Windows 10: PC keeps waking up.

Discus and support PC keeps waking up. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the past few days, every time I put my PC in sleep mode, it wakes up a few minutes later. Sometimes less than a minute later. I've never had this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nuraman00, Oct 5, 2020.

1. nuraman00 Win User

PC keeps waking up.

For the past few days, every time I put my PC in sleep mode, it wakes up a few minutes later.

Sometimes less than a minute later.

I've never had this issue before.

It would always stay sleep.

I'm in Windows Version10.0.18363 Build 18363.

:)

nuraman00, Oct 5, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Logitech M510 Mouse Keeps Waking Up Computer

Hi,

It's always good to preserve your device's power by putting it on sleep mode. If your mouse is waking up the device, we suggest following the steps below as another workaround:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Once Command Prompt window opens, enter the following command: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    • You should be able to see the list of all devices that are allowed to wake up your computer. Enter
      powercfg -devicedisablewake “device name” into Command Prompt to stop a device from waking up your PC. Remember to
      replace “device name” with a name of the actual device. It’s also important to keep the quotation marks, so do not delete them.
    • You can also use powercfg -deviceenablewake “device name” command to enable certain device to wake up your PC, but it is optional. You can find the name of the specific device by using the Device Manager.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    App not waking pc from sleep

Thank you for getting back to us, Alexander. We can try to configure WinTv's task scheduler, kindly follow these steps:

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows key.
    2. Type Task Scheduler, and press Enter.
    3. Look for the specific task where you'd like WinTv to record (It'll easy to check under Next Run Time since you know the time when WinTv will record).
    4. Highlight the task, click Condition on the middle pane.
    5. Under Power, tick the box Wake the computer to run this task.

Check if your PC will wake to record after performing these steps, if the issue persists, kindly provide us your Windows build and version so we can look for more troubleshooting steps:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + R.
    2. Type winver, and press Enter.

Keep us posted.

Ralph Sta, Oct 5, 2020
  4. PC keeps waking up.

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

PC keeps waking up.

1. PC keeps waking up. - Similar Threads - keeps waking

2. PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU: I just upgraded my GTX 1050 Ti to a 4060 Ti and ever since I've had an issue where my pc immediately wakes itself up after I put it to sleep. Even if I put it back to sleep, it's fine fore maybe 10-30 mins before it wakes up again. It'll do this several times, so far have...
  3. PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU: I just upgraded my GTX 1050 Ti to a 4060 Ti and ever since I've had an issue where my pc immediately wakes itself up after I put it to sleep. Even if I put it back to sleep, it's fine fore maybe 10-30 mins before it wakes up again. It'll do this several times, so far have...
  4. PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking up from sleep mode: Laptop always get BSOD when waking up from screen mode. This could if I manual put it to sleep and wait awhile or leave for a long time and come back. Event viewer shows this every time it reboots:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000019c...
  6. Laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking up from sleep mode

Laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking up from sleep mode: Laptop always get BSOD when waking up from screen mode. This could if I manual put it to sleep and wait awhile or leave for a long time and come back. Event viewer shows this every time it reboots:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000019c...
  7. System time keeps jumping 62 minutes into the future every time my computer starts or wakes...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System time keeps jumping 62 minutes into the future every time my computer starts or wakes...: Every time I start the system from sleep or at a cold start, the system clock is set 62 minutes and about 25 seconds into the future. After a manual synchronization of the clock, it runs with a correct system time.The problem started to occur after one of the latest updates...
  8. System time keeps jumping 62 minutes into the future every time my computer starts or wakes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System time keeps jumping 62 minutes into the future every time my computer starts or wakes...: Every time I start the system from sleep or at a cold start, the system clock is set 62 minutes and about 25 seconds into the future. After a manual synchronization of the clock, it runs with a correct system time.The problem started to occur after one of the latest updates...
  9. System time keeps jumping 62 minutes into the future every time my computer starts or wakes...

10. My computer keeps blue-screening for no reason, usually within a minute of waking it up.

My computer keeps blue-screening for no reason, usually within a minute of waking it up.: My computer keeps randomly crashing and blue-screening, and it has gotten very annoying. This can sometimes happen randomly through my usage, but it most often occurs less than a minute after booting the PC from sleep and signing in.I have tried all sorts of solutions from...