Windows 10: PC left on idle does heavy processing, but stops when you open task manager? Here's the...

Discus and support PC left on idle does heavy processing, but stops when you open task manager? Here's the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Script which monitors usage and logs in the console any abnormal behaviour - https://github.com/ERGeorgiev/WindowsUtilities I wrote it a while ago to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BreakTheWind, Jul 29, 2022.

1. PC left on idle does heavy processing, but stops when you open task manager? Here's the...

/u/BreakTheWind, Jul 29, 2022
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Extremely high idle memory usage

Here is your first step:

You wrote: "... my pc idling at 80 - 90% memory ..."

1- Open Task Manager to the Processes tab and look at the Memory column.

2- What process(es) are using so much of your memory?

BulldogXX, Jul 29, 2022
  3. Task Manager overrun with unidentified Processes

Task Manager is getting overrun with unidentified Processes
    hogging my ram and cpu . when i try to stop these it says Access Denied .

I need tools that give me control to stop and prevent these tasks, and also beyond any doubt identify the processes .

Alot of svg hosts etc. This is just a part of the list. There is a whole row More of these processes.
    I'm almost certain this is making a game i play crash a lot .

Note i am using process hacker a tool i found online that gives more information on processes - that is the Task manager im using as seen in the preview.
    But even that i dont understand how to use if it was useful in this at all. I just want some brute force method of dealing with this. But willing to look around .

PC left on idle does heavy processing, but stops when you open task manager? Here's the... [​IMG]

OtherWay1982, Jul 29, 2022
  4. PC left on idle does heavy processing, but stops when you open task manager? Here's the...

CPU at 100% due to System idle process

Hi,

system idle process means processor is not loaded by any task and is waiting until it will be need to do something. So this is normal if there are no heavy tasks at this moment.

Igor Leyko, Jul 29, 2022
Thema:

PC left on idle does heavy processing, but stops when you open task manager? Here's the...

1. PC left on idle does heavy processing, but stops when you open task manager? Here's the... - Similar Threads - left idle does

2. "Task Manager" processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Task Manager" processes: More of a question of curiosity than an issue ATM. I hope I chose the correct place to post.A few details before I proceed, if needed. I have a Dell Optiplex 3130 that came with Windows 7 Pro, I've upgraded to windows 10 Pro. All updates are current as of two or three days...
  3. Task Manager Processes

Task Manager Processes: I was cleaning up processed in Task Manager and must have deleted something I shouldn't have. The appearance of the text in emails and web pages don't look as good. They don't look as crisp and the lines aren't all solid. I'm not sure what to do?...
  4. task manager processes

task manager processes: I was going through my task manager and suddenly I saw a process which had Microsoft icon four coloured boxes .it suddenly disappeared. I want to know that which process was that because I have never seen it before....
  5. BSODs when PC left idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs when PC left idle: Hello, A few months ago I was getting extremely frequent BSODs. I ended up reinstalling Windows 10 and that seemed to solve the problem. A few weeks later however and they are coming back. A consistent pattern is that they happen when I leave the PC idle for longer than a...
  6. PC reboots when left idle.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC reboots when left idle.: Hi all, Can I ask some help please? I've built second work system from spare parts a month ago. It all was fine but yesterday PC started to randomly reboot when left idle. When I launch some game or other heavy apps it's ok. But as soon as I close it PC reboots in 2-5 mins....
  7. Processes Open Up Automatically in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Processes Open Up Automatically in Task Manager: Whenever i check the Task Manager after intervals of approximately 5 minutes, the following processes are being run: Calculator Groove Music Mail Mail and Calendar Accounts Photos Search Settings Your Phone2 All of the above are marked with the green leaf on the...
  8. Processes / Task Manager

Processes / Task Manager: i have approximately 150-170 processes in task manager every time i open my laptop, is this normal or not ? and my laptop often get hot when i do simpel task like browsing is there any setting that microsoft can do to reduce the processes in task manager? [ATTACH]...
  9. PC FREEZE ON HEAVY TASKS

PC FREEZE ON HEAVY TASKS: My laptop is freezes then gives a bsod when i try to open an heavy task Gaming, coding, 3D design etc. I got two bsod error. First one is: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE _ERROR Second one is: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION I read that this errors are most probably from hardware reather...
  10. Task Manager does not open

Task Manager does not open: Hello, Task Manager does not open and it gives a error : The prodcedure entry point ImageList_CoCreateInstance could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe Also my computer has slowed down a lot. I can't even watch Youtube videos in...