Windows 10: PC keeps waking itself up constantly. Wake timers are disabled. What gives?

Discus and support PC keeps waking itself up constantly. Wake timers are disabled. What gives? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My PC has been randomly waking itself from sleep for at least the last month. It's really annoying and I have no clue why it's doing it. There are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/__________________99, Aug 5, 2020.

1. PC keeps waking itself up constantly. Wake timers are disabled. What gives?

My PC has been randomly waking itself from sleep for at least the last month. It's really annoying and I have no clue why it's doing it. There are never any signs of updates or any reason it would've needed to wake. There's also no rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes it'll wake itself immediately, others it'll wait an hour or so.

How do I stop this from happening? Is this a bug?

submitted by /u/__________________99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/__________________99, Aug 5, 2020

2. Wake timers

Hey all, i was wondering about the wake timers in windows... my pc has been waking up in the middle of the night because of wake timers, and while i know how to disable them, i was wondering if there could be any adverse effects of doing this? The timers
    seem to be set by windows itself for maintenance stuff. Im just worried that disabling them could keep my system from updating properly or doing its required maintenance. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

ArronBurris, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Abish5397 Win User
    Windows 10 PC waking itself

My windows 10 pc is waking itself up in the middle of the night. It's not due to wake-on-lan, and wake timers are disabled in power options. Event viewer shows the wake source as "Unknown". What's causing it and how do I turn it off?

Abish5397, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Tanz89 Win User

PC keeps waking itself up constantly. Wake timers are disabled. What gives?

My Wins 10 PC keeps waking itself up

I installed a Windows 10 onto my PC at the beginning of the year, but I didn't realize it was waking itself up until a little further into the months. I keep trying to search for ways to make it stop waking up, and I uninstalled one of the things on the
    list that makes it wake up. But I woke up today to see it turned itself on. This is getting annoying as, I don't need my computer to just turn itself on, waste my home's energy and do nothing. I ran powercfg -waketimers in the cmg but it says: "There are no
    active wake timers in the system." And nothing shows for the reason why the computer keeps waking itself up.

I have the event log, not really sure how to upload it:

PC keeps waking itself up constantly. Wake timers are disabled. What gives? 82199908-9d2f-443a-85f7-781808aea74c?upload=true.png

I have saved the system log into a file. Wondering if there are other things I can do to check what is waking up my PC?

Tanz89, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

PC keeps waking itself up constantly. Wake timers are disabled. What gives?

1. PC keeps waking itself up constantly. Wake timers are disabled. What gives? - Similar Threads - keeps waking itself

2. What setting is required to wake up the PC from hibernation for a timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What setting is required to wake up the PC from hibernation for a timer: Hi,I upgraded my PC with a new motherboard and CPU. Windows 11 the latest.I use Kodi scheduled recording timer. The old PC was able to wake up from hibernation to start the recording. The new was unable to do that.What settings do I need to set to wake it up for the...
  3. What setting is required to wake up the PC from hibernation for a timer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What setting is required to wake up the PC from hibernation for a timer: Hi,I upgraded my PC with a new motherboard and CPU. Windows 11 the latest.I use Kodi scheduled recording timer. The old PC was able to wake up from hibernation to start the recording. The new was unable to do that.What settings do I need to set to wake it up for the...
  4. What keeps waking up my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What keeps waking up my pc?: Event viewer says "source unknown" and command prompt says "wake history count - 1".Aside from turning off literally everything, is there a way to figure out what is causing this? Nothing will tell me....
  5. What keeps waking up my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What keeps waking up my pc?: Event viewer says "source unknown" and command prompt says "wake history count - 1".Aside from turning off literally everything, is there a way to figure out what is causing this? Nothing will tell me....
  6. Is it safe to disable wake timers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to disable wake timers?: Is it safe to disable wake timers? I have the choice between no timers at all, or just important timers. Tired of my PC waking up during night. Thanks. submitted by /u/BuldozerX [link] [comments]...
  7. Pc keeps waking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc keeps waking up: My pc keeps waking up from update orchestrator , I go into the command and enterpowercfg -waketimers the experation date just keeps moving so everynight my pc wakes up, I have to shut it down instead of putting it to sleep, This is an inconvenience, I can leave it on all...
  8. PC keeps waking up by itself

PC keeps waking up by itself: Hi guys, i have a problem with every installation of windows 10 i have. I prefer to use sleep or hibernation mode on my PC at night, but it randomly turn on in the middle of the night. What i already did: Disabled allow waketimers in power options. Used PStools to uncheck...
  9. Disable 'Important Wake timers Only'

Disable 'Important Wake timers Only': Lately, my laptop has been waking up from Sleep Mode in the middle of the night. I researched about this and found out it has been waking up due to Wake Timers. I know how to disable Wake Timers but recently saw that Windows had a new option, 'Important Wake timers Only'....
  10. Wake timers

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake timers: Hey all, i was wondering about the wake timers in windows... my pc has been waking up in the middle of the night because of wake timers, and while i know how to disable them, i was wondering if there could be any adverse effects of doing this? The timers seem to be set by...