Windows 10: PC locks up then wont boot to bios

Discus and support PC locks up then wont boot to bios in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi My PC keeps locking up and when it dose the screen is frozen but I can still hear the sound, the only way to fix it is by turning the power off in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GavinWilliams2, Jun 27, 2019.

1. PC locks up then wont boot to bios

Hi

My PC keeps locking up and when it dose the screen is frozen but I can still hear the sound, the only way to fix it is by turning the power off in my pc, when I do this and boot it back up the bios screen doesn't even show up and I need to reset it several times before it works again

Please help

Regards

Gav

:)

GavinWilliams2, Jun 27, 2019

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems!

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jun 27, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jun 27, 2019
  4. PC locks up then wont boot to bios

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

PC locks up then wont boot to bios

1. PC locks up then wont boot to bios - Similar Threads - locks wont boot

2. My pc wont boot into windows or bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc wont boot into windows or bios: Hello yesterday i was going To trouble shoot To windows ten i normally cliked it so it would boot into windows, but the problem is it didnt it goed straight To some black screen where it says "secure boot violation" the it says ok and i press it then it says error nothing To...
  3. My pc wont boot into windows or bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc wont boot into windows or bios: Hello yesterday i was going To trouble shoot To windows ten i normally cliked it so it would boot into windows, but the problem is it didnt it goed straight To some black screen where it says "secure boot violation" the it says ok and i press it then it says error nothing To...
  4. My pc wont boot into windows or bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Pc wont boot to bios after BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc wont boot to bios after BSOD: So had this build about 2 years and recently updated to Windows 11. Had blue screen error and now unable to boot the pc. Screen is off no signal no power to keyboard or mouse. Tried removing ram and resetting the CMOS jumper and battery. Tried using the integrated gpu but...
  6. Pc wont boot to bios after BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc wont boot to bios after BSOD: So had this build about 2 years and recently updated to Windows 11. Had blue screen error and now unable to boot the pc. Screen is off no signal no power to keyboard or mouse. Tried removing ram and resetting the CMOS jumper and battery. Tried using the integrated gpu but...
  7. Hp Pc wont boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hp Pc wont boot up: I tried adavanced option to keep files but it tells mae password is wrong so i changed password n it still wont let me use advanced settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pc-wont-boot-up/5ae3e4aa-8229-45f7-afe5-8d2d12a73073
  8. PC wont boot past bios splash screen

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wont boot past bios splash screen: I have a seperate thread in BSOD forum. As paart of fixing the problems I downlaod a memtest program and shut down my pc to run it. On startup the pc went to the bios splash screen (ASUS) and now just sits there. It wont enter the bios or do anything. I'm assuming it is a...
  9. Pc just wont boot up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pc just wont boot up.: So I was watching youtube randomly and then out of knowhere my pc gave me a blue screen of death. Unlike other ones where I can just load back in after it does stuff this one says, "Startup Repair couldn't fix your PC" and the log file is...
  10. Pc wont boot wont BIOS after BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc wont boot wont BIOS after BSOD: Hi my pc is a win10 machine it seemed to break last night bios while trying to restore it as it was corrupt, bios and before that the startup had 2 PEs n I was trying to get Ted of disk genius PE to leave MACRIUMs PE, n said it was restoring BIOS from the backup GIGABYTE...