Windows 10: PC lags for no reason

Discus and support PC lags for no reason in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, my computer has been randomly lagging ever since a RAM and Processor upgrade... Before upgrading, this had never happened even once. I will try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EvanTinsley, Jun 16, 2020.

1. PC lags for no reason

Hello, my computer has been randomly lagging ever since a RAM and Processor upgrade... Before upgrading, this had never happened even once.

I will try to explain what is happening as best as I can. Basically at random times my entire computer will lag, everything will lag, my screen, my mouse, even the music I may be playing. The entire computer lags... Lag spikes only last 2-3 seconds every time but they are very annoying. These little lag spikes will literally happen when I have 0 applications open. I can be on the desktop listening to music on Spotify and it will lag. I have monitored task manager and the lag can not be seen anywhere, nothings usage on task manager even is close to maxing out, and it is just steady lines, no lag indicated. Then, I went into event viewer to look for possible errors, I have found 0 things related to what is happening...

I will list my specs in which none should even come close to lagging, especially on the desktop.
    x64 based Windows 10
    MSI x570 Gaming Plus
    AMD Ryzen 7 3800x Eight-Core Processor, 3900 Mhz
    AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
    16 GB Viper RAM 3200mhz in slot 1 and 3 4 8gb
    16 GB Viper RAM 3600mhz in slot 2 and 44 8gb
    4 TB Samsung Evo SSD

I have all updated drivers/win10 and Advanced System care has not detected any viruses

:)

EvanTinsley, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jun 16, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 16, 2020
  4. PC lags for no reason

Game lag after the most recent update

Hi Billy,

There are a lot of possible reasons why you're experiencing lags while playing. One of which is the game server issue. To properly address your this concern, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing the issue with your other games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps through this

link
    . This can help diagnose and resolve issues with Microsoft products or third-party software that affects Microsoft products.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

PC lags for no reason

1. PC lags for no reason - Similar Threads - lags reason

2. Laptop lagging don't know the main reason what to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lagging don't know the main reason what to do?: My window security detected a trojan virus files and suddenly my laptop temperatures gets high than Usual and now its lagging ver badly i ran multiple virus scan but in vain what to do?...
  3. Laptop lagging don't know the main reason what to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop lagging don't know the main reason what to do?: My window security detected a trojan virus files and suddenly my laptop temperatures gets high than Usual and now its lagging ver badly i ran multiple virus scan but in vain what to do?...
  4. My computer keeps freezing and lagging for absolutely no reason.

My computer keeps freezing and lagging for absolutely no reason.: Most of the time I have no programs running and it will still lag and freeze. I noticed when I press the windows key everything seems but my cursor is still not moving. I thought it might be the driver so I tried updating it but I still get the same issue. I have 8gb of RAM...
  5. My computer keeps freezing and lagging for absolutely no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps freezing and lagging for absolutely no reason.: Most of the time I have no programs running and it will still lag and freeze. I noticed when I press the windows key everything seems but my cursor is still not moving. I thought it might be the driver so I tried updating it but I still get the same issue. I have 8gb of RAM...
  6. My Pc is lagging if I play a game for no apparent reason.

My Pc is lagging if I play a game for no apparent reason.: To clarify my question I would like to give you guys my specs first:gpu: gtx 1660 ticpu: ryzen 7 5800x32gb 3200mhz ramSo the issue started after updating from windows 10 pro to the 11 pro version. I noticed every game I open would slow down my other processes in such a way...
  7. My Pc is lagging if I play a game for no apparent reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc is lagging if I play a game for no apparent reason.: To clarify my question I would like to give you guys my specs first:gpu: gtx 1660 ticpu: ryzen 7 5800x32gb 3200mhz ramSo the issue started after updating from windows 10 pro to the 11 pro version. I noticed every game I open would slow down my other processes in such a way...
  8. Lagging in games without reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging in games without reason: I got a problem my games start lagging " every game" for some minutes in certain periods, i tried some things to try to fix it but didnt worki even reinstalled the windowsmy specs are intel core 2 quad8 gb ram1 tb hadr drivegeforce 9400 gtpicture before lag :picture when lag...
  9. Lagging in games without reason

Lagging in games without reason: I got a problem my games start lagging " every game" for some minutes in certain periods, i tried some things to try to fix it but didnt worki even reinstalled the windowsmy specs are intel core 2 quad8 gb ram1 tb hadr drivegeforce 9400 gtpicture before lag :picture when lag...
  10. Why do Microsoft store apps seem to "lag" for no reason?

Why do Microsoft store apps seem to "lag" for no reason?: At first I thought it was due to my pc being slow, which at the time it kinda was considering it had a Pentium 4417u, with intel hd 610 and a single stick of 4gb ddr4 at 2666mhz. But now I have a Ryzen 3200u system with 8gb, dual channel ddr 4 @ 3200mhz 2400mhz because that's...