Windows 10: PC locks up at various stages of use, mostly games.

Discus and support PC locks up at various stages of use, mostly games. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For a few months now, I've been experiencing lockups and since this pc is mainly used for online play, it can get very frustrating. There have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zackers, Apr 7, 2019.

1. zackers Win User

PC locks up at various stages of use, mostly games.

For a few months now, I've been experiencing lockups and since this pc is mainly used for online play, it can get very frustrating. There have been times when the pc is idling and same thing. I've tried thermal paste, formatting hdd with DBAN, cleaning, removing Creative sound card, and am at a point of replacing the hard drives. Today, I finally buckled and am seeking help in hopes of pinpointing the problem. Other things I thought of trying was resetting cmos and replacing ram sticks...but the repair bill is getting to steep at this point. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance. Specs are as follows:

cpu: amd fx 9590 8core (small liquid cooling unit)
    mobo: asus rog crosshair v formula-z
    gpu: amd radeon rx470
    ram: corsair vengeance 8g x4
    psu: (not sure, will have to open case to check)

:)

zackers, Apr 7, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 7, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Apr 7, 2019
  4. PC locks up at various stages of use, mostly games.

pc gaming HELLO

Hi Robert,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• Sign out your account from the game.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking this
      link
    • Sign in your account and check it.

If the steps above do not work, we recommend getting in touch with the game developer to get the missing item you’ve purchased. Click this
    link to contact the game developer.

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

PC locks up at various stages of use, mostly games.

1. PC locks up at various stages of use, mostly games. - Similar Threads - locks various stages

2. PC lock up, while playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC lock up, while playing games.: Hello. New PC build in February and have been having random crashes only while games are running, I can not recreate the situation, crashes are sometimes days apart and other times I will get several in the same day. The crash is, PC will lock up completely as if a...
  3. Windows locks up using SSD in Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows locks up using SSD in Bootcamp: Hello, I run Windows 10 in an iMac 21.5 late 2013 model 14.3 using Bootcamp. The hard disk is divided into two equal partitions. I've been using it for a while already without problem. Except that the hard drive starts to let go. So I decide to replace it with a SSD. I...
  4. PC locks up randomly (No BSOD)

PC locks up randomly (No BSOD): Not sure if my title is too vague, but here is my issue. Recently built a new PC, running Win 10 pro. Had issue with graphics card and removed to RMA it. Got new CPU to utilize integrated graphics ports. Every once in a while (about once or twice a week) PC will lock-up,...
  5. PC Randomly locks up and freezes

PC Randomly locks up and freezes: Hey guys, first off I hope you all had a great Xmas and New Year... So since the update for windows that's recently dropped, I keep having random crashes, well more of a freeze, I can still see everything on the screen but nothing will respond I have to power my system...
  6. BSOD Mostly During Gaming

BSOD Mostly During Gaming: I'm totally clueless on why my computer is BSOD-ing while I'm playing Dota 2, Overwatch, and just now with watching the TenForum video on the Posting Instructions(lol *cry). I've tried to lurk, try to fix it myself and see what I can find through the dumps and try to...
  7. BSOD playing various games

BSOD playing various games: Hello everyone, i would love to get some help whit my problem. As the title say i get different BSOD when i play games like Dragon age or Assassin creed. Here's a link to a post in tomshardware forum, they suggested me to ask in this site: BSOD when playing games - Windows...
  8. Most Used Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most Used Apps: The other day i opened the start menu and clicked on the left side under most used apps hiding programs from the list, now nothing appears in that list and i have the left side empty. how to set again the most used apps if i have ON the option in settings but still there isnt...
  9. Computer locking up with general use / games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer locking up with general use / games: Hi all, Hopefully i've posted this in the right area if not please move it if required mods Anyways having an currently an issue with this PC i have just recently formatted and reinstalled all my drivers and games after 2-3 days i started getting locks up (Black screen,...
  10. PC locks up, no BOSD

in Windows 10 Support
    PC locks up, no BOSD: Sorry if this is in the wrong place, it's about a crash with no BSOD so I didn't know where to put it. Similar lock ups have been posted here before so I saw through searching. So I've had a fresh install of windows 10 for about 2 weeks or so. The only trouble I have is it...