Windows 10: PC Keeps Typing Numbers Mainly 8 and 2

Discus and support PC Keeps Typing Numbers Mainly 8 and 2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC often glitches out and starts typing random numbers - mostly 8 and 2. I don't know if this is a Windows problem but I know that it's not my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RowanH, Oct 29, 2020.

1. RowanH Win User

PC Keeps Typing Numbers Mainly 8 and 2

My PC often glitches out and starts typing random numbers - mostly 8 and 2. I don't know if this is a Windows problem but I know that it's not my keyboard or mouse because I have unplugged them and my PC continues to type these numbers. Also, when this 'glitch' occurs, the 'ctrl+F' shortcut rapidly happens. This 'glitch' is really annoying when I'm watching Youtube and the number keys rapidly skip me around through the video, and while I'm playing games because my number keys are used. I have looked this up on the web and I downloaded a suggested app called 'Restoro' and it scans my computer for free, but I'd have to pay for a repair and I don't even know if that would fix my problem. It would be great if there was a solution to this!

:)

RowanH, Oct 29, 2020

2. PG keeps getting typed in the windows 10 voice to text

Hello Margo,

There can a number of reasons for this kind of issue to occur. It would be helpful if you can provide us additional information about your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • What exactly do you mean by "PG keeps getting typed in"?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 PC?
    Select the Start button, type
    About your PC, and then press Enter to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC. Please post both the
    Version and
    OS Build of your PC.

Devlin Sco, Oct 29, 2020
  3. sbi33 Win User
    page numbering

I tried your suggestion SoFine but split it into three sections
    section 1 - pages not to be numbered
    section 2 - main part with mostly words
    section 3 - contains mainly jpg, pdf and some words
    was able to number OK sections 2 and 3, section 2 numbered from 1 - 110, section 3 numbered from 111 - 234
    combined sections 2 and 3, the numbering stayed as wanted.
    inserted section 1 at front of document and the numbering stated as 1 at the first page of the document not at page 8.
    I have found a company to print it for me, BookPrintingUK.com, I could send them the two files and hope that they can print it OK.
    But two files is a bit messy

sbi33, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

If I type shift+2 it displays " and when I type shift+" it displays @ its reversed how to fix it

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

This issue may occur if you have installed language pack more than 1 or 2 in your system, I suggest you to check the language settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Open the Start menu and select "Settings

• Select "Time & language

• Select "Region & language

• Set your preferred default language

• Click your language

• Click the "Options" button.

• Remove any keyboard layouts you don't want to use.

• Add your desired layout if it isn't listed and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

1. PC Keeps Typing Numbers Mainly 8 and 2 - Similar Threads - Keeps Typing Numbers

2. Number lock is off I’m able to type in numbers but the letters won’t type?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number lock is off I’m able to type in numbers but the letters won’t type?: Letters on keyboard on my laptop not working but the numbers work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-lock-is-off-im-able-to-type-in-numbers-but/fb408e85-da78-4815-9183-8d8bcafe8be2
  3. Help Keyboard always type 8 number after log into lock screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help Keyboard always type 8 number after log into lock screen: vid: https://youtu.be/GagzrtJWP7AI checked if the keyboard is broke by connected it to my Notebook and everything is fine.This always happens if I log into lock screen page. I tried updated to latest version [does not fix issue]...
  4. 2 monitors, change main

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 monitors, change main: I have 2 monitors, I switched them physically a couple days. they are like this in |display| 1 2 this way when I go from 1 to 2 the mouse travels to the right, as opposed to me having to go LEFT to get to the rt monitor. However, I want 2 to be 1 as far as start menu and...
  5. Keyboard automatically keeps on typing number "6"

Keyboard automatically keeps on typing number "6": Keyboard automatically keeps on typing number "6" and locks muse movement witht he no 6 key above the alphabet pad does not work.Tried formating my pc didn't work also checked out the keyboard of laptop it is ok....
  6. Main display is shown as number 2?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Main display is shown as number 2?: My primary monitor is shown as number 2 and when I change to "PC screen only", when I only need one screen, it only displays on my second screen to the side. I've tried changing things in the nvidia control panel also but no luck Any ideas? submitted by...
  7. Arrow keys randomly type 2, 4, 6, or 8.

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrow keys randomly type 2, 4, 6, or 8.: Hi everyone, First time poster! Does anyone know how to stop Windows 10 from randomly typing a 2, 4, 6 or 8 when using the arrow keys? Thank you, TO 138117
  8. Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Usually, numbers keys are present on two spots on a keyboard. One is at the number pad and the other of above the letters. You might face an issue where your laptop keyboard won’t type numbers. This could be with [...] This post Keyboard wont type numbers OR...
  9. Keyboard keeps typing "8" continuously every startup

Keyboard keeps typing "8" continuously every startup: Hi! This has been bugging me for a few days already. Upon startup, my keyboard keeps typing "8" on its own, filling up my password text box. Fortunately, I got an easy fix for this, I long press the "8" key and the nightmare stops. However, when I boot my laptop again, it...
  10. 2 types of BSOD on new PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2 types of BSOD on new PC: I'm a new user of Windows 10 and i decided to sign up to this forum due to some issues with my new PC. After building the PC and clean installing the OS i faced issues with multiple BSOD. At first it would show the message "kernel_security_check_failure". Two days ago, i...