Windows 10: PC keeps waking op on its own!

Discus and support PC keeps waking op on its own! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, for those also having this issue, to solve this problem: - Run a command prompt as administrator. - Enter what is in between the quotes:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bart Vranken, Apr 29, 2019.

1. PC keeps waking op on its own!

Hi, for those also having this issue, to solve this problem:

- Run a command prompt as administrator.

- Enter what is in between the quotes:

"powercfg -devicequery wake_armed"

Now you see a list of devices able to wake your PC. One example "Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard"

-If you don't want that device to wake your PC, enter:

"powercfg -devicedisablewake "Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard""

Because we have pets, they can run across my keyboard !

I just disabled everything one by one on the list!

I'm sure you can search in all the setting menu's and there may be other solutions.

I found this to be the quickest.

The only thing that can wake my PC is pressing the powerbutton.

Hope you all benefit from this.

And please, don't go hating on Microsoft, nothing or nobody is perfect, even if they tell you so!

Have a nice day all.

:)

Bart Vranken, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Logitech M510 Mouse Keeps Waking Up Computer

Hi,

It's always good to preserve your device's power by putting it on sleep mode. If your mouse is waking up the device, we suggest following the steps below as another workaround:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Once Command Prompt window opens, enter the following command: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    • You should be able to see the list of all devices that are allowed to wake up your computer. Enter
      powercfg -devicedisablewake “device name” into Command Prompt to stop a device from waking up your PC. Remember to
      replace “device name” with a name of the actual device. It’s also important to keep the quotation marks, so do not delete them.
    • You can also use powercfg -deviceenablewake “device name” command to enable certain device to wake up your PC, but it is optional. You can find the name of the specific device by using the Device Manager.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    App not waking pc from sleep

Thank you for getting back to us, Alexander. We can try to configure WinTv's task scheduler, kindly follow these steps:

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows key.
    2. Type Task Scheduler, and press Enter.
    3. Look for the specific task where you'd like WinTv to record (It'll easy to check under Next Run Time since you know the time when WinTv will record).
    4. Highlight the task, click Condition on the middle pane.
    5. Under Power, tick the box Wake the computer to run this task.

Check if your PC will wake to record after performing these steps, if the issue persists, kindly provide us your Windows build and version so we can look for more troubleshooting steps:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + R.
    2. Type winver, and press Enter.

Keep us posted.

Ralph Sta, Apr 29, 2019
  4. PC keeps waking op on its own!

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

PC keeps waking op on its own!

1. PC keeps waking op on its own! - Similar Threads - keeps waking own

2. Pc keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps restarting on its own: My Pc keeps restarting on its own and it seems to happen whenever I switch games. I've tried turning off fast start up, uninstalling and reinstalling NVIDIA drivers, and I've updated the bios. Every time it restarts I'll see these two messages in the event viewer....
  3. Pc keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc keeps restarting on its own: My Pc keeps restarting on its own and it seems to happen whenever I switch games. I've tried turning off fast start up, uninstalling and reinstalling NVIDIA drivers, and I've updated the bios. Every time it restarts I'll see these two messages in the event viewer....
  4. Pc keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My PC keeps restarting on its own

My PC keeps restarting on its own: My PC keeps restarting whenever I do a sertain action: like copying or right-click in the command prompt.If anyone knows the answer please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-restarting-on-its-own/56dcc7a3-d1ad-4c6a-8927-a7ce4a82c32f
  6. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own: Recently my desktop computer will not sleep or hibernate. about 30 seconds after switching to sleep or hibernate the pc wakes up again. I am using Window 10 Home all updated to with the latest updates. Can anyone help please?...
  7. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own: Recently my desktop computer will not sleep or hibernate. about 30 seconds after switching to sleep or hibernate the pc wakes up again. I am using Window 10 Home all updated to with the latest updates. Can anyone help please?...
  8. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. ''this pc'' keeps opening on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ''this pc'' keeps opening on its own: ''this pc'' keeps opening on its own very often and even more when i plug in the charger, the worst part is that it stacks up on like 5-6 times and it's annoying submitted by /u/K1ryu-Ch4n [link] [comments]...
  10. PC keeps freezing then restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC keeps freezing then restarting on its own: Hi, I've had this issue for a while and I don't know what's causing it, at first I used to think this issue comes up whenever I play online games but eventually it just happens randomly. I formatted my PC and the issue persisted, I tried to run diagnostics and see if my RAM...