Windows 10: PC Locks up and hangs at lock screen, what should I do?

Discus and support PC Locks up and hangs at lock screen, what should I do? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, I am trying to describe my problem as best I can: My lock screen background remains blue and doesn't actually switch to a wallpaper, This means... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HoloKola, Jan 16, 2021.

1. HoloKola Win User

PC Locks up and hangs at lock screen, what should I do?

So, I am trying to describe my problem as best I can:

My lock screen background remains blue and doesn't actually switch to a wallpaper, This means that windows locks up before loading the lock screen. What can I do?

TL;DR: My computer hangs before loading the lock screen wallpaper, and the background stays blue. What can I do?

My build is:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

16GB DDR3 RAM

Intel Core i5-2400

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard

600W PSU Not cheap, new cost as much as all the components now used

KingDian 280S SATA SSD OS

I hooked up the normal stuff:

An USB mouse

An USB Keyboard

An USB webcam

An Xbox One S controller unplugged it, PC does the same

:)

HoloKola, Jan 16, 2021

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

PC Locks up and hangs at lock screen, what should I do? [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 16, 2021
  4. PC Locks up and hangs at lock screen, what should I do?

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

PC Locks up and hangs at lock screen, what should I do?

1. PC Locks up and hangs at lock screen, what should I do? - Similar Threads - Locks hangs lock

2. After my laptop is locked, on reopening my laptop lock screen becomes blank, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After my laptop is locked, on reopening my laptop lock screen becomes blank, what should I do?: Please help me with this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-my-laptop-is-locked-on-reopening-my-laptop/37fcd57e-4c8b-4e66-9b0a-ed9d1d92389c
  3. After my laptop is locked, on reopening my laptop lock screen becomes blank, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After my laptop is locked, on reopening my laptop lock screen becomes blank, what should I do?: Please help me with this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-my-laptop-is-locked-on-reopening-my-laptop/37fcd57e-4c8b-4e66-9b0a-ed9d1d92389c
  4. Computer locked. Is this a scam? What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locked. Is this a scam? What should I do?: I called 888.236.0923 phone was not answered as Microsoft. I have not clicked or called any other number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-locked-is-this-a-scam-what-should-i-do/cdaeb063-ae61-48ea-bbe3-11e6df7861d2
  5. Computer locked. Is this a scam? What should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer locked. Is this a scam? What should I do?: I called 888.236.0923 phone was not answered as Microsoft. I have not clicked or called any other number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-locked-is-this-a-scam-what-should-i-do/cdaeb063-ae61-48ea-bbe3-11e6df7861d2
  6. After update today my lock screen is locked. What do I do to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update today my lock screen is locked. What do I do to fix this?: How do I fix this. After Microsoft update installed today it locked my log in screen.Janet coon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-today-my-lock-screen-is-locked-what/4c802ca3-285e-4ca6-a2ff-96ed3c22a067
  7. Lock Screen Hang Bug

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock Screen Hang Bug: I updated windows from 1803 to 1903 and since then the laptop hangs on the lock screen after opening the lid.This happens only when Low Power mode is turned on (or) the battery is low. This has happened for the fourth time now, only after updating. I assume this issue is...
  8. Computer Locking Up and Not Sure What to Do.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Locking Up and Not Sure What to Do.: Good Evening, I have recently been battling with my computer locking up, it will not blue screen or give me an error code. It just freezes and restarts. It does it while I'm streaming, editing videos, heck I even tried just leaving the computer on with it on idle and it...
  9. computer hangs or locks up

in Windows 10 Support
    computer hangs or locks up: evry since the 1803 my computer hangs or freezes I can move mouse and right click but I can't left click or contro alt delete doesn't help I have to manual hold power button shut down. I tried turning off the hardware accerlation on both firfox and edge but didn't help can...
  10. Lock up screen issues - hang on lock up

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock up screen issues - hang on lock up: Hi All. I have a new one installed Lenovo T450s with Windows 10 Entreprise. I have joined the machine into a domain without some active GPO. When I'm at home or sitting at a customer and must unlock the screen, it takes a war! It is as if searching for the DNS server...