Windows 10: pc lock question

Discus and support pc lock question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i want to know just how good that spot on the laptops is for securing laptops to the table? i have places next to our table that we both have our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by corvairbob, Jan 1, 2021.

1. pc lock question

i want to know just how good that spot on the laptops is for securing laptops to the table? i have places next to our table that we both have our laptops on and i can use one of those locks to tether them to the table. but if it is easy to just grab the laptop and give a healthy yank just break the locking area out of the laptop then i guess it is pointless to do that.

at this time we use fingerprint to logon to the pc's and some say that is not even good. but my guess is if someone wants your info bad enough they can get it. but we also have 2 step for banks and such. but i would like to tether them if this is a good way to keep them put.

also is there a way to make the hard drive so if it gets taken from it's pc to need some password to run in a different pc? we both run win10 64 bit

thanks bp.

:)

corvairbob, Jan 1, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 1, 2021
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jan 1, 2021
  4. RCoon Win User

pc lock question

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

pc lock question

1. pc lock question - Similar Threads - lock question

2. Wellness Question on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Wellness Question on Lock Screen: When i boot, i've started getting a little message at the top of the lock scren before i sugn in, asking if i want to improve my wellness. what is that and how do i get rid of it? TIA 172208
  3. Locked out of a Windows Desktop Machine and dont remember security questions

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of a Windows Desktop Machine and dont remember security questions: Hi, I have forgotten my windows PC machine password I do remember the pin # though. It is not allowing me to enter the pin. Just giving me the option to sign in through password. Which I don't remember. I want to reset it, but i can't rememer my 3 security questions. My...
  4. Locked Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked Question: I asked a question in this community and it can be viewed or voted on but comments are locked. Why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-question/debd0102-d236-45c6-a08e-79c2733d2b69
  5. Question about turning off battery icon on lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about turning off battery icon on lock screen: On the bottom right corner of my lock screen there is a battery icon. Is there a way to turn this off. Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/Maxwell492 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hz6f7i/question_about_turning_off_battery_icon_on_lock/
  6. Hi, WHY are all the answers locked!? How can I find an answer to my question if they're...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hi, WHY are all the answers locked!? How can I find an answer to my question if they're...: Hi, Why are all the answers locked!? I asked: How do I change scaling using TV as a monitor? How can I find an answer to my question if they're locked? Kind regards, Kathie...
  7. Why do you close and lock unresolved questions: MS again forced Word auto startup?

Why do you close and lock unresolved questions: MS again forced Word auto startup?: Here's a perfect example. I just searched because just recently Microsoft Office made one of Microsoft's typical changes without asking about something they have absolutely no reason for doing. I's sure it was due to a recent Office update. Suddenly Word just began starting...
  8. Windows Lock Screen Image is Stuck or frozen and I Have a Question...........

Windows Lock Screen Image is Stuck or frozen and I Have a Question...........: Windows Lock Screen Image is Stuck or frozen and I Have a Question about the Settings Folderif that's what I should call it ? My question was there was also in the Settings folder a folder named SettingsMaking the total of 3 files within the Settings folder. [ATTACH] I...
  9. Windows 10 Find My Device Lock Question.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Find My Device Lock Question.: Quick question, I’ve seen the feature on windows 10 for find my device in case my HP probook is stolen. Can’t the thief just erase the drive and reinstall windows to bypass this? Or is it usually locked to a chipset or windows serial key if tried? submitted by...
  10. Rotation lock question

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Rotation lock question: Can someone help to answer if this is the normal behavior? I have a HP notebook and can change to tablet mode. When I change to tablet mode and select the rotation lock, my display is portrait mode, but when I change my notebook back to Clamshell mode, found display...