Windows 10: PC keeps waking up by itself

Discus and support PC keeps waking up by itself in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, i have a problem with every installation of windows 10 i have. I prefer to use sleep or hibernation mode on my PC at night, but it randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Leandronb, Aug 2, 2020.

1. PC keeps waking up by itself

Hi guys, i have a problem with every installation of windows 10 i have. I prefer to use sleep or hibernation mode on my PC at night, but it randomly turn on in the middle of the night.

What i already did:

Disabled allow waketimers in power options. Used PStools to uncheck "wake pc to run this task" in Backup Scan task in update orchestrator. I disabled it too but it keeps enabling by itself. In group policy i disabled the option "enable windows update power management". I really don't know what can i do anymore, i now have to completely shutdown the PC at night.

on powershell the command: Get-ScheduledTask | where {$_.settings.waketorun} give me this result-

TaskPath TaskName State

-------- -------- -----

\Microsoft\Windows\.NET Framework\ .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319... Disabled

\Microsoft\Windows\.NET Framework\ .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319... Disabled

\Microsoft\Windows\InstallService\ WakeUpAndContinueUpdates Disabled

\Microsoft\Windows\InstallService\ WakeUpAndScanForUpdates Disabled

\Microsoft\Windows\SharedPC\ Account Cleanup Disabled

\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\ Reboot_AC Disabled

-lastwake on cmd do not give any useful information and -waketimers give me this:

O timer definido por [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\StartMenuExperienceHost.exe expira às 23:48:05 em .

Does anyone have any clue about what is going on?

submitted by /u/Leandronb
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Leandronb, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Tanz89 Win User

My Wins 10 PC keeps waking itself up

I installed a Windows 10 onto my PC at the beginning of the year, but I didn't realize it was waking itself up until a little further into the months. I keep trying to search for ways to make it stop waking up, and I uninstalled one of the things on the
    list that makes it wake up. But I woke up today to see it turned itself on. This is getting annoying as, I don't need my computer to just turn itself on, waste my home's energy and do nothing. I ran powercfg -waketimers in the cmg but it says: "There are no
    active wake timers in the system." And nothing shows for the reason why the computer keeps waking itself up.

I have the event log, not really sure how to upload it:

PC keeps waking up by itself 82199908-9d2f-443a-85f7-781808aea74c?upload=true.png

I have saved the system log into a file. Wondering if there are other things I can do to check what is waking up my PC?

Tanz89, Aug 2, 2020
  3. pc wakes up itself

Hi Davemal,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Try the below the below mentioned steps

Method 1:

Run Built-in Power Troubleshooter

* Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and hit Enter

* Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Power” troubleshooter from the list and see if it works.

* Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Apply repair automatically”. Also ensure to select
    Run as administrator.

* Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2:

Check your Network card properties to see if incase it is causing the problem.

• Press Windows Key+ X and select Device Manager from the list
    • Spot and Expand the Network Adapters
    • Right click on your Network card and select Properties.
    • Click Power Management tab and uncheck the options there to prevent your network card from ever waking up your Windows.

Method 3:

If it doesn't help, then let us find the root cause by using the command line which actually making PC to wake up

* Right-click on Start and Select Command Prompt(Admin) from context Menu

* Type or Copy/Paste the below commands into it

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

• To find out which devices are enabled to wake up the PC, enter this command
    powercfg /lastwake

• This will show the which device make system to Wake up last.
    Post finding the device, work around with the settings to fix the issue.

Hope this will helps

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

PC keeps waking up by itself

Logitech M510 Mouse Keeps Waking Up Computer

Hi,

It's always good to preserve your device's power by putting it on sleep mode. If your mouse is waking up the device, we suggest following the steps below as another workaround:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Once Command Prompt window opens, enter the following command: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    • You should be able to see the list of all devices that are allowed to wake up your computer. Enter
      powercfg -devicedisablewake “device name” into Command Prompt to stop a device from waking up your PC. Remember to
      replace “device name” with a name of the actual device. It’s also important to keep the quotation marks, so do not delete them.
    • You can also use powercfg -deviceenablewake “device name” command to enable certain device to wake up your PC, but it is optional. You can find the name of the specific device by using the Device Manager.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

PC keeps waking up by itself

1. PC keeps waking up by itself - Similar Threads - keeps waking itself

2. PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU: I just upgraded my GTX 1050 Ti to a 4060 Ti and ever since I've had an issue where my pc immediately wakes itself up after I put it to sleep. Even if I put it back to sleep, it's fine fore maybe 10-30 mins before it wakes up again. It'll do this several times, so far have...
  3. PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU: I just upgraded my GTX 1050 Ti to a 4060 Ti and ever since I've had an issue where my pc immediately wakes itself up after I put it to sleep. Even if I put it back to sleep, it's fine fore maybe 10-30 mins before it wakes up again. It'll do this several times, so far have...
  4. PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC keeps waking up.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps waking up.: For the past few days, every time I put my PC in sleep mode, it wakes up a few minutes later. Sometimes less than a minute later. I've never had this issue before. It would always stay sleep. I'm in Windows Version10.0.18363 Build 18363. 165822
  6. Pc keeps waking up

Pc keeps waking up: My pc keeps waking up from update orchestrator , I go into the command and enterpowercfg -waketimers the experation date just keeps moving so everynight my pc wakes up, I have to shut it down instead of putting it to sleep, This is an inconvenience, I can leave it on all...
  7. PC keeps waking itself up constantly. Wake timers are disabled. What gives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps waking itself up constantly. Wake timers are disabled. What gives?: My PC has been randomly waking itself from sleep for at least the last month. It's really annoying and I have no clue why it's doing it. There are never any signs of updates or any reason it would've needed to wake. There's also no rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes it'll wake...
  8. Laptop keeps waking up from sleep by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keeps waking up from sleep by itself: After the latest update (1909 I think), my laptop keeps waking itself up from sleep and won’t go back to sleep. It does this no matter if I manually click sleep or shut the lid. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this? I have an MSI GS65 if that matters. submitted by...
  9. PC waking up by itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC waking up by itself from sleep: Since installing the 1903 update (running W10 Pro), I've noticed on several occasions that my PC has turned itself on from sleep... I've done some investigating and found the following is waking up the PC: [img] What is "Universal Orchestrator Idle Start" exactly and...
  10. My Wins 10 PC keeps waking itself up

My Wins 10 PC keeps waking itself up: I installed a Windows 10 onto my PC at the beginning of the year, but I didn't realize it was waking itself up until a little further into the months. I keep trying to search for ways to make it stop waking up, and I uninstalled one of the things on the list that makes it...