Windows 10: PC lies down after some time (2-3h)?

Discus and support PC lies down after some time (2-3h)? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I know that many people think that this is not a problem but it's just annoying when you work on the PC and have to restart the PC every 2 hours. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by xHDJGx, Jun 27, 2020.

1. xHDJGx Win User

PC lies down after some time (2-3h)?

I know that many people think that this is not a problem but it's just annoying when you work on the PC and have to restart the PC every 2 hours. After about 2-3h there are even simple things lying around, like for example Open Windows Menu or move a window.

My setup:

CPU: i7-4790K is cooled by an All in One water cooling system

GPU: GTX1050ti

Ram: 16gb DDR4 kp as the clock

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro Version 1903

:)

xHDJGx, Jun 27, 2020
  2. cyberkost Win User

[WTB]   WTB: Lian-Li T-LM14B-2 top (for Lian-Li A05NB), Lian-Li PC-Q08B, Thermalright AXP-140

I'm interested in NEW or LIKE NEW:
    • Lian-Li PC-Q08 case (black)
    • Thermalright AXP-140 HSF
    • Lian-Li T-LM14B-2 top cover (for Lian-Li A05NB)
    Please keep in mind, when it comes to buying, I am a cheap bastard *Wink PC lies down after some time (2-3h)? ;) ... also, my need in the above is by no means urgent.

Heat and FS thread (trades?) are in the sig.

cyberkost, Jun 27, 2020
  3. PC shutting down automatically after keeping it idle for some time

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to PC shutting down automatically when left idle.

Based on the screenshots shared by you, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Reset the power plan to default and check if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘control’ and hit enter.
    3. Click on ‘View by’ and change it to
      large icons.
    4. Look for the Power options, and open it.
    5. Now click on Change plan settings.
    6. Then click on Restore default settings for this plan.

Method 2:

Try booting the PC into Safe Mode and see if the PC crashes. Refer the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

In case the PC is crashing in Safe Mode, then the issue could be due to a hardware fault. However, if the PC boots normally then you can try performing Clean Boot and see if the crash appears. Refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer.
    However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

If the PC is not shutting down automatically in Clean Boot, then you can refer the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    from the Clean Boot article.

Note: Please refer the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

In addition, I can see that there is a BIOS update available for the make and model of the PC. You may also want to try updating the BIOS and see if the issue persists. The BIOS update can be downloaded from

MSI website

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 27, 2020
  4. PC lies down after some time (2-3h)?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

PC lies down after some time (2-3h)?

1. PC lies down after some time (2-3h)? - Similar Threads - lies down

2. Is Windows Lying to my users? - Disable Windows Hello setup prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows Lying to my users? - Disable Windows Hello setup prompt: Every time our users log into their W11 Pro system they are prompted to configure Windows Hello saying "Your Organization requires you to configure login with face recognition, fingerprint or PIN" .I have two problems with this:1. We have disabled Entra security defaults2. In...
  3. Is Windows Lying to my users? - Disable Windows Hello setup prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Windows Lying to my users? - Disable Windows Hello setup prompt: Every time our users log into their W11 Pro system they are prompted to configure Windows Hello saying "Your Organization requires you to configure login with face recognition, fingerprint or PIN" .I have two problems with this:1. We have disabled Entra security defaults2. In...
  4. How is it legal for Samsung to make employees lie about knowing they have issues updating...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is it legal for Samsung to make employees lie about knowing they have issues updating...: I have the laptop Samsung Galaxy book Go I bought in 2022 I've probably used this laptop for less than 3 hours I turned it on the other day and it attempted to update Windows on its own and went straight into recovery screen and will not move from there I've tried contacting...
  5. How is it legal for Samsung to make employees lie about knowing they have issues updating...

How is it legal for Samsung to make employees lie about knowing they have issues updating...: I have the laptop Samsung Galaxy book Go I bought in 2022 I've probably used this laptop for less than 3 hours I turned it on the other day and it attempted to update Windows on its own and went straight into recovery screen and will not move from there I've tried contacting...
  6. storage is running out on C drive by itself and windows storage settings are lying to me

storage is running out on C drive by itself and windows storage settings are lying to me: My OS is installed on my 256gb SSD and I need storage on the SSD for a game I like playing I need it on the SSD for fast loading times and the storage seems to be running out by itself and sometimes when I delete files from the settings>system>storage then instead of getting...
  7. storage is running out on C drive by itself and windows storage settings are lying to me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    storage is running out on C drive by itself and windows storage settings are lying to me: My OS is installed on my 256gb SSD and I need storage on the SSD for a game I like playing I need it on the SSD for fast loading times and the storage seems to be running out by itself and sometimes when I delete files from the settings>system>storage then instead of getting...
  8. storage is running out on C drive by itself and windows storage settings are lying to me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. I CANNOT GET RID OF DISGUSTING PROPAGANDA LIES OF MSN. I DO NOT WANT SEE ANY NEWS FROM...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I CANNOT GET RID OF DISGUSTING PROPAGANDA LIES OF MSN. I DO NOT WANT SEE ANY NEWS FROM...: I DELETED THEM ALTOUGH I DIN NOT WANT THIS DISGUSTING PROPAGANDA LIE NEWS AGAIN THEY REAPPEARED. HOW CAN I COMPLETELY GET RID OF THESE SPAMMERS?...
  10. I CANNOT GET RID OF DISGUSTING PROPAGANDA LIES OF MSN. I DO NOT WANT SEE ANY NEWS FROM...

I CANNOT GET RID OF DISGUSTING PROPAGANDA LIES OF MSN. I DO NOT WANT SEE ANY NEWS FROM...: I DELETED THEM ALTOUGH I DIN NOT WANT THIS DISGUSTING PROPAGANDA LIE NEWS AGAIN THEY REAPPEARED. HOW CAN I COMPLETELY GET RID OF THESE SPAMMERS?...