Windows 10: PC keeps waking op on its own!

Discus and support PC keeps waking op on its own! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, for those also having this issue, to solve this problem: - Run a command prompt as administrator. - Enter what is in between the quotes:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bart Vranken, Apr 29, 2019.

1. PC keeps waking op on its own!

Hi, for those also having this issue, to solve this problem:

- Run a command prompt as administrator.

- Enter what is in between the quotes:

"powercfg -devicequery wake_armed"

Now you see a list of devices able to wake your PC. One example "Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard"

-If you don't want that device to wake your PC, enter:

"powercfg -devicedisablewake "Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard""

Because we have pets, they can run across my keyboard !

I just disabled everything one by one on the list!

I'm sure you can search in all the setting menu's and there may be other solutions.

I found this to be the quickest.

The only thing that can wake my PC is pressing the powerbutton.

Hope you all benefit from this.

And please, don't go hating on Microsoft, nothing or nobody is perfect, even if they tell you so!

Have a nice day all.

:)

Bart Vranken, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Logitech M510 Mouse Keeps Waking Up Computer

Hi,

It's always good to preserve your device's power by putting it on sleep mode. If your mouse is waking up the device, we suggest following the steps below as another workaround:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Once Command Prompt window opens, enter the following command: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    • You should be able to see the list of all devices that are allowed to wake up your computer. Enter
      powercfg -devicedisablewake “device name” into Command Prompt to stop a device from waking up your PC. Remember to
      replace “device name” with a name of the actual device. It’s also important to keep the quotation marks, so do not delete them.
    • You can also use powercfg -deviceenablewake “device name” command to enable certain device to wake up your PC, but it is optional. You can find the name of the specific device by using the Device Manager.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    App not waking pc from sleep

Thank you for getting back to us, Alexander. We can try to configure WinTv's task scheduler, kindly follow these steps:

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows key.
    2. Type Task Scheduler, and press Enter.
    3. Look for the specific task where you'd like WinTv to record (It'll easy to check under Next Run Time since you know the time when WinTv will record).
    4. Highlight the task, click Condition on the middle pane.
    5. Under Power, tick the box Wake the computer to run this task.

Check if your PC will wake to record after performing these steps, if the issue persists, kindly provide us your Windows build and version so we can look for more troubleshooting steps:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + R.
    2. Type winver, and press Enter.

Keep us posted.

Ralph Sta, Apr 29, 2019
  4. PC keeps waking op on its own!

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

PC keeps waking op on its own!

1. PC keeps waking op on its own! - Similar Threads - keeps waking own

2. PC continues to Restart on its own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC continues to Restart on its own.: Hello, So, I've had this issue start about a month ago and have not found a solution for it as of yet. My PC restarts on its own. I've searched for reasons online and the only thing I've found was that the issue is caused by a system failure/errors and to search Event...
  3. My PC keeps changing its LAN network name on its own

My PC keeps changing its LAN network name on its own: That causes a loss of network connection and internet access. I reboot the device and the network name restores but then, an hour later it changes again and connection is lost. My PC is connected to the CenturyLink modem via a NetGear WN3000 WiFi Range Extender. All other...
  4. Default mail app keeps opening on its own

Default mail app keeps opening on its own: The default mail app keeps opening on its randomly and minimises whatever is on the screen. It happens when the app not running in the background too. I have disabled all start up apps and it still occurs. I removed the mail app with windows powershell and now chrome opens...
  5. Windows 10 goes into sleep on its own and won't wake.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 goes into sleep on its own and won't wake.: Microsoft, I am very much frustrated and dissatisfied with Windows 10.I am Using the latest updated version of Windows 10(October Update).And even though I have selected Never turn my display off and never go to sleep option under power settings.,Still my Windows goes into...
  6. PC restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC restarting on its own: Product: HP Elite 7500 Series MT Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) I am desperate. My PC restarts on its own all of a sudden while I am working, once or twice a day, even if in Windows Update I set those hours as working hours. There is no error message. It...
  7. My computer keeps shutting down on its own?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer keeps shutting down on its own?: In the error report i get: Description: A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffffe00b469ff010 Parameter 2: fffff80515ebec88 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 2db0 OS...
  8. PC restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Support
    PC restarting on its own: I shut my desktop and printer off last night because of storm forecast. After shutting down I walked by and noticed my computer was on. So I shut it down again and this time waited for it to go black. I thought it had shut down. I came in this morning to start it and...
  9. Wifi keeps shutting off on its own

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi keeps shutting off on its own: Recently had to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10. I network connections I set the wifi network to always connect. However of the computer is shut down or goes into sleep mode the wifi shuts down. I have set the network card to not shut off to save power. Our pc is a desktop and...
  10. Default printer keeps changing on its own.

in Windows 10 Support
    Default printer keeps changing on its own.: I have a Dymo LabelWriter 400 Turbo directly connected by USB and a HP LaserJet 4100DTN connected by Ethernet. The HP is the default printer but *every time* I print a label to the Dymo, Windows 10 automatically changes it to be the default printer that all other programs...