Windows 10: PC locks up when re-starting

Discus and support PC locks up when re-starting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My home PC locks up every time I try to re-start it. PC: Zoostorm (model 7910-4349/B Windows 10, version 1803 When I select the re-start option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Russell Middleton, Oct 17, 2018.

1. PC locks up when re-starting

My home PC locks up every time I try to re-start it.

PC: Zoostorm (model 7910-4349/B

Windows 10, version 1803

When I select the re-start option from the power menu my PC locks up.

I then have to use the power button to turn off my system.

If I use the shut down option from the power menu, the PC will turn off.

This has happened ever since Windows 10 was installed.

As you can guess, every time there is an update I have problems!

I select the 'Re-start' option from the power menu.

The screen goes blank (brown background) with the works 'Restarting' appearing.

The circle of dots appears and rotates.

After approximately seven seconds, the dots will stop moving.

I have left the system overnight to see if it would work given time, no joy.

To continue, I have to turn the power off using the on/off switch on the front of my PC.

Does anybody know how I can find out what is causing my PC to lock up?

Is there a way I can log what is happening when my PC tries to restart?

Thanks in advance.

Russ

:)

Russell Middleton, Oct 17, 2018

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 17, 2018
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Oct 17, 2018
  4. PC locks up when re-starting

Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

PC locks up when re-starting

1. PC locks up when re-starting - Similar Threads - locks starting

2. After Installing new Intel graphics drivers windows starts with a black screen locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Installing new Intel graphics drivers windows starts with a black screen locked.: Hitman 3 Wasnt launching and it seemed like the solution was to download thia driver. Well after restarting my pc just goes to a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-new-intel-graphics-drivers/ce30e79d-2e77-41ac-83e4-691deda2632c
  3. After Installing new Intel graphics drivers windows starts with a black screen locked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Installing new Intel graphics drivers windows starts with a black screen locked.: Hitman 3 Wasnt launching and it seemed like the solution was to download thia driver. Well after restarting my pc just goes to a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-new-intel-graphics-drivers/ce30e79d-2e77-41ac-83e4-691deda2632c
  4. blue screen everytime on start up - locked out completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen everytime on start up - locked out completely: Whenever I try to start my desktop, as soon as the windows sound plays, "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info" shows up and an error should plays. Then the "It looks like windows didn't load correctly" screen shows up....
  5. blue screen everytime on start up - locked out completely

blue screen everytime on start up - locked out completely: Whenever I try to start my desktop, as soon as the windows sound plays, "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info" shows up and an error should plays. Then the "It looks like windows didn't load correctly" screen shows up....
  6. Windows 11 unable to start, main drive is locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 unable to start, main drive is locked: Hello, I've ran into this problem about 2 months ago. When I installed kaspersky on my laptop, it scanned for viruses and found something inside the Windows files, deleted it, and then after I turned my laptop off, I cannot turn it on. I've tried many different wayswhen I go...
  7. Windows 11 unable to start, main drive is locked

Windows 11 unable to start, main drive is locked: Hello, I've ran into this problem about 2 months ago. When I installed kaspersky on my laptop, it scanned for viruses and found something inside the Windows files, deleted it, and then after I turned my laptop off, I cannot turn it on. I've tried many different wayswhen I go...
  8. My Laptop is locked and it required bitlocker to start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop is locked and it required bitlocker to start.: My laptop is locked with bit locker key and i cant start the system I dont have BitLocker keys and i have even checked the Microsoft account and there are no key they are empty....
  9. My Laptop is locked and it required bitlocker to start.

My Laptop is locked and it required bitlocker to start.: My laptop is locked with bit locker key and i cant start the system I dont have BitLocker keys and i have even checked the Microsoft account and there are no key they are empty....
  10. I did a diagnostic start up and restarted my computer immediately. Now I'm locked out.

I did a diagnostic start up and restarted my computer immediately. Now I'm locked out.: I did a diagnostic start up and restarted my computer immediately. Now I'm locked out.It says "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again."When I click to set up my PIN again, I get this message:"The system detected an overrun of a...