Windows 10: PC Locking up/becoming unresponsive randomly

Discus and support PC Locking up/becoming unresponsive randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; GPU: RTX 2060 Super CPU: Ryzen 7 3800xRAM: 32g Corsair MoBo: MSI x570 Recently I have been having an issue where my computer will begin to become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JonathanWatson3, May 31, 2021.

1. PC Locking up/becoming unresponsive randomly

GPU: RTX 2060 Super CPU: Ryzen 7 3800xRAM: 32g Corsair MoBo: MSI x570 Recently I have been having an issue where my computer will begin to become unresponsive. At first I thought that it was totally at random but I have narrowed it down to when I am watching a youtube video. I have a dual screen setup so I will have a window open on one screen with youtube and the other screen I will be doing another task like checking emails or browsing the web. I can tell when it is about to freeze because the youtube video will lose audio but the video will continue to play but the loading circle will popup

:)

JonathanWatson3, May 31, 2021

2. Computer Randomly locks up

Ok, so my dads pc (its in sp) completely randomly locks up.

Im not sure what the deal is.

it was working fine, i swapped boards and it game me a memory error but no big deal, fixed that. now, it locks up a few times a day, whether it is in the bios, or post screen, windows, trying to format windows ect.

Im not sure what to do! if its the board i'll rma it and give him "back" the P45 but if its ram or hdd idk...

what do you suggest?

freaksavior, May 31, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 31, 2021
  4. PC Locking up/becoming unresponsive randomly

PC Randomly locks up and freezes

Default PC Randomly locks up and freezes

anthrax2471, May 31, 2021
Thema:

PC Locking up/becoming unresponsive randomly

1. PC Locking up/becoming unresponsive randomly - Similar Threads - Locking becoming unresponsive

2. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup: Hello!Recently I had a problem with my Windows not updating from 10 vers. 1909 to vers. 22H2 and have tried a number of fixes that have led me to believe that there is a physical issue with my motherboard. However, I had the idea of transferring my SSD to a friend's PC, have...
  3. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup: Hello!Recently I had a problem with my Windows not updating from 10 vers. 1909 to vers. 22H2 and have tried a number of fixes that have led me to believe that there is a physical issue with my motherboard. However, I had the idea of transferring my SSD to a friend's PC, have...
  4. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive: Hello everyone, I'm just looking for some help / tips for my laptop. It's an Acer Aspire E5-575 that was purchased a couple years ago too old to update to Windows 11. I get that this computer is getting on the older side, but this is an issue I've been having for a long time...
  6. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive: Hello everyone, I'm just looking for some help / tips for my laptop. It's an Acer Aspire E5-575 that was purchased a couple years ago too old to update to Windows 11. I get that this computer is getting on the older side, but this is an issue I've been having for a long time...
  7. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

8. Need help troubleshooting randomly occurring unresponsiveness and locking up of PC

Need help troubleshooting randomly occurring unresponsiveness and locking up of PC: Hello community, since roughly September 2020 I am experiencing a randomly occurring issue with my PC Win 10 Pro 20H2, 19042.867, fully patched. Randomly occurring means in this case sometimes hours, sometimes days, sometimes weeks. Interestingly, this PC ran for roughly 2...
  9. PC becomes unresponsive

PC becomes unresponsive: My computer randomly becomes unresponsive, the mouse locks up, the audio drops out, and the machine itself makes a buzzing/grinding noise not from the speakers. Without any user input the machine corrects itself and goes back to normal operation. I have updated my drivers,...
  10. PC becomes unresponsive?

PC becomes unresponsive?: So basically I've been doing fine on this PC then recently since this Sunday. Anytime I play low-performance games I don't have a problem but when I paly a high-performance game my screen will freeze on that game and if I manage to Alt + Tab out the other windows are also...