Windows 10: pc lock question

Discus and support pc lock question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i want to know just how good that spot on the laptops is for securing laptops to the table? i have places next to our table that we both have our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by corvairbob, Jan 1, 2021.

1. pc lock question

i want to know just how good that spot on the laptops is for securing laptops to the table? i have places next to our table that we both have our laptops on and i can use one of those locks to tether them to the table. but if it is easy to just grab the laptop and give a healthy yank just break the locking area out of the laptop then i guess it is pointless to do that.

at this time we use fingerprint to logon to the pc's and some say that is not even good. but my guess is if someone wants your info bad enough they can get it. but we also have 2 step for banks and such. but i would like to tether them if this is a good way to keep them put.

also is there a way to make the hard drive so if it gets taken from it's pc to need some password to run in a different pc? we both run win10 64 bit

thanks bp.

:)

corvairbob, Jan 1, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 1, 2021
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jan 1, 2021
  4. RCoon Win User

pc lock question

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

pc lock question

1. pc lock question - Similar Threads - lock question

2. Followup on question, "how do I turn off notification?" Titled, "Stop Num Lock On...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Followup on question, "how do I turn off notification?" Titled, "Stop Num Lock On...: The original description was, "After I reinstalled Windows 11 on my Surface Go3 I3, i get a Num Lock On notification whenever I type using the key pad of my Logitech MX5500. How do I turn off notification?"I tried Logi Options+, which is a nice application, but was unable...
  3. Followup on question, "how do I turn off notification?" Titled, "Stop Num Lock On...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Followup on question, "how do I turn off notification?" Titled, "Stop Num Lock On...: The original description was, "After I reinstalled Windows 11 on my Surface Go3 I3, i get a Num Lock On notification whenever I type using the key pad of my Logitech MX5500. How do I turn off notification?"I tried Logi Options+, which is a nice application, but was unable...
  4. lock screen question "like the image that you see?" accidentally click the wrong feedback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock screen question "like the image that you see?" accidentally click the wrong feedback: On lock screen, I accidentally click the wrong feedback for the question "Like the image that you see?" , and for example after I click no, not a fan when I actually like the signature picture a lot or click yes, I like it when I don't like the picture, it's kinda frustrating...
  5. lock screen question "like the image that you see?" accidentally click the wrong feedback

lock screen question "like the image that you see?" accidentally click the wrong feedback: On lock screen, I accidentally click the wrong feedback for the question "Like the image that you see?" , and for example after I click no, not a fan when I actually like the signature picture a lot or click yes, I like it when I don't like the picture, it's kinda frustrating...
  6. how could i unlocked this one....This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how could i unlocked this one....This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote...: how could i unlocked this one....This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.?...
  7. how could i unlocked this one....This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote...

how could i unlocked this one....This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote...: how could i unlocked this one....This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.?...
  8. This is not the question but an answer to the locked question as an update for advisor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is not the question but an answer to the locked question as an update for advisor: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-while-doing-something-that-is-not-intense/66eb6973-3d1e-4984-a288-e15932744b6dThe default cpu voltage in bios are somehow undervolt and this cause when cpu are in idle state voltage drop too low and crash so I turn on...
  9. This is not the question but an answer to the locked question as an update for advisor

This is not the question but an answer to the locked question as an update for advisor: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-while-doing-something-that-is-not-intense/66eb6973-3d1e-4984-a288-e15932744b6dThe default cpu voltage in bios are somehow undervolt and this cause when cpu are in idle state voltage drop too low and crash so I turn on...
  10. This is not the question but an answer to the locked question as an update for advisor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging