Windows 10: PC Keeps Turning Itself Off Without Warning

Discus and support PC Keeps Turning Itself Off Without Warning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few weeks ago, my PC started turning itself off without any warning. The first time it happened, I was out of state using a laptop to control my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bobgrey, Jun 2, 2020.

1. bobgrey Win User

PC Keeps Turning Itself Off Without Warning

A few weeks ago, my PC started turning itself off without any warning. The first time it happened, I was out of state using a laptop to control my desktop remotely. I attempted to play a game Minecraft via my remote access as I was curious how well it would handle over a rather slow connection the hotel had. Upon joining a server, the remote access program simply closed. When loading it back up, it said that the PC was either not on, had no connection, or did not have the program open.

The program in question is called Teamviewer.

At the time, I just thought the house might of lost power.

After returning home the next day, I found everything else still on and working my TV I use as a monitor was still on, as was my desk fan, and the other two computers in the house, as well as the appliance clocks on the stove and microwave were not flashing as they would after a power outage. I rebooted the PC and attempted to join the same server on Minecraft this time while actually on the PC, not using remote access. It turned off again.

In the following days, I have played many other games and done other tasks without issues. However, my brother ended up buying me another game as he wanted someone to play it with 7 Days to Die. Launching it results in another random turn-off.

The other day, I got tired of this and attempted to work a solution.

I have since replaced the original processor, hard drive, and power supply, and have checked the Event Viewer and RAM speeds and capacity via Command Prompt.

I have 2 sticks of 4GB memory and one stick of 8 GB, all running at 1333.

The Event Viewer logs a Kernel-Power 41 error around the time of the shut-down with all error codes within being logged as 0.

I have even reinstalled the operating system itself on the new hard drive.

All replacement parts are identical to the original, as I pulled them directly out of an old computer with the exact same build specs aside from motherboard brand, the other computer was having boot issues with the BIOS on that motherboard, so the power requirements are not different and the power supply should be able to handle it. I thought the old power supply was going bad, so that is why I replaced it.

After replacing the power supply, the issue seemed to be resolved, as I was able to play that 7 Days to Die game without issue. However, it started turning off randomly since then. Once was when browsing mods for Minecraft on Twitch, a couple of times while just staring at the desktop background for half an hour or so, etc.

I have run out of things to try.

:)

bobgrey, Jun 2, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Close all tabs warning disabled after update KB3116900

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys, opens the Run Command.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.
    • Under General Tab, select Tabs.
    • Select if the Warn me when closing the multiple tabs is
      checked
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 2, 2020
  4. PC Keeps Turning Itself Off Without Warning

Keep programs running whilst screen is turned off - MSBook

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I understand that you want the programs to be running with turned off display.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Left Pane select Choose when to turn off the display.
    • Select the Time to turn off the display. Click Save Changes.
    • Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

PC Keeps Turning Itself Off Without Warning

1. PC Keeps Turning Itself Off Without Warning - Similar Threads - Keeps Turning Itself

2. Touchpad keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad keeps turning itself off.: Every time I restart my computer I have to go to settings and re-enable my touchpad because for some reason it keeps turning off automatically. This issue started very randomly a few days ago and I'm not sure what I should do other than keep turning it back on constantly. How...
  3. Touchpad keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad keeps turning itself off.: Every time I restart my computer I have to go to settings and re-enable my touchpad because for some reason it keeps turning off automatically. This issue started very randomly a few days ago and I'm not sure what I should do other than keep turning it back on constantly. How...
  4. PC turns off without warning on higher graphics, not overheating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns off without warning on higher graphics, not overheating.: Hello, I have a gaming pc I built a few months ago. It's more than capable of running higher graphics. I was doing some work in Unreal Engine 5 and enabled Ray Tracing yesterday. And the pc turned off a few minutes later. I was monitoring the temperature on my GPU and it...
  5. PC turns off without warning on higher graphics, not overheating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns off without warning on higher graphics, not overheating.: Hello, I have a gaming pc I built a few months ago. It's more than capable of running higher graphics. I was doing some work in Unreal Engine 5 and enabled Ray Tracing yesterday. And the pc turned off a few minutes later. I was monitoring the temperature on my GPU and it...
  6. Computer Turns Off Without Warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Turns Off Without Warning: Hello! Thanks for your time. I've found lately that whenever my computer starts to run low on battery around 11-14%, it will just shut down entirely without warning no low battery prompt or anything, and when I immediately plug it in and turn it back on, instead of resuming...
  7. Screensaver keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver keeps turning itself off.: I don't like having to turn off my monitor. My screensaver is turning off for some reason. Can I get some help? Windows version 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.959 160954
  8. Screensaver keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver keeps turning itself off.: I don't like having to turn off my monitor. My screensaver is turning off for some reason. Can I get some help? Windows version 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.959 160954
  9. Hotstop keeps turning itself off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotstop keeps turning itself off: Hello, i have an add-in network card that provides Bluetooth and Wi-Fi broadcasting to my desktop PC. My problem is that the hotstop keeps turning itself off, plus i found no way to turn it on automatically whenever i log into my PC AND no way to keep it on permanently. I'm...
  10. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...