photos in the Photos App from your iPhone. Please let us know the details:

• Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • Were you able to import the photos earlier?

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Import photos and videos from phone to PC
    and

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
    to import photos to your PC.

However, as you have mentioned that the app closes automatically, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

PC keeps trying to import unmodified versions of my photos on my phone

1. PC keeps trying to import unmodified versions of my photos on my phone - Similar Threads - keeps trying import

2. I am trying to import photos from my phone to Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to import photos from my phone to Photos app: Hi, The photos app appears stuck at finding photos. It found 1056 but it will not go to the next stage where I can select which photos to import. Action I took before asking:1. I used the Windows store app trouble shooter.2. I went to Apps & features to select Microsoft...
  3. I am trying to import photos from my phone to Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to import photos from my phone to Photos app: Hi, The photos app appears stuck at finding photos. It found 1056 but it will not go to the next stage where I can select which photos to import. Action I took before asking:1. I used the Windows store app trouble shooter.2. I went to Apps & features to select Microsoft...
  4. I am trying to import my photos from my iDevices to Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am trying to import my photos from my iDevices to Windows 10 PC: I am trying to import my photos and videos from my iPad 7th Generation; iOS 14.1 and my iPhone 8 Plus; iOS 14.1 using the 'Photos' app and it consistently tells me that "Something went wrong... Your files might not have been imported." I check my destination folders I have...
  5. I can't import photos from my phone using the photos app

I can't import photos from my phone using the photos app: Every time I try to import using the photos app, it freezes or crashes as soon as I click on my import preference. I've tried repairing and resetting the app. I've tried import all, and since last import and neither works. I don't know if it is related, but I had to delete...
  6. Importing photos from phone into photos.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing photos from phone into photos.: Once connecting my Iphone with USB and selecting trust this computer on my phone, then import from phone on the photo app it says it cannot find any photos on the phone. The photos are definitely on the phone and not on the cloud as when I go into the folders it has the DCM1...
  7. Issues importing photos from my phone to microsoft photo app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues importing photos from my phone to microsoft photo app: Hi, Just wondering if any one can help me. For some reason when I'm trying to import photos from my phone to my laptop on the app it freezes. It finds my phone ok and starts finding the photos and then it freezes, eventually closing the app without importing them. I have...
  8. why won't my pc import photos from my phone ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why won't my pc import photos from my phone ?: why won't my pc import photos from my phone ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-pc-import-photos-from-my-phone/1a658c2e-5964-4b52-8f02-4a1843022269
  9. import photos from the phone to the PC

import photos from the phone to the PC: How can I import photos from the phone to the PC? I need to transfer images that I have in my Cell Phone to my PC, do I need to download some software?...
  10. Importing photos from mobile phones.

Importing photos from mobile phones.: My PC recognises my Samsung GT-19100 but tells me that there are no photos to import. But there is! What's to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/importing-photos-from-mobile-phones/bbc0dde2-6332-452d-be9b-99951ce6f051