Windows 10: PC locked up, sound still plays in the background but needs hard reset

Discus and support PC locked up, sound still plays in the background but needs hard reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys so my PC just locked up. Audio was still coming through my headphones but i had absolutely no control over anything, it was all frozen. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MajorFoley, May 1, 2020.

1. PC locked up, sound still plays in the background but needs hard reset

Hi guys so my PC just locked up. Audio was still coming through my headphones but i had absolutely no control over anything, it was all frozen. I was playing Hearthstone while also watching a video on my 2nd monitor, which was on chrome with about 5-10 tabs open. Running Windows 1809 at the moment.

:)

MajorFoley, May 1, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue PC locked up, sound still plays in the background but needs hard reset :p

cadaveca, May 1, 2020
  3. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 1, 2020
  4. PC locked up, sound still plays in the background but needs hard reset

No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 1, 2020
Thema:

PC locked up, sound still plays in the background but needs hard reset

1. PC locked up, sound still plays in the background but needs hard reset - Similar Threads - locked sound still

2. PC freezes but sound still plays and then BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes but sound still plays and then BSOD: Hey all, I have been having this issue for a while now. When I open a game or put the PC under too much load, the PC freezes completely but the sound still keeps playing fine, then after about 30 seconds, I get a blue screen with a watchdog error.I first thought it was my GPU...
  3. PC freezes but sound still plays and then BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes but sound still plays and then BSOD: Hey all, I have been having this issue for a while now. When I open a game or put the PC under too much load, the PC freezes completely but the sound still keeps playing fine, then after about 30 seconds, I get a blue screen with a watchdog error.I first thought it was my GPU...
  4. PC freezes but sound still plays and then BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. disconnect sound keeps playing in the background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disconnect sound keeps playing in the background: I updated my PC recently but failed to finish it. Since then an error or disconnect message keeps playing like when u unplug or plug a device. Please help its annoying....
  6. disconnect sound keeps playing in the background

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disconnect sound keeps playing in the background: Recently my computer have an update but failed to finished it. When it restarted it keeps playing a disconnect sound like when you unplugged a USB cable. I realized that my Bluetooth no longer working, if I disable it, the noise will stop. But, once I re open it up the noise...
  7. disconnect sound keeps playing in the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disconnect sound keeps playing in the background: Recently my computer have an update but failed to finished it. When it restarted it keeps playing a disconnect sound like when you unplugged a USB cable. I realized that my Bluetooth no longer working, if I disable it, the noise will stop. But, once I re open it up the noise...
  8. disconnect sound keeps playing in the background

9. did reset computer this pc still says need to reset pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    did reset computer this pc still says need to reset pc: I did reset this pc. After resetting still says reset pc. System function ok. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-reset-computer-this-pc-still-says-need-to/40dbc4df-bbeb-44a5-ad57-af928c915728
  10. did reset computer this pc still says need to reset pc

did reset computer this pc still says need to reset pc: I did reset this pc. After resetting still says reset pc. System function ok. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-reset-computer-this-pc-still-says-need-to/40dbc4df-bbeb-44a5-ad57-af928c915728