Windows 10: PC lag, crashes in boot Etc. Need guidance

Discus and support PC lag, crashes in boot Etc. Need guidance in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I have had issues with random lag spikes in PC. Sometimes it runs fine some times not. Never figured out why. Have been adding USB HDDs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eracet, Jul 12, 2020.

1. eracet Win User

PC lag, crashes in boot Etc. Need guidance

Recently I have had issues with random lag spikes in PC.
    Sometimes it runs fine some times not. Never figured out why.
    Have been adding USB HDDs to PC lately and thought that may of been a cause. Tried unplugging and reconfiguring (moving to differnt slots) Also have 3 hubs. (still thinking this may be a cause somewhere)
    All my external HDDs are running hot (posted about it on a previous thread).

When rebooting PC after a graphic update or just any restart to clear out things, it lags terrible. 15+minutes to get to bios screen. Last night I left it on boot bios screen (asus Screen) and it never started past that.
    Asus loves to not tell you what is going on in background.
    Hard reset and it finally faults out and says do some settings in UEFI. But everything in bios checks out.

All of my main hardware is less than 6 months old.
    Right now I am looking at possibly something with USB and motherboard.

Do not know if anyone has some other ideas on what to check ?

Asus Prime x570 p
    AMD 3900x
    Corsair MP600

:)

eracet, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 lags

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is when the PC doesn’t perform the way it should be. We were checking the lag issue, but
    in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • How much is the CPU and Disk usage showing in Task Manager, also check if any particular program is having high CPU and Disk usage?

We would suggest you to refer the steps as suggested in this article (Exclude step 10):
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Meanwhile, put the PC in Clean Boot and see if you still get the PC lagging issue. Refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. If the settings app is working fine in Clean Boot then please refer the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to determine the root cause of the issue.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 12, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

1. PC lag, crashes in boot Etc. Need guidance - Similar Threads - lag crashes boot

2. Need guidance on my gaming setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need guidance on my gaming setup: I have a core i5 6th gen processor with 8gb ram in it. I want to turn it into a gaming PC for games like GTA V. What improvements do I need to make in terms of RAM and SSD requirements? And which graphic card should I choose? Kingly guide me. Thank you!!...
  3. Need guidance on my gaming setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need guidance on my gaming setup: I have a core i5 6th gen processor with 8gb ram in it. I want to turn it into a gaming PC for games like GTA V. What improvements do I need to make in terms of RAM and SSD requirements? And which graphic card should I choose? Kingly guide me. Thank you!!...
  4. need some programming guidance

in Windows 10 Support
    need some programming guidance: i have a practice management system in my dental practice, and we would like to be able to create an on-screen "sticky note" when a patient's account is pulled up. The patient account number is part of the title bar text, and my desire would be to have a text note or a...
  5. PC lag and windows crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC lag and windows crash: Hi. So i'm running the latest version of windows 10 on my HP-Probook 640 and while I'm using it even when not running a high performance program it tends to lag . Like not slow moue movement and if i'm listening to music it sounds like static and basically everything is in...
  6. Need guidance for a specific way to reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need guidance for a specific way to reset.: I have 2 drives installed in my PC the C and the D drives. I want to completely reset my C drive (where windows is installed) and lose all my personal files and start new but the D drive should remain unaffected....
  7. Need guidance for setting up Email on PC & Mobile devices

in Browsers and Email
    Need guidance for setting up Email on PC & Mobile devices: Not sure the thread title captures best what I'm trying to say, but need some advice please... In addition to having a PC, it seems everybody has a tablet and a mobile phone as well these days (me included). Everyone I come across wants to be able to access their email...
  8. Need guidance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need guidance: My sister needs a program that will let her make a burnable dvd/cd for a birthday present. I have absolutely NO experience in this field of things so I figured I would ask here. This program should be able to import and string together .jpgs, some video clips, music files...
  9. Graphics Card Guidance Needed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Card Guidance Needed: I'm looking for some guidance on what graphics card or graphics chipset to consider. The computer has a G620 processor at 2.6GHz and runs Windows 10. It has a 380-watt PSU. The computer is used for playing web videos, web browsing, displaying photographs, playing DVD's,...
  10. Guidance needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Guidance needed: I have set my desktop as I want it I don'tlike all those panels - some I guess I have to have. Now what I would really like is to click on Start and the on/off option/s to beat the bottom instead of having to click the three small bars at the top left handcorner to bring...