Windows 10: PC locks up at various stages of use, mostly games.

Discus and support PC locks up at various stages of use, mostly games. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For a few months now, I've been experiencing lockups and since this pc is mainly used for online play, it can get very frustrating. There have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zackers, Apr 7, 2019.

1. zackers Win User

PC locks up at various stages of use, mostly games.

For a few months now, I've been experiencing lockups and since this pc is mainly used for online play, it can get very frustrating. There have been times when the pc is idling and same thing. I've tried thermal paste, formatting hdd with DBAN, cleaning, removing Creative sound card, and am at a point of replacing the hard drives. Today, I finally buckled and am seeking help in hopes of pinpointing the problem. Other things I thought of trying was resetting cmos and replacing ram sticks...but the repair bill is getting to steep at this point. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance. Specs are as follows:

cpu: amd fx 9590 8core (small liquid cooling unit)
    mobo: asus rog crosshair v formula-z
    gpu: amd radeon rx470
    ram: corsair vengeance 8g x4
    psu: (not sure, will have to open case to check)

:)

zackers, Apr 7, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 7, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Apr 7, 2019
  4. PC locks up at various stages of use, mostly games.

pc gaming HELLO

Hi Robert,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• Sign out your account from the game.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking this
      link
    • Sign in your account and check it.

If the steps above do not work, we recommend getting in touch with the game developer to get the missing item you’ve purchased. Click this
    link to contact the game developer.

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

PC locks up at various stages of use, mostly games.

1. PC locks up at various stages of use, mostly games. - Similar Threads - locks various stages

2. Various BOSD mostly on battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various BOSD mostly on battery: Dear Microsoft support team.I am running into various BOSD on my Asus Flow x16, mostly when running it on battery, after ca. 15min. Lately there are also BOSD during the start followed by a normal start, or while running with external power.BOSD Messages...
  3. Various BOSD mostly on battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various BOSD mostly on battery: Dear Microsoft support team.I am running into various BOSD on my Asus Flow x16, mostly when running it on battery, after ca. 15min. Lately there are also BOSD during the start followed by a normal start, or while running with external power.BOSD Messages...
  4. PC locks up when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC locks up when playing games: HelloI recently got a brand new PC and for the past month I've had an issue where any game I play can randomly slow down over the space of a second or two and then crash. The screen will freeze and I'll be unable to tab out to other windows, I will be able to see those...
  5. PC locks up when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC locks up when playing games: HelloI recently got a brand new PC and for the past month I've had an issue where any game I play can randomly slow down over the space of a second or two and then crash. The screen will freeze and I'll be unable to tab out to other windows, I will be able to see those...
  6. PC locks up when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Game is staging.

Game is staging.: I recently played Football Manager 2021, and when I launched it, the game wouldn't advance past the loading screen. I accessed my task manager, and it said that my game was staging. I would like to know what that means and what I should to make my game run faster?...
  8. Windows 10 Update stuck at various stages of progress

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update stuck at various stages of progress: I own a 2014 HP Pavilion 15 model which I did not use for the past two years due to a mother board issue. I recently fixed the board and have been trying to update the software windows 10. The present version is in windows 8. Trying to download update software from...
  9. PC lock up, while playing games.

PC lock up, while playing games.: Hello. New PC build in February and have been having random crashes only while games are running, I can not recreate the situation, crashes are sometimes days apart and other times I will get several in the same day. The crash is, PC will lock up completely as if a...
  10. Computer locking up with general use / games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer locking up with general use / games: Hi all, Hopefully i've posted this in the right area if not please move it if required mods Anyways having an currently an issue with this PC i have just recently formatted and reinstalled all my drivers and games after 2-3 days i started getting locks up (Black screen,...